should des drop t, hodkinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So keep TH and hurt next year chances or drop him to allow the bloke to come in who was marginally behind him at the start of the year despite being smaller, younger and less experienced.

DCE is untested and needs to be tested soon that should be everyones opinion, so do it soon.

Everyone hear Voss, Gould, Geyer and co. getting into HOdko this morning? Basically suggesting he isn't worth what he is getting paid. Vozz even went as far as to say he believes Hodko touches the ball less than any other 1/2 back in the game !

The more this unfolds, the more I'm starting to be glad of what has happened.

Ryan link said:

What? You're not going to blame Lowe and co for not paying overs?lol

swoop link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183637.msg267964#msg267964 date=1277025335]

What? You're not going to blame Lowe and co for not paying overs?lol
[/quote]

MMmmm...I'm torn to be honest. I guess time will tell.

I think we are serious contenders this year. We smashed the Dragons 24-6 and even rolled  the storm. Anyone who wants to start thinking about next year is crazy.

I'll leave it up to Des (he who walks on water) Hasler to drop him,or keep him up.All I think is-those that think he's a hero for the 2 drop goals in the last 5 mins,should remember if he played and kicked better for the other 75 mins,we wouldn't have needed the 2 drop goals.Hero=no!ordinary player=yes!

Ryan link said:
Everyone hear Voss, Gould, Geyer and co. getting into HOdko this morning? Basically suggesting he isn't worth what he is getting paid. Vozz even went as far as to say he believes Hodko touches the ball less than any other 1/2 back in the game !

Maybe they've been reading this forum

Ryan, have you been watching DCE play to make the assertion that he's no better than Bailey?  We happen to be coming fourth with TH at half, and Bailey in the team.  Not too bad with a gang of forwards out of sorts and a backline disrupted.  I say, stick with TH until we slide to 12th. 

He loves it Dan, he named himself after your most famous statement

Dan Says Manly 5th = DSM5

Jethro link said:
EagleAngel1986, we are developing DCE by having him in the SCSE to get used to the pace of that comp and to play against men instead of boys.  He needs to see out their season (which the final round finishes August 29) to get the experience before stepping up again to a more harder and faster pace game in the NRL.

:-[ A CLASSIC Case of having to eat my own words!!

...I think I was a bit upset, that a month or 2 ago, he came out and said that he wanted to stay with us, to 'repay' us for giving him a shot & developing him.. and then he ended up walking out on us. If he was undecided- he shouldn't of said that. he got my hopes up!  :'( That & he hadn't been playing too brilliantly for us.. But if he wins us games & continues to play for us like he did on Sat night.. then i'm more than happy for him to stay- & like you said, continue to develop DCE in the SCSE!

I was also happy when TH said after the game that he just wanted to win us games & get us to another premiership.. Good attitude!!  :)

Sorry Berkeley, as soon as I hit the 'post' button, I knew I should have said 'if' we will make the finals and then go on from there.  DCE can learn the skills up in Qld and, like Hodkinson, start with the big boys after the GF. 

haha Nice Chip....nice.

I wonder whether I should make some Silvertails shirts with "5th" on the back

I think it is a case of damned if we do and damned if we don't.

It also begs the question that the NRL should not allow clubs to poach players during the season make them wait until after the GF.  There will still be enough time to negotiate with other clubs during the off season.

Player negotiations during the season just disrupts the player concerned and the team as a whole.

Seaeagle63 link said:
I think it is a case of damned if we do and damned if we don't.

It also begs the question that the NRL should not allow clubs to poach players during the season make them wait until after the GF.  There will still be enough time to negotiate with other clubs during the off season.

Player negotiations during the season just disrupts the player concerned and the team as a whole.
agreed... 

Dan link said:
haha Nice Chip....nice.

I wonder whether I should make some Silvertails shirts with \"5th\" on the back

Anyone feel like explaining the inside joke to the newbies (or Jr Members)?

There's no joke there code.  We just have some old pessimists on this site.  5th, 7th etc....forget them.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8