should des drop t, hodkinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
codewana link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=183637.msg268019#msg268019 date=1277078749]

haha Nice Chip....nice.

I wonder whether I should make some Silvertails shirts with \"5th\" on the back

Anyone feel like explaining the inside joke to the newbies (or Jr Members)?
[/quote]

5th is just Dan's normal annual prediction of where we will end up come season's end.

Dan link said:
haha Nice Chip....nice.

Wouldn't "Is there a God ?" be more appropriate on the back of the shirt.

Actually you could have that on the front and on the back you could have "Damn right there is, he wore number 11 and scored 180 tries" 

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=183637.msg268019#msg268019 date=1277078749]
haha Nice Chip....nice.

Wouldn't "Is there a God ?" be more appropriate on the back of the shirt.

Actually you could have that on the front and on the back you could have "Damn right there is, he wore number 11 and scored 180 tries" 
[/quote]..
IM SURE ITS 181..  lol

[/quote]

5th is just Dan's normal annual prediction of where we will end up come season's end.
[/quote]

and in 2009 it was a case of "He had to be right eventually"

Garts link said:
[quote author=jjai link=topic=183637.msg267846#msg267846 date=1276990601]
[quote author=Garts link=topic=183637.msg267801#msg267801 date=1276966401]
Yeah lets drop TH dick heads to prepare for next year.  Dead sh!ts!!!!
,,, aww garts :D i`ll be asking you next season when we playing a greenhorn half back who could have tasted nrl 1st grade experience this season .. wether we should have persisted with trent or looked towards our future not the bulldogs future..
[/quote]

I was hoping for a better reaction from a few posters.
[/quote]

I smote you! haha :p

jjai link said:
[quote author=Seaeagle63 link=topic=183637.msg268041#msg268041 date=1277083454]
I think it is a case of damned if we do and damned if we don't.

It also begs the question that the NRL should not allow clubs to poach players during the season make them wait until after the GF.  There will still be enough time to negotiate with other clubs during the off season.

Player negotiations during the season just disrupts the player concerned and the team as a whole.
agreed... 
[/quote]

Also agreed.. Though I feel that there's MANY things that need to be changed within the in NRL!!  ???

Back on the Hodkinson issue.  I've looked at the game three times, (don't comment please) and apart from the drop goals, I don't think he really doesn't offer 300000 dollars worth.  I'd want team control, better kicks, repeat sets and on-field direction for that money.  I don't think he should be 'dropped, but play him until the end of the season.  That's what we're currently paying him for.   

DSM5 link said:
Back on the Hodkinson issue.  I've looked at the game three times, (don't comment please) and apart from the drop goals, I don't think he really doesn't offer 300000 dollars worth.  I'd want team control, better kicks, repeat sets and on-field direction for that money.  I don't think he should be 'dropped, but play him until the end of the season.  That's what we're currently paying him for.   

I agree but at this stage he has only a dozen or so first grade games.

I wonder what Ben Barber thinks over at the Dogs.

It would be nice to leave all negotiations until the end of the year but it is unenforcable under the current regime. It might also amount to restraint of trade. There was some rule about a cut-off in the past but it has been removed.

It hurts fans, clubs and sponsors especially as their beloved player is suddenly announced as leaving.

You would need to have a draft or some such control to change it in any way and that isn't going to happen unless everyone in the game (including players and the bloodsucking managers) agrees to it.

tbh I don't mind the way signings are done now. Post Grand Final is a bit unworkable in reality, considering a lot of sides start their pre season training 2-3 weeks after the Grand Final and the top guys are away on rep duty

Tough ask to make a bloke make the decisions and in some cases move interstate or across country in the space of a few weeks

bob dylan link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=183637.msg268182#msg268182 date=1277101257]

I agree but at this stage he has only a dozen or so first grade games.

I wonder what Ben Barber thinks over at the Dogs.
[/quote]

I actually hope it ends up a total fizzer, and he warms the bench for countless minutes each game, with Roberts / Barba playing in the 1/2's most of the time...

They will dispense with Kimmorley!!! He will be a coach or leave for greener pastures!! You don't pay 800 k for someone to play reserve grade. Even Monaghan, when grossly overpaid by Manly, played in the ones despite Ballin and Orford being the club.

Roberts and Green aren't exactly setting the world on fire out there. I imagine TH will play half and Barba 5/8, which has where he has been used this year off the bench.

Chip & Chase link said:
Roberts and Green aren't exactly setting the world on fire out there. I imagine TH will play half and Barba 5/8, which has where he has been used this year off the bench.

What about Roberts mate? He is signed long term, and touted as the next big thing 5/8 wise. Where would you play him? People forget him, because he has been injured.....but he was consistently on the highlights reel when healthy.

Either Barba or Hodko will warm the bench...and from what I have seen, Barba has more creativity than Hodko...unless Barba is going to be used at ful;lback when Patten goes.....but apparently the Dogs are throwing the cheque book at Dugan.,

Roberts plays well one game in five - "consistent" is not a word I would associate with him. Barba is unlikely to have the ability to steer a team around the paddock. His value is more as an impact player - he's attack is similar to Preston C only not as good defensively which makes him a liability if on for 80 mins. I would feel very comfortable coming up against the dogs with TH and Roberts as the halves.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2