should des drop t, hodkinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Agree but he played like a 2nd rower for the other 75 min

We definitely need the best team on the park every week.
We are still in this comp and can definitely go with the best teams at full strength when push comes to shove. Why drop TH and start building before this year is done and dusted?

I think T Hodkinson should drop himself...dropkick that is.  He's going from this club to the Dogs...what was he thinking!

waiting.jpg

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Agree but he played like a 2nd rower for the other 75 min

Yeah, but it was the last 5 mins that counted. I admit his kicking game was awful but he was on his own out there.

except for his field goals he doesn't do much in attack, he ain't quick enough to beat a man, nor run thru a gap, everytime he gets the ball he passes it straight away. He missed a few tackles yesterday and couldn't get near Isaac Luke the hooker for 50 metres. Even Bulldogs fans on the kennel are unsure of him. Most think he doesn't stand out however they all think it's great he can kick winning field goals. Maybe Des got it right not offering 800k over 3 years. 

I haven't seen DCE play. jethro you see that comp a fair bit right? You think he needs to play the whole season out.

As CW and others suggest, the coaches ought to know.
And I agree picking a team to win games now is the no. 1 thing.

Having said that, if there was a hot prospect running around in a lower grade doing great things, I'd consider looking at them sooner than sept. (or go to Foran and Lyon in the halves when fitness allows).

TH has done well all in all, but he does seem to have a significant limitation: I think a really good half simply has to be able to make a break in a game and score a try themselves from time to time. Adds to their options and keeps the defense off balance. I can't think of a really excellent half who couldn't. Haven't seen a glimmer of that from TH.

DCE should be our half back for the remainder of the season for the experience for 2011 , even though Hodkinson kicked 2 FG's he went mia in action for the other 77Min.

ok ok you got me for that game but as berkley said he didnt do much till he kicked them field goals..  &  he didnt do much last 3 games before the souths game last night  either.. when lyon went 0ff injured i thought here is his chance to fuk me up..  but he still looked dis jointed  leading our attack around the park ..  like i said he still got 10 more  games to go  this season..  

kicking 2 feild goals in the last 5 minutes  ..doesnt prove nothing other than we just snuck away for a victory  ,, its called a flukey assy win.. the amount of errors we came up with..
now that lyon might be out a couple of weeks lets see how he goes when  our teams whole attack depends on him.. hopefully better than the previous 3 weeks when he was on origin duty  & injured.. he picked up  more experience for the dogs last night  ;D
lol

Garts link said:
Yeah lets drop TH dick heads to prepare for next year.  Dead sh!ts!!!!
,,, aww garts :D i`ll be asking you next season when we playing a greenhorn half back who could have tasted nrl 1st grade experience this season .. wether we should have persisted with trent or looked towards our future not the bulldogs future..

His kicking game was poor, but having his regular 5/8th moved to the centres to accommodat Bailey through out a lot of cohesion. ATM TH is our best option.

Some posters wanted DCE in the side, but if we get our main players fit and performing towards the business end of season I beleive we have a chance to take out the premiership.

jjai link said:
[quote author=Garts link=topic=183637.msg267801#msg267801 date=1276966401]
Yeah lets drop TH dick heads to prepare for next year.  Dead sh!ts!!!!
,,, aww garts :D i`ll be asking you next season when we playing a greenhorn half back who could have tasted nrl 1st grade experience this season .. wether we should have persisted with trent or looked towards our future not the bulldogs future..
[/quote]

I was hoping for a better reaction from a few posters.

Lets write of the season in July to give an up and comer experince.....

Wow where to start with this. If Trent is the best man for the job then he need to stay

What about the financial implications for a poor season?
The impact on membership / potential sponsors?
The same people who said he should stay as we are a "winning" club would have us going backward? According to that logic we would struggle to recruit players

It did not seem to do us harm in 1996 when Ridge played knowing full well he was leaving

If DCE was the best man for the job he would have been there for the start of the season....and a season on the coast did not seem to do Trent much harm

Rant over

ive gotta agree with most comments here,i was there last night and for the past month hodko just doesnt look right ,speaking of his kicking game being poor why if your chasing the game on the scoreboard and theres not much time left to go you put a nothing kick in on the last tackle straight into wessers bread basket instead of putting pressure on to try and score the points you need by bombing or chipping etc ,he does it alot and its beyond me .

foran isnt looking so crash hot either hes had a few weeks now to get back into it after injury but also looks out sorts ???

Let's not forget TH and Cherry Ripe were both training with the side in the off season with a view to one of them being given the opportunity in the NRL should the situation arise. One would deduct from the fact that TH was given first crack that he was the better of the 2 options in the eyes of the coaching staff. What has changed to suggest that is no longer the case ? The fact that he has signed with another club is not reason enough to drop him for a lesser option. You play your best 17 available in my book. TH was a standout in Qld Cup, but hasn't  dominated in the NRL, what makes all you scouts think DCE will be any better ?

If our season goes pear shaped and we are looking like missing the 8 towards the end then by all means give DCE some game time and some experience for 2011. But while we are still in the hunt what is the point of undoing what experience and combinations TH has developed to date by dropping him ? I have seen nothing to suggest that DCE will be a walk up better performer than TH.

Honestly, I rate DCE as highly (if not less) than Chris Bailey...we are going to struggle in the 1/2's for a few years to come imo.

Hodko was awful for 75mins last night, but **** those last 5 made up for it. Some of his kick options near the end had abuse flying from me but all was forgiven

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6