Should I buy a dog?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ive ben using that as an argument with my wife and kids for about a year

153603564_7281ad0588.jpg

someone had to post it!

Anyway I don't wanna sound too preachy. Many rescue dogs are old. They need a home but I don't know how I'd cope with only having a pet 'for a few years.' It'd be too sad.

However...I remain preachy on pets from pet shops (ala puppy mills.) Those mills should be outlawed and the owners put down and their family tree removed.

Assuming you will lose your argument and be getting a dog; who gets to name said dog?

153603564_7281ad0588.jpg

someone had to post it!

Anyway I don't wanna sound too preachy. Many rescue dogs are old. They need a home but I don't know how I'd cope with only having a pet 'for a few years.' It'd be too sad.

However...I remain preachy on pets from pet shops (ala puppy mills.) Those mills should be outlawed and the owners put down and their family tree removed.

Assuming you will lose your argument and be getting a dog; who gets to name said dog?

I was ambushed tonight whilst bathing the kids with a fresh round of "daaaaaaad, have you made a choice yet" and nagging about a dog! Just what I needed after 14 hours of reading and writing documents and presenting ****.

So we have settled on the following outcome.

I will write an RFP for them. With requirements and governance.
They will have to fulfill the requirements and then do a presentation to me on their proposal including PowerPoint, demonstration and flip charts (I've enlisted a friend to borrow her dogs for the demo)

My wife is hesitant but I told her if she wants a dog she will answer my RFP and also gain an understanding of what I do so often in my job.

I'm going to probably make this a public affair where I publish my RFP and their proposal and my rubric and offer the decision to others to help me score it

• 😆
Reactions: lsz
Also told them they could get a Bolognese of i could call it spaghetti or spag.

They said no. It told them it's their loss

I was ambushed tonight whilst bathing the kids with a fresh round of "daaaaaaad, have you made a choice yet" and nagging about a dog! Just what I needed after 14 hours of reading and writing documents and presenting ****.

So we have settled on the following outcome.

I will write an RFP for them. With requirements and governance.
They will have to fulfill the requirements and then do a presentation to me on their proposal including PowerPoint, demonstration and flip charts (I've enlisted a friend to borrow her dogs for the demo)

My wife is hesitant but I told her if she wants a dog she will answer my RFP and also gain an understanding of what I do so often in my job.

I'm going to probably make this a public affair where I publish my RFP and their proposal and my rubric and offer the decision to others to help me score it

My goodness! It's all fun in the Dan household! lol

I wish to go on the record here.....that if you get a dog, either you or your better half will be the primary caretakers. They're kids! They will soon argue and whine about having to feed/wash/walk or anything that's seen 'chore like.' It's what kids do. You sound like the engaged man claiming that'll they'll be the one to do things differently to all the other married guys. hahaha cough #Ifailedtoo

But, animals need love too so I whole heartedly wish you all the very best in your endeavour. :)

I thin the results need to be published on ST and a poll run so we can all decide if they get the dog, and you should name it tipping comp.

I thin the results need to be published on ST and a poll run so we can all decide if they get the dog, and you should name it tipping comp.
One requirement on my list is naming rights. I want beaver or brookie as early name possibilities

Though when I was cornered tonight I said if I could name it"Gertrude" we may have a deal.

No deal was struck... I win this round

My goodness! It's all fun in the Dan household! lol

I wish to go on the record here.....that if you get a dog, either you or your better half will be the primary caretakers. They're kids! They will soon argue and whine about having to feed/wash/walk or anything that's seen 'chore like.' It's what kids do. You sound like the engaged man claiming that'll they'll be the one to do things differently to all the other married guys. hahaha cough #Ifailedtoo

But, animals need love too so I whole heartedly wish you all the very best in your endeavour. :)

In al fairness I pitched it to my wife that if she really wants and needs a dog then she is willing to go through the long thought out process of planning and responding to one.

My requirements will be built around her thinking about scenarios of us and me being away, training, maintenance and I want evidence. May even make her do a BVP tender

Did you get a dog??
I got a labradoodle and he's one of the best mates I've had. My 3 year old daughter loves him and he is great with her. he's getting old(12) and has heart problems but still acts like a puppy around children. Good for allergies(wife has allergies to dog hair).

Did you get a dog??
I got a labradoodle and he's one of the best mates I've had. My 3 year old daughter loves him and he is great with her. he's getting old(12) and has heart problems but still acts like a puppy around children. Good for allergies(wife has allergies to dog hair).

Not yet I said if we get it it will be after xmas as we are likely coming home for a few weeks and I don't want to house a young puppy for that length of time without us.

My wife and daughter are absolutely set on a French bulldog.

We are looking at buying a place here in the coming months so that may hold us back a bit more until I finish the renovations of the bathrooms etc and then i should be good.

I don't mind frenchies at least they don't bark much

Not yet I said if we get it it will be after xmas as we are likely coming home for a few weeks and I don't want to house a young puppy for that length of time without us.

My wife and daughter are absolutely set on a French bulldog.

We are looking at buying a place here in the coming months so that may hold us back a bit more until I finish the renovations of the bathrooms etc and then i should be good.

I don't mind frenchies at least they don't bark much

Hard buying a dog over there if u don't know how long you'll be there.(buying house is pretty permanent but)
All I know is a labradoodle will be great for allergies, is perfect for a young family, and will be the best breed you'll ever get. Just get one u know will be medium sized. They take after your families personality too!

Hard buying a dog over there if u don't know how long you'll be there.(buying house is pretty permanent but)
All I know is a labradoodle will be great for allergies, is perfect for a young family, and will be the best breed you'll ever get. Just get one u know will be medium sized. They take after your families personality too!

Disagree. Border Collie-Kelpies are the way to go. Very loyal and affectionate and dont bite (except car tyres because they are basically sheep dogs). I was raised with two such dogs one following the other. As a child under three I wandered a lot and at times had police out looking for me (lived near bushes and creeks). The only way they found me was calling the dog, because it stayed by my side throughout.

Growing up I had a border collie... Fantastic dog!!!! Died from a tick?, I was 10 I think. All I know is I got a labradoodle in 2006 and he had been one of the best friends Ive ever had. He loved my parents unconditionally(until they both passed away)he loved my family, my 3 year old daughter, he was great for my wife(allergies), he was a medium sized breed. Everytime he see someone new he wags his tail and acts like a puppy. He has bad heart probs at the age of 12 but has great spirit and genuine love. Maybe I'm being nostalgic but a medium sized labradoodle is the best!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4