Should we go for Bird?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm not sure about Bird. Are we better spending the money we would need to fork out on him on 2 or 3 younger guys with better long term upside ??

The bird is flying to God's country. For those that are not happy about it see how you feel next year with if not the most feared pack in the comp . Albeit maybe only a couple of years until we have the cash to sign some young Gun . Our young backs like gutherson and trobojovic will feed off the yardage that these fearless monsters will bring us . Myles. Lussick . Bird. J trobojovic . Starling. Buhrer and Ballin. Looks OK to me .

I'm not sure about Bird. Are we better spending the money we would need to fork out on him on 2 or 3 younger guys with better long term upside ??
I hear you C&C, but havent we done that in recent years? Hasson, Chee Kam etc.
A mix of experience and up 'n coming youth is best. But with some of these young guys its a gamble as to whether they will blossom into great players or not (Hasson, MCK case in point). Id be happy to trade in 3 or 4 young duds that dont fire for a Bird type character. Thank god its in Bozo/Dave Warwick/Toovs/Kelly's hands, and not ours

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Yes just what we need a 31 year old by the time he arrives. We are old and slow at the moment and need an injection of young players not old band aid solutions.

Myles will be 2 months away from being 31 when he puts on his Manly jersey. Dads army forwards to complement the 2016 dads army backs. Sounds like Manly.

Bird won;t be coming

Bird set to fly the coop?

I can confirm Greg Bird engaged in informal talks with Manly.

A surprise move to Brookvale from Gold Coast was well and truly being discussed.

Bird though had a heart-to-heart with Titans coach Neil Henry and club CEO Graham Annesley and any shift was quashed.

He will now see out the final two-years of his deal at Robina.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...smith-headquarters/14yni5o1rjkab1m56w1td1byq3
So basically he'll be signing with us ASAP

I'm happy if he's not coming. Get a young half and a young backrower.

Who's the best backrower in the 20s ATM?

I think someone else mentioned it but J Drinkwater has been playing well in reserves, can kick too. Wouldn't take much to bring him back, assuming he could adapt to 5/8.

You make it sound that if your 30 or over then your washed up,if that's the case then we need a whole new team ,then we should get rid of snake,Lyons mattai,ballin lawrance,etc,we do that where's the experience coming from,like I said youth combined with games experience then you have a well balanced side.

All the players you named there are past their prime by a long shot. Bird is a risk . We not trying to win it all now anyway so might as well develop the young ones. Plus we already have one new dirty player in Myles.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6