Should Mat Johns be stood down from the footy show?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
**** will float if you eat alot of fat (be careful what you wish for...)

It was perfectly apparent what rex's position was to me.

I submit that it's obvious that:
the group sex culture in league is frequently ugly and degrading
it has considerable potential to result in sexual assault, even if it is not proven in court
and that this last point is a strong demotivator for women to go to the police

while sexual behavour based on macho ****head attitudes to women is a bigger problem than rugby league, 'society is to blame' is a piss poor excuse for individual acts.

and in case u missed it, I already said that yes of course there are women who are groupies, and would be willing participants in a group sex encounter. The police and juridical processes would more than likely catch any vexatious accusations. the point is that not all women should be assumed to be groupies ready for anything (pretty effin obvious I would have thought).

If you're healthy Rex, it should float.  It depends on diet.   **** that sinks should be viewed with some alarm.  Everyone should observe their **** often.  Whether it sinks or swims is a predictor of your physical health.  Your posts are an indicator of your mental health.  They should be of concern to you.  Way to much mental wanking.   

DSM5 link said:
If you're healthy Rex, it should float.  It depends on diet.   S**t that sinks should be viewed with some alarm.  Everyone should observe their S**t often.  Whether it sinks or swims is a predictor of your physical health.  Your posts are an indicator of your mental health.  They should be of concern to you.  Way to much mental wanking.   
OK You've proven your point DSM.  You DO know S**t. :)

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Surely this thread has now reached rock bottom
Don't give up SER, with DSM's increasing focus this thread may reach depths previously unheard of.

Rex link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=180326.msg223801#msg223801 date=1242820523]
Surely this thread has now reached rock bottom
Don't give up SER, with DSM's increasing focus this thread may reach depths previously unheard of.
[/quote]
I'll never give up  :)

Girls don't know how to say 'no': study

A 'significant proportion' of the study's interviewees regretted their first sexual experience.

After a week of public outrage over the latest NRL sex scandal, a paediatrician has criticised sex education classes for failing to give teenage girls the skills to say "no".

Adolescent physician Dr Rachel Skinner from Sydney University interviewed groups of girls aged between 14 and 19 about their first sexual experiences.

She found that while the girls were well informed on topics like pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases, their education did not adequately prepare them to cope with sexual relationships and negotiation skills.

"It was clear that these young people knew about the risks of unprotected sex. That was not the issue," Dr Skinner said.

"The issue is more about the pressures within their peer group. The pressures from their partner, their male partner.

"There's a big pressure for those teenagers who want to keep their partner that they may have to have sex to do that.

"Also in the context of going to parties and being drunk or getting high, any sort of personal control that they may have over the situation is significantly reduced."

Dr Skinner says her research found a "significant proportion" of the girls interviewed regretted their first sexual encounter.

"That tended to be the younger ones who were not ready for the experience," she said.

"They are getting younger. That was one of the reasons why we wished to conduct this research, because we're concerned about the decreasing age of first sexual experience, the increasing number of partners that young people have, and the risk that's associated with that to their emotional and physical well-being.

"Many teenagers described being in a peer group where they perceived that all of their friends had been sexually active, and that they needed to do it to fit in, to have something to talk about."

Negotiation skills

Dr Skinner says some sex education programs do incorporate negotiation skills, but it is certainly not the case for all programs.

"Schools don't often allocate enough time, nor do they necessarily take the best programs," Dr Skinner said.

"How to negotiate with a partner about having sex at the time that they feel ready for it and also just understanding that becoming sexually active is not necessarily all that it's cracked up to be."

Dr Skinner says there are clear parallels between her findings and the issue of consent and power imbalances highlighted by the recent NRL sex scandal.

"This is a much younger group - we're talking about teenagers from the age of 14 up to 19, so some of the older ones are similar age - but it's obvious that many of the teenagers, girls, were not able to make their own decision," she said.

"They weren't actively making... following what they wanted to do. They were being influenced from outside, and they regretted their decisions afterwards.

"So we really need to work out what we can do to help improve the assertiveness and self-efficacy of young people... of young girls in particular.

"Many of the teenagers said how sex education was something that was too little and too late in their schooling years."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/05/19/2575053.htm

It only took a week for the Footy show to start air brushing the philandering lecher in preparation for a return by the finals. 

I just can't imagine where Matty Johns would fit in on any footie show.  His boofhead RR act is down the toilet.  His smarmy comments from the sidelines are out and his credibility is shot.  Surely there's only on John's 'boy' who can be 'resurrected' in a lifetime.  I would think the footie show won't survive into next season.  Maybe in a new format, no jokesters, no Fatty or boofheads and include a couple of women.  Surely then all the stupid behaviour will be dead and sensible discussions can take place, players interviewed, mixed in with a few professional comedy acts to interest the casual viewer.     

The thing that always gives me a laugh is that the people who "hate the show, haven't watched it in years, it is rubbish" always seem to know what is happening on the show

Kiwi Eagle link said:
The thing that always gives me a laugh is that the people who \"hate the show, haven't watched it in years, it is rubbish\" always seem to know what is happening on the show

Closet watchers

It keeps getting better for Reg

Matthew Johns accuse of making anti-gay Footy Show skit

The Courier-Mail
May 28, 2009 09:15am

CHANNEL 9 and The Footy Show are staring down the barrel of legal action after a gay activist claimed a skit was "a very clear-cut case of anti-gay vilification".

The skit, which aired on May 7, saw Matthew Johns, currently on suspension from the show after a group sex scandal, play his and brother Andrew's fictional sibling "Elton Johns".

In the skit, "Elton" is taken to hospital for being gay, with Andrew saying "I'm so ashamed of him".

Gay activist Gary Burns – who bizarrely has the same name as The Footy Show's executive producer – told Sydney magazine SX he had lodged a complaint with the NSW Anti-Discrimination Board, The Courier-Mail reports.

Ian Roberts, the NRL's highest-profile gay former player, came out swinging in support of the action.

He told SX he was "over the moon" about the complaint before declaring The Footy Show personalities "absolute f**king morons".

"It's about time someone did this," Roberts said.

"Those blokes at The Footy Show – and you can quote me on this – are absolute f**king morons, and more power to Gary Burns for taking them to court.

"I will back him to the hilt on this 100 per cent. People like the Johns brothers need to be held accountable for their actions and their effect on others."

A Nine spokeswoman had no comment.

Johns was stood down earlier this year from all on-air roles at Nine over his role in a group sex scandal in New Zealand seven years ago while playing for NRL team Cronulla.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,28383,25550024-10229,00.html

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4