Shoulder charge to be BANNED

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
From all Rugby League competitions nation wide.

Sad sad day for the game!!!

http://www.nrl.com/commission-to-outlaw-shoulder-charge/tabid/10874/newsid/70416/default.aspx

Yeah, the day they outlawed the coathanger was the beginning of the end. Game for pansies now.

WTF will be rugby league in 2013? :huh:

Illegal shots above the sternum should be penalised consistently, end of story. Nothing better than a clear shoulder charge to a charging opposition forward IMO.

Those season ending wrestle twists of the leg, resulting in ligament tears, are what needs to be outlawed.:mad:

Spud must be turning in his future grave :dodgy:

what a joke.

reminds me of a south park episode, youtube search "sarcastaball", its a pretty funny play on safety going too far in american football.

"while were at it, we will have a balloon instead of a ball, and whoever catches the balloon, tries to run while all the other players hug!"

just trying to think off something the new NRL board commission or what ever they call themselves that is good for the game , the money was a done deal before they got in and all they did was to give channel nine a free pass at any game they want on TV , got rid of gallop (not a bad thing i know ) and had no one to replace him , and now this , i am not that worried about the shoulder charge but all the game seems to want is a fast high scoring match , no reward for hard legal defence or even a old fashioned tackle around the ankles , we have all heard the refs say get off straight away , no wonder it has turned into a battle of who is the best at the wrestle in the ruck , OK rant over

ARLC got scared. They could see a future law suit on their hands over a shoulder charge gone wrong. Cheap shots like the Greg Inglis hit on Dean Young this year haven't helped matters.

A sad day indeed. The attacking player should always be responsible for getting out of the way of the defenders shoulder. It was always a tough and intimidating game.

Less of a spectacle for the game but is it better for player welfare??

I feel sick. This is one of the worst half cocked decisions i have ever seen. ARLC wont win any fans with this soft cock measure. Toughness is what sets league apart from the rest. The stupid thing is that they said it constitutes less than .05% of tackles made in the game last year so it wont do any harm getting rid of it. But im sure that freakish tries comprise of less than that number does that mean the game wont miss them either.

This is a stupid decision. The tackling rules are going to end up like AFL at this rate.

I can just see players (Matai in particular) being penalised all year for making a solid tackle and refs abusing the rule and blow a penalty.

It just feels year in, year out, the game gets a little softer. Next thing they'll ban tackles all together.

I blame GI the Muppet.

twitchk said:
what a joke.

reminds me of a south park episode, youtube search "sarcastaball", its a pretty funny play on safety going too far in american football.

"while were at it, we will have a balloon instead of a ball, and whoever catches the balloon, tries to run while all the other players hug!"

Lol, Matai will have to compliment his way down the field now....

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6