Should we get Hasler back?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Would you have Des back as Coach?

• Yes

Votes: 74 66.1%
  • No

Votes: 38 33.9%

• Total voters
We are ****ing screwed with this mob running the show.
How bad has the recruitment turned out
Fulton a dinosaur, he continues make idiotic decisions.
The coach is not getting the players to respond, facts are on paper thus is not a rebuild squad simply put I never seen attack look so pedestrian since northern eagles days
They continue to throw walker at 6 when he is not one. I really cannot see why des would want to walk into this mess

Toovey, or nothing!
I'll just have to put up
With the Colgate ad boy and his cattle roping sidekick hoss beating what's left out of the once proud Manly machine.

No thanks.

Will never forget how he dogged the club.

Behind the back scheming with Greenturd (of all people), poaching coaching staff and trying it with players.

Even wanted to sue Manly until the club produced e-mails the idiot sent to Greenturd on his work email address.

Des is all about Des.

I wouldn't like to see Hasler back. He didn't just burn his bridges when he left, he blew them up. The Penn's would have to be desperate to allow him to return but if this season doesn't improve soon, it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

However, they need to rebuild the culture & that means sticking with Barrett. That's not to say he doesn't need to change some things. The coaching staff with Cartwright & Seibold have enough experience to help Barrett work out what needs to be done.

Dropping Barett after 10 games? Are you guys serious? You know the guy you all want to replace him with had a pretty average first coaching year as well. Give him at least a season and a half before you start calling for his head.
Nothings improving... Why suffer another year when we all have a pretty good idea of whats wrong & besides, its a results driven business...

Nothings improving... Why suffer another year when we all have a pretty good idea of whats wrong & besides, its a results driven business...

Nothing improved under Hasler for the first year either. Coaching isn't an instant thing. You don't go to a new side and instantly have everyone doing exactly what you want. It takes time. It takes time for players to familiarize themselves with a gameplan, takes time for a coach to familiarize himself with players and takes time to perfect new combinations.

You need to give coaches, especially new ones, some time. Jumping the gun and firing a coach after 10 games is silly.

Nothing improved under Hasler for the first year either. Coaching isn't an instant thing. You don't go to a new side and instantly have everyone doing exactly what you want. It takes time. It takes time for players to familiarize themselves with a gameplan, takes time for a coach to familiarize himself with players and takes time to perfect new combinations.

You need to give coaches, especially new ones, some time. Jumping the gun and firing a coach after 10 games is silly.
So, by you reckoning we should sit around & be bottom feeders for two years before being proactive & fixing the problem. The problem is lack of direction & no game plan or inability to put the said plan into practice. Me myself would prefer to fix the problem now rather than wait 2 years. Blind Freddy can see we're rudderless.

So, by you reckoning we should sit around & be bottom feeders for two years before being proactive & fixing the problem. The problem is lack of direction & no game plan or inability to put the said plan into practice. Me myself would prefer to fix the problem now rather than wait 2 years. Blind Freddy can see we're rudderless.

'We're rudderless because of the coaching changes. I know what to do, let's re-arranged out coaching structure again, and again and again until we are fixed.'

That's ridiculous, 10 weeks is not enough time for a new coach to sort everything out, and anyone who think otherwise is just wrong.

'We're rudderless because of the coaching changes. I know what to do, let's re-arranged out coaching structure again, and again and again until we are fixed.'

That's ridiculous, 10 weeks is not enough time for a new coach to sort everything out, and anyone who think otherwise is just wrong.
No you are wrong mate this is a business now. If you don't deliver & deliver promptly then you have to go. He's fired plenty & hired plenty now he has to deliver or face the same fate.

Just thinking Toovey was told he was going In July last year & Barrett was named as his replacement. So he's had the best part of a year & a full preseason. He would have been set some KPI's & unless the targets were stupidly low we know he's not meeting them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4