1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should Mat Johns be stood down from the footy show?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by DailyTerrorgraphHater, May 8, 2009.

1. DailyTerrorgraphHater

DailyTerrorgraphHater Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not that I personally think he should, but come on fellas consistency is the key here...

Footy show called for Stewies blood on the basis of unsubstaniated allegations  that are still before the court... 

True Johns was already investigated ... but it still reaks of double standards.

On a milder note: Did anyone see the pictionary segment on the footy show tonight? Samut trying to draw china.... funny as.

2. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    farken hypocrites. Fatty 'Stewart is a moron'

Fatty last night.. 'so what happened mate'

fark off.

3. QldEagle01

QldEagle01 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    "vote withthe remote" why watch the ****

4. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    Fair point DT,

The NRL's "being refused service of alcohol" excuse for the suspension was a thinly veiled smokescreen to protect their asses from being found out and sued.

For the Footy show or others to distinguish between Matty Johns and Stewart, laughing off one and condemning the other, would be to treat the police as judges. The two roles are separated for very good reasons.

5. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    People in glass houses should not throw stones.  Matty Johns must think his Ch9 spin expert environment is made from perspex.

On a similar note, did anyone else get the email direct from the NRL yesterday promoting Bundy Rum?  

6. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    He is the face of the NRL membership drive - a high profile identity. He should be suspended for 4 weeks for bringing the game into disrepute with the NRL reviewing the decision based on further facts coming to light. ;)

7. ConcernedSupporter

ConcernedSupporter Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    He has brought the game into disrepute and therefore should face consequences.

8. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I detest the Johns boys.  They both are protected species.  Joey the drug taker, Mathew the participant or vouyer in a sex 'romp', take your pick.  On the front page of the Tele, I wonder how much he paid for the teeth whitener?  fatty Vautin, you're a dog.  Can't believe I ever thought of him as a Manly great.  

9. weev

weev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +684 / 17
    Hang on, what's his crime... consensual sex?

And some 7 years ago.

People wanting him punished probably don't too much consensual action themselves, lately.

Come on people, lighten up. He had sex.

Gruesome to imagine - granted -  but far from illegal.

10. Daring Eagle

Daring Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is just poor journalism trying to play on the fact that the NRL has a problem with certain players. What next they report the Bulldogs scandal????

11. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    and stewy was refused bar service, is that such a crime?

If it is then what about people who get refused whilst stone cold sober? What is their crime?

12. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    His Mr Family Man status has taken a big hit.  Dog.

13. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    He should continue to do what he has been doing for the last 7 years, get on with his life as he see's fit. He has done nothing legally wrong, maybe morally though.

As for consistency, that is a different matter. Although handing out retrospective suspensions now would be just as stupid as the reason Stewart got suspended

This all happened where I live actually. It was briefly reported at the time for a few days, but police found nothing to continue an investigation with

Personally, I wouldn't be rooting anybody from that particular area, but each to their own

14. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I just want to know how come those teeth are so white.

15. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    It gives Reg Reagan a sinister new edge.

16. DVS Matt

DVS Matt Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    who cares?

he admitted to the orgy.....nobodt was charged....move on. I can just imagine what people here wous say if he was a manly player

17. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +547 / 9
    I don't think anyone here really does care. The point is that if it was a Manly player, the media would be baying for blood.
    If we don't make a big deal out of it, nobody will. And that's ok if we were treated the same.

18. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    I'm sick of all these allegations, can we just get on with the footy and stop trashing our game. News Ltd does a good enough job of that already. ;D

19. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OEE Spot on about News Ltd

20. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    no sign of him in the test match coverage

only problem we have Ben ****ing Ikin to listen too