should des drop t, hodkinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I want to see the best team each week. Us punters demand it! :) I don't care if they go to AFL, NFL or Storm. If they are the best player we have for that position and they give us the best chance of a win then they should play. I would have thought that the club, the club's sponsors, and the rest of the players would think that way. If the player leaving is disruptive and the other players don't want him there by all means drop him.

I remember getting narky in the past about some players leaving - Rambo who was too dumb to know what he was doing and especially Dale Shearer who I felt should have given us loyalty. But I doubt that I called for them to be dumped at the time. But I could have mellowed....

When that traitor Beaver turned his back on his teammates and decided to move to England instead, he should have been dumped to reserves.  Who cares if it cost us the premiership, we could have all had that good Manly feeling watching them lose.

Rex link said:
When that traitor Beaver turned his back on his teammates and decided to move to England instead, he should have been dumped to reserves.  Who cares if it cost us the premiership, we could have all had that good Manly feeling watching them lose.
.. no rex ...again why you comparing menzies a guy who gave us over 10 years service  to newbie green horn ????.. menzies done his time .. if these twits in administration upped his contract by 80,000  dollars he wouldnt have went..

i dont know why yous are comparing steve bell, menzies ,perry, hicks ,le strange monaghan ,hall & who ever else has left us in the last 3years, with that pimple popping newbie who has just started his career  & who  knows if he will be around for even half the time all those above i have mentioned..

People are comparing them to others like you mentioned as posters justification for dropping TH is that if he is leaving we need to plan for next year.  The same could be said for players like Perry, Hall etc.  They were leaving so why were these same people not calling for them to be dropped to plan for life after them?  TH age should have no bearing on it whatsoever.  If he is the best option he should play. 

Garts link said:
People are comparing them to others like you mentioned as posters justification for dropping TH is that if he is leaving we need to plan for next year.  The same could be said for players like Perry, Hall etc.  They were leaving so why were these same people not calling for them to be dropped to plan for life after them?  TH age should have no bearing on it whatsoever.  If he is the best option he should play. 
.. yeah  & whats going to be our option next year  ??  are they going to start thinking about that in feburary?? wouldnt it be better to work  it out  this year..

I am sure they are planning now mate.  Thats why we sign and let players go, i.e. planning for futures year.  However it does not mean we need to drop TH.  Do you think we do not plan for the future?

Garts link said:
I am sure they are planning now mate.  Thats why we sign and let players go, i.e. planning for futures year.  However it does not mean we need to drop TH.  Do you think we do not plan for the future?
.. sometimes i dont know what they are ****n thinking.. i just feel we need to plan for next year in that position with a player who will be with us not leaving us..

Hodkinson is probably our best half back right now. He's played with the team and has some experience now. Cherry Evans can have the off season to prepare with the team as the half back if that's what is going to happen, or come in if Trent's form is terrible. Playing with SCSEs won't hurt Cherry Evans and he'll be a better player next year. I hope he get's first go at it next year.

jjai link said:
[quote author=toovs link=topic=183637.msg267496#msg267496 date=1276897173]
i think so he won,t be here next year give this other fella ago

mate i been saying this all week & last week..  again  why do we need to give trent nrl experience to take to dogs.. stuff em  they can get him with 9 nrl games  & no nrl experience the next 3-4months..
[/quote]

I have to say I agree! Don't get me wrong- I want us to win games, but I think we need to start preparing for when TH departs! Start developing DCE! The dogs have signed TH for his current form- & that's all they deserve- no improvements!!

EagleAngel1986, we are developing DCE by having him in the SCSE to get used to the pace of that comp and to play against men instead of boys.  He needs to see out their season (which the final round finishes August 29) to get the experience before stepping up again to a more harder and faster pace game in the NRL.

Then lets see Lyon 6, Foran 7, with Whare retained in the centres.

What we see at present isn't working. Or am I watching a different team to everyone else?

Funnily enough our half and assistant coach both played halfback for Australia. They might have a bit of a clue. They are going to pick what they think is the best team to play for Manly on a given weekend. If Hodkinson is the best half, he gets the gig. It is ridiculous to suggest he gets dropped because he has signed elsewhere, especially as he was offered a lot more cash.

The rest of this nonsense is speculation. The joke of it all is that before the slump we were considered one of the big threats in this comp. Hopefully that is the main focus - winning in 2010 and then letting next year sort itself out. I can't see Melbourne or the Warriors dropping players just because they have signed with other clubs next year. I suppose some of these people wanted Ron Gibbs dropped back in 1987, and he ended up a key player in a premiership side. (Later said he regretted leaving Manly.)

Ryan link said:

What we see at present isn't working. Or am I watching a different team to everyone else?
There was so much bleating about how Hodko and Foran must be our halves earlier in the season. Des put them there and we have 10 really good weeks. Three bad games and suddenly we want to make changes. Sometimes patience is needed with young players.

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183637.msg267611#msg267611 date=1276933286]

There was so much bleating about how Hodko and Foran must be our halves earlier in the season. Des put them there and we have 10 really good weeks. Three bad games and suddenly we want to make changes. Sometimes patience is needed with young players.
[/quote]..

but only  younger  players that are staying with us..
SEE we training him the rigours of nrl  for the dogs... if we win the gf  then its for us & i`ll let yous all give me shIIt about it then lol..

Well ide say hodkinson won it tonight with 2 field goals in under pressure...that answers the questions for mine

thats why you dont cut off your nose to spite your face. I never doubted his commitment to himself and his team mates even if he couldnt commit to the club. if dce is there we probably lose (through no fault of his) and struggle for the season. now we are still close enough if good enough despite the protestations of some of the worst fottball judges the game has ever known

To the posters who wanted TH dropped that it why we need him on the field. I don't think DCE would have kicked 2 fgs on debut

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4