should des drop t, hodkinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fro link said:
you are right Ryan. Roberts will be their 6 and TH the 7.

Barba will be the bench man

yeah for about 2 games..  once trent realises what a strong forward pack he has left .. & what  a turnstile one he has arrived at  , he is going to have his work cut out for him.. thats why i  give him 2 games .. lil fool doesnt know what he is leaving yet..  but he will learn.. have plenty of time to think about it in nsw cup .. ::)

bob dylan link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=183637.msg268182#msg268182 date=1277101257]
Back on the Hodkinson issue.  I've looked at the game three times, (don't comment please) and apart from the drop goals, I don't think he really doesn't offer 300000 dollars worth.  I'd want team control, better kicks, repeat sets and on-field direction for that money.  I don't think he should be 'dropped, but play him until the end of the season.  That's what we're currently paying him for.   

I agree but at this stage he has only a dozen or so first grade games.

I wonder what Ben Barber thinks over at the Dogs.
[/quote]..
well thats a dozen game experiences & counting he is taking to the dogs..

Barba has been picked at starting 5/8 this weekend. He is keen to play there.

There is no way the Dogs are going to pay top coin to hold Hodko, Barba (the next big thing), Roberts and Kimmorley. One if not two will have to go - they take up too much salary cap. It would also sow the seeds of discontent in a club, though they should be used to that already!!!

Roberts looked good in bursts last year, mainly when the rest of the team was firing. He has some good moments but consistency is his problem, he has been pretty ordinary this year injuries aside.

A mate of mine who is a Doggies fan reckons Barba's preferred position is fullback, so make of that what you will.

Are we still paying him - play him in the forwards - let him take a walloping hey!

Teach him to sign else where.

:)

Ryan link said:
Honestly, I rate DCE as highly (if not less) than Chris Bailey...we are going to struggle in the 1/2's for a few years to come imo.
Bit harsh. He hasn't even had a crack yet mate.

WAMF link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183637.msg267915#msg267915 date=1277004869]
Honestly, I rate DCE as highly (if not less) than Chris Bailey...we are going to struggle in the 1/2's for a few years to come imo.
[/quote]

My mate, Ryan seems to talk before he thinks  :)

swoop link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=183637.msg269039#msg269039 date=1277374026]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183637.msg267915#msg267915 date=1277004869]
[/quote]

My mate, Ryan seems to talk before he thinks  :)

[/quote]

I've dead set got probably 6-10 DVD's of Cherry-Evans games including QLD Cup, and NYC. In most of those games, he was man handled by the opposition (and I'm sometimes talking about 17 year old kids in NYC).

Now, the prospect of Sam Burgess running head long into our Cherry, is a troublesome thought to be honest here.

Ever heard of a spot defender? We are going to have ourselves one of those all packaged in a NEW bundle, and without 1st grade experience next year.

That being said, he DOES have some pluses. What are they?

+ He has experience, and has played roles with Foran in the past. That is IF Foran puts pen to paper.
+ He seems to have more time, or make more time for himself than Hodkinson does.
+ He actually runs the ball, and at holes as upposed to Hodko, who like to shimmy, and be more creative.

Nope, I'd say I have a fair idea of how CHerry plays.

He's only young and if he can bulk up I sure the coaching staff will address his defence.

Ryan, you obviously don't like DCE and Hodkinson is gorn, and we're not purchasing Cronk.  Just who do you think should play 7 next season if not DCE?

Ryan fancies himself a tackle buster hahaha

Like Ryan, I have watched a fair bit of the QLD cup and I'm a little suspicious about DCE and his ability to stand up to the rigors of 1st grade, I guess time will tell. Just thinking if this is the direction we are going to take we will need someone new to fill his old position.
Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or opinions for an upcoming half with potential first grade ability ?

Folks, a halfback is a package of many different attacking and defensive skills. Only a very few have all of those skills and many 7's take a long time to develop even a good proportion of those skills.

From a very simplified view, Hodko was very reliable (for a young half) in defence but seems only average in attacking spark and ball playing (& leadership). His much touted kicking game is not particularly accurate (imo).

DCE, whom I watched for two years in NYC but haven't seen in Qcup, would be a liability in defence but will provide much more attacking spark. His kicking is strong (not sure about accuracy) and he kicked the most 40/20s (by far) in the NYC two years ago. Hopefully with some bulking up and use of someone riding shotgun for him if necessary he will provide an overall package that outweighs Hodko in a couple of years time.

If DCE ends being terrible and not NRL quality we shift Foran to half, Lyon to 5/8 with Matai and Whare in the centres.  Not the end of the world.  Providing we re-sign Matai that is. 

Excuse me sir, can I enjoy this season first and then start to speculate about 2011 in the off-season when it is so boring that we will need something footy related to occupy our time? This constant speculation is just that. Worry about now and those that are paid to run the footy team will sort this matter out. (or they will ring Ryan and ask him what he thinks!!! )

bulldogs brought hodko to partner hes best mate keating for 2011 and barba fullback,it was planned all along since city country game..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4