should des drop t, hodkinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ryan link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=183637.msg269080#msg269080 date=1277380807]
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=183637.msg269039#msg269039 date=1277374026]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183637.msg267915#msg267915 date=1277004869]
Honestly, I rate DCE as highly (if not less) than Chris Bailey...we are going to struggle in the 1/2's for a few years to come imo.
Bit harsh. He hasn't even had a crack yet mate.
[/quote]

My mate, Ryan seems to talk before he thinks  :)

[/quote]

I've dead set got probably 6-10 DVD's of Cherry-Evans games including QLD Cup, and NYC. In most of those games, he was man handled by the opposition (and I'm sometimes talking about 17 year old kids in NYC).

Now, the prospect of Sam Burgess running head long into our Cherry, is a troublesome thought to be honest here.

Ever heard of a spot defender? We are going to have ourselves one of those all packaged in a NEW bundle, and without 1st grade experience next year.

That being said, he DOES have some pluses. What are they?

+ He has experience, and has played roles with Foran in the past. That is IF Foran puts pen to paper.
+ He seems to have more time, or make more time for himself than Hodkinson does.
+ He actually runs the ball, and at holes as upposed to Hodko, who like to shimmy, and be more creative.

Nope, I'd say I have a fair idea of how CHerry plays.
[/quote]Still he somehow managed to lead an U20's side to first on the ladder and getting selected as captain to play in the QLD residents side. He also has the rest of this year and the off-season to bulk abit more and improve his defence.

Garts link said:
If DCE ends being terrible and not NRL quality we shift Foran to half, Lyon to 5/8 with Matai and Whare in the centres.  Not the end of the world.  Providing we re-sign Matai that is. 
.. garts why do we have to wait till next year to find out if he will make it or not.. get him out there now so we dont hinder our chances next year..  its no use keeping him in qld cup this year then saying  ..  next year if he turns out be a dud we shift this player here that 1 there  & blah blah..  which in turn destabilises  the whole team again..  we have already had 2 yrs of destabilisations , lets just get our shIIt together for once..

jjai - I know you're frustrated but we get your position now. You don't have to restate it in every thread.

jjai link said:
[quote author=Garts link=topic=183637.msg269192#msg269192 date=1277428802]
If DCE ends being terrible and not NRL quality we shift Foran to half, Lyon to 5/8 with Matai and Whare in the centres.  Not the end of the world.  Providing we re-sign Matai that is. 
.. garts why do we have to wait till next year to find out if he will make it or not.. get him out there now so we dont hinder our chances next year..  its no use keeping him in qld cup this year then saying  ..  next year if he turns out be a dud we shift this player here that 1 there  & blah blah..  which in turn destabilises  the whole team again..  we have already had 2 yrs of destabilisations , lets just get our shIIt together for once..
[/quote]

I am not against him having a run this year.  All I think is we should not drop TH just because he has signed for the dogs.  If Des thinks his form warrants beng dropped or DCE is too good to leave in the Qld cup bring him in. 

Rex link said:
When that traitor Beaver turned his back on his teammates and decided to move to England instead, he should have been dumped to reserves.  Who cares if it cost us the premiership, we could have all had that good Manly feeling watching them lose.

All facetiousness aside, Beaver gave many years of service to Manly.

TH hasn't even played a season before dumping us. I'd look to replace him as soon as possible, and as soon as his form slips further, if we have any other options they should be considered.

It not so simple as playing the best team, its a lot to do with team spirit and Hodgo might be a blight on the morale in the team. After all he has a career windfall after little exposure.

Its like the new guy in the office is made your manager when he has only shown some potential, while you have put in the hard yards.

The fact he is still unproven and already a near-marque player salary is really weird - the Dogs must be desperate.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6