Should Mat Johns be stood down from the footy show?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When he gets off, I'm certain he won't be appearing on the footie show.  I've noticed Choc hasn't been on this year.  From what's known of the Stewart incident, he was drunk.  John's was not.  And don't incert an etc into this.  The girl and Johns have stated that she went back to the room with himself and Firman.  Not etc...The etc came later without her knowledge.  Johns however......

Yes, but the Footy Show is Matt John's JOB.

Playing for Manly is Stewarts JOB.

You are saying that John's should lose his JOB, but Stewart should keep his JOB.

Both are Job's in the public eye, both are jobs that require third part payment to survive (advertising and sponsorship respectively)

Sure, that's what I'm saying.  Johns should go and Brett should stay.  What's your problem?  To play football one doesn't need to be a 'cleanskin', unless one wants to play in England.

To front a TV show? Evidently the owners of the station require that.  Funny isn't it.  Who cares about Johns?  I certainly don't.  I'd like to pork his wife though.  

Regardless of the rights and wrongs and/or legality of this situation, what fascinates me is the very public way it has been conducted and the role of the internet in the destruction of Johns.

What has happened over the past week (yes a week ago none of us were any the wiser) would not have been possible just a few years ago in all likelyhood.  You could almost write a thesis on it.  

Dan link said:
Im not trying to have a go at brett but surely you guys can see the hypocrisy. Like it or not Adultery is common place and not really that big-a-deal

So your better half would think that it was not a big deal if you were rooting 19 year old girls every night?    

CliffyIsGod link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=180326.msg222774#msg222774 date=1242281378]
Imagine it's your sister or daughter Cliffy.  Mathew John's wife is very attractive so just why the idiot would want to go spoil that just points to where his intelligence is.  It's all in his dick.  

Pity you don't keep your views similar to Stewarts situation. If he gets off, do you want him sacked for thinking with his dick?

[/quote]

Brett was not thinking with his dick?  John's admitted what he did but Brett hasn't and won't because nothing happened.  John's admitted he committed adultery albiet consensual. 

John's and Brett's situations are competetly different.  John's is a media personality and that it his living.  If you are in the media and you **** up then you will be crucified by the media as well.  that is part and parcel of the industry.

Brett has never wanted the media spotlight and was never asked to be the face of the NRL.  It was decided by Gallop and the board.

DSM5 link said:
 I'd like to pork his wife though.  

Get a dozen of your mates to climb in through the windows and join in.  Be sure to egg them on so they don't feel left out.

It's the new version of Soggy Sao and noone would mind, surely?

tookey link said:
[quote author=CliffyIsGod link=topic=180326.msg222775#msg222775 date=1242281669]
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=180326.msg222774#msg222774 date=1242281378]
Imagine it's your sister or daughter Cliffy.  Mathew John's wife is very attractive so just why the idiot would want to go spoil that just points to where his intelligence is.  It's all in his dick.  

Pity you don't keep your views similar to Stewarts situation. If he gets off, do you want him sacked for thinking with his dick?

[/quote]

Who said that Brett was thinking with his dick?  John's admitted he did but Brett hasn't and won't because nothing happened.
[/quote]

He's just a child Tooks, his attention span isn't long enough to process that complexity. 

That's what happens when you stick your big head on the Tele.  You're a PERSONALITY and therefore, NEWSWORTHY.  How long do you think the wife will stick around now that Matty's joining the dole Q?  This will take a hit on the bottom line in that household.  Poor things.  

DSM5 link said:
That's what happens when you stick your big head on the Tele.  You're a PERSONALITY and therefore, NEWSWORTHY.  How long do you think the wife will stick around now that Matty's joining the dole Q?  This will take a hit on the bottom line in that household.  Poor things.  

Gee John's will now have to get a real job like the rest of us peasants.  I fell real sorry for him.

Vautin worked in the Commonwealth bank when he first came to Sydney and if he didn't get the gig doing the footy show when he finaihsed footy he would be picking up glasses in a pub for a living because he is no rhodes scholar.

DSM5 link said:
Sure, that's what I'm saying.  Johns should go and Brett should stay.  What's your problem?  To play football one doesn't need to be a 'cleanskin', unless one wants to play in England.

To front a TV show? Evidently the owners of the station require that.  Funny isn't it.  Who cares about Johns?  I certainly don't.  I'd like to pork his wife though.  

He was just a footballer when this happened.

And what about say Andrew Okeife

tookey link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180326.msg222769#msg222769 date=1242278815]
Im not trying to have a go at brett but surely you guys can see the hypocrisy. Like it or not Adultery is common place and not really that big-a-deal

So your better half would think that it was not a big deal if you were rooting 19 year old girls every night?    
[/quote]

And what you are saying is that no other personality on television has ever committed adultery?

That's a pretty big call.

Isn't Matthew Newton still on television, after his assault on Brooke Satchwell.

Surely you can not pull the morality card in all this.

His wife and him have obviously dealt with all of this privately and together, she has forgiven him, the police say there is nothing to answer for yet he loses all he has and puts his families well being and security in danger because of a mistake when he was a kid.

Surely you went away with a football team when you were youner, hell even at school, and you can not tell me that you didnt get up to no good, no matter what that may have been

Who the hell's Andrew Okeife?  Adultery?  Jezzus Dan, get a grip.  Is that all it was.  If the station want to give him the boot, then he can go and get a proper job if that's the problem.  He's a cock on the footie show, he isn't funny and is a knob to boot.  Why are you defending this idiot?  It's not like he ever played for Manly.  I'd like to commit adultery with his wife, and you can come and squeeze through the window and tug off while I do her Dan, along with the footie team.  I'm sure Matty won't mind.  Maybe his wife might, but don't let that get in the way of friendship. 

DSM5 link said:
Who the hell's Andrew Okeife?   Adultery?  Jezzus Dan, get a grip.  Is that all it was.  

i'm responding to others champ dont point your bow at me

I'm sick of the whole sex scandal business. I just want players to keep it in their pants and I want Manly back at the top of the ladder. The whole media frenzy has really screwed (for want of a better word) with footy this year.
I just hope that something good will result from all this, for the men/boys and girls/women that just love a game of footy and are passionate about their team.

if it was a team of brett stewy's lining up you may change your mind based on your prevoius posts

If this is now the benchmark for which we measure television personalities. I would say there are some very nervous people sitting around right now in my opinion.

Really all it takes now is for any girl to claim anything really

I think that a juicy sex scandal is great for the game Nicci.  Look at the heat it's generated on this site.  People are talking about the League, it's in the news and that's gotta be good for the game.  Rugby League has thrived on scandal.  It's the working man's game and it should remain down there in the mire and ordinariness and squalor where we all spend our time.  Those who wish to clean it up, sanitize it, pull it out of the trough are delusional and just plain wrong.  Look at the roots of the sport.  It's tough, sleazy, hard, sexual, passionate, yet spiritual, skillful and artistic.  Crowds won't be down because of the speed bump that was Mathew Johns.  All this adds colour to our dour lives, and we all love it, and are drawn to it, like moths to a light...Events like this just add glitter, to the days of our lives.            

You have said some stupid things in your time DSM, but

"I think that a juicy sex scandal is great for the game Nicci"

would just about have to top all of them

Great to have you back on site Kiwi.  I thought Rex had driven that stake through your heart.  Not so?  Good.  You forgot to mention why a 'juicy sex scandal' is not good for the game though. 

It is so obvious it doesn't have to be stated DSM

No, the loss at Indoor Cricket tonight has driven the stake through my heart mate

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6