1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shoulder charge to be BANNED

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Napper, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    From all Rugby League competitions nation wide.

Sad sad day for the game!!!

http://www.nrl.com/commission-to-outlaw-shoulder-charge/tabid/10874/newsid/70416/default.aspx

2. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    Yeah, the day they outlawed the coathanger was the beginning of the end. Game for pansies now.

3. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    SBW may as well stay away now

4. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Disgraceful decision

5. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    WTF will be rugby league in 2013? :huh:

Illegal shots above the sternum should be penalised consistently, end of story. Nothing better than a clear shoulder charge to a charging opposition forward IMO.

Those season ending wrestle twists of the leg, resulting in ligament tears, are what needs to be outlawed.:mad:

Spud must be turning in his future grave :dodgy:

6. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    Remind me to speak to him about that. That is quite deviant behaviour, even for Spud.

7. twitchk

twitchk Active Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    what a joke.

reminds me of a south park episode, youtube search "sarcastaball", its a pretty funny play on safety going too far in american football.

"while were at it, we will have a balloon instead of a ball, and whoever catches the balloon, tries to run while all the other players hug!"

8. mudgeagle

mudgeagle Active Member

Mudgee, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    just trying to think off something the new NRL board commission or what ever they call themselves that is good for the game , the money was a done deal before they got in and all they did was to give channel nine a free pass at any game they want on TV , got rid of gallop (not a bad thing i know ) and had no one to replace him , and now this , i am not that worried about the shoulder charge but all the game seems to want is a fast high scoring match , no reward for hard legal defence or even a old fashioned tackle around the ankles , we have all heard the refs say get off straight away , no wonder it has turned into a battle of who is the best at the wrestle in the ruck , OK rant over

9. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,480 / 35
    ARLC got scared. They could see a future law suit on their hands over a shoulder charge gone wrong. Cheap shots like the Greg Inglis hit on Dean Young this year haven't helped matters.

10. silvertail

silvertail Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 6
    A sad day indeed. The attacking player should always be responsible for getting out of the way of the defenders shoulder. It was always a tough and intimidating game.

11. bennyeagle

bennyeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +267 / 8
    The referees ate going to crack down in it hard too ! Worse decision ever made !

12. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,648 / 66
    Less of a spectacle for the game but is it better for player welfare??

13. conanu

conanu Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,839 / 31
    I feel sick. This is one of the worst half cocked decisions i have ever seen. ARLC wont win any fans with this soft cock measure. Toughness is what sets league apart from the rest. The stupid thing is that they said it constitutes less than .05% of tackles made in the game last year so it wont do any harm getting rid of it. But im sure that freakish tries comprise of less than that number does that mean the game wont miss them either.

14. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,412 / 35
    This is a stupid decision. The tackling rules are going to end up like AFL at this rate.

I can just see players (Matai in particular) being penalised all year for making a solid tackle and refs abusing the rule and blow a penalty.

It just feels year in, year out, the game gets a little softer. Next thing they'll ban tackles all together.

I blame GI the Muppet.

15. Jonesyv2

Jonesyv2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    Yep Matai will be singled out within the first 3 rounds, mark my words.

16. Eagles Terrorist

Eagles Terrorist Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    A good decision. Never a lot of skill involved. Glad to see it gone.

17. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Lol, Matai will have to compliment his way down the field now....

18. ando

ando Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 2
    Reduce the interchange, thats the solution.

19. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    Rex would be turning in his grave with this decision

• Like Like x 1
  20. MWSE

MWSE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +335 / 2
    Polynesian players everywhere are shuddering; they now have to learn to tackle!