Should we get Hasler back?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Would you have Des back as Coach?

• Yes

Votes: 74 66.1%
  • No

Votes: 38 33.9%

• Total voters
Y' know,
I look at Cronulla. They MUST have a better roster than Penn's crew, because they are winning so much. but looking at the names nothing really stands out. Ennis is still a pr1ck and, a few years on, Barba wants to play again...Yet we have the greatest roster ever assembled chosen by the "Immortal" one. What's wrong with this picture?

Players WIN games...
Coaches LOSE 'em...
(Vince Lombardi)

Y' know,
I look at Cronulla. They MUST have a better roster than Penn's crew, because they are winning so much. but looking at the names nothing really stands out. Ennis is still a pr1ck and, a few years on, Barba wants to play again...Yet we have the greatest roster ever assembled chosen by the "Immortal" one. What's wrong with this picture?

Players WIN games...
Coaches LOSE 'em...
(Vince Lombardi)
The Sharks only had to do two things right to be a threat and they did. Get rid of that lead weight Jeff Robson and replace him with someone half decent..Townsend. Buy the best five eight available to stand next to him...Maloney (buy of the year IMO)....and your all set!
We need a Maloney.

Last edited:
I worked for a Company that hired a new CEO in the late 1980's. After three weeks the owner of the business recognised he had made an error of judgement and parted ways after just 3 weeks in the job. It cost the owner close to $100k to pay him out (A huge sum back then) but did it because he feared for the future of the business.

That CEO turned up as CEO of another Company in a similar industry. 2 years later that Company went under due to the incompetence of that CEO.

The moral of the story is that sometimes you make an error of judgement and to persevere when it is bloody obvious that you have made a mistake is way more stupid than cutting ties early.

He is a smart businessman mate ! Businessmen that can control the EGO are the most successfull !

The Sharks only had to do two things right to be a threat and they did. Get rid of that led weight Jeff Robson and replace him with someone half decent..Townsend. Buy the best five eight available to stand next to him...Maloney (buy of the year IMO)....and your all set!
We need a Maloney.

Can't believe we didn't try and sign him last year.

It was a no brainer for me, and I'd say we'd be a hell of a lot better off right now if we did.

Last edited:
He is a smart businessman mate ! Businessmen that can control the EGO are the most successfull !
The bloke is now retired. I speak to him from time to time and he always talks about gut instinct and how he should have listened to his gut instinct at the interview stage. He retained the services of a "professional" to undertake an assessment on the basis of science (Personality profiling) and references. In the end he is a retired millionaire because he wasn't bound by the conventional thinking of giving it time to work out.

If I were the dogs I wouldn't be too hasty with Des. He is a phenomenal Coach. Let's see how he goes this season. They will be top 8 if not top 4 imo.

Is it too far fetched to suggest, that if we have a catastrophic season, Bozo & Penn would consider a new coach????
After this weekend we will be 4-7 which means we will need to win 9 from the remaining 13 games, or a win percentage of 69%. We will need to get to 30 points to make the top 8 because our for and against is so bad. I just don't see where those wins are going to come from.

The season is already on life support.

Last edited:
I can't imagine Hasler would return if Fulton was retained as overseer.

No, let me be more blunt: Hasler would say it's his way or no way and Bozo can flock off.

Longstanding friendship notwithstanding.

The Sharks only had to do two things right to be a threat and they did. Get rid of that lead weight Jeff Robson and replace him with someone half decent..Townsend. Buy the best five eight available to stand next to him...Maloney (buy of the year IMO)....and your all set!
We need a Maloney.
I still don't understand why we didn't go after him last year, Walker is no 5/8 and no amount of time is going to change that, imo he's no better now than in round one.

After this weekend we will be 4-7 which means we will need to win 9 from the remaining 13 games, or a win percentage of 69%. We will need to get to 30 points to make the top 8 because our for and against is so bad. I just don't see where those wins are going to come from.

The season is already on life support.
I agree with this. Our season is almost over. All these losses keep mounting up. Barrett doesn't seem stressed enough about it for mine.

Tbh we have been woeful in quite a few games this year and it seems the club and TB are just making excuses.

I worked for a Company that hired a new CEO in the late 1980's. After three weeks the owner of the business recognised he had made an error of judgement and parted ways after just 3 weeks in the job. It cost the owner close to $100k to pay him out (A huge sum back then) but did it because he feared for the future of the business.

That CEO turned up as CEO of another Company in a similar industry. 2 years later that Company went under due to the incompetence of that CEO.

The moral of the story is that sometimes you make an error of judgement and to persevere when it is bloody obvious that you have made a mistake is way more stupid than cutting ties early.

Wise and instinctive person, thank you for sharing this, quite relevant.

I wonder if one of these threads ever appeared on the bronco's site? Bloody Bennett. He's a funny prick! Imagine having Ben Ikin as a son in law. You know what I would have done if I were Wayne when he was at the dragons? Every time Ben turned up for a lunch or dinner, I'd have made him wear a striped dragons polo shirt, then made constant 'Where's Wally?" dad jokes.

Just on Ben...why does he always reach out and tap Paul Kent's elbow before he says something on their show? And why doesn't Kent move his elbow away???? Something a little odd there. lol

Where the hell am I?? Oh..yeah, here I am. I'm going to saaaaaaaaayyy.....mmmmm, no! I don't want Des here.

I still don't understand why we didn't go after him last year, Walker is no 5/8 and no amount of time is going to change that, imo he's no better now than in round one.

He's slightly better, his kicking has improved - it's gone from awful to ordinary!

I think Ha$ler has burnt his bridges, but if it means he ****s Zorba off on his return then a big YES from me.

Otherwise , hard to forgive what he did !!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6