Sharks report themselves for salary cap breach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
A local security company has been paying the players outside of the cap and the Sharks board have put themselves in to Schubert and cancelled any association with the company.Can it get any worse for the sharks fans.I sincerely feel sorry for these fans atm.

And the script will play out as usual- the players will know absolutely nothing about receiving any extra cash,the security company will be trashed and some club minnow will be sacked.

This is not good. They will shed some players who will in turn give an immediate boost to teams such as the Bulldogs, Eels or Roosters.

Smells like the Directors are trying to create a situation where the Club becomes insolvent so that the poor Players can not sue them :mad:

The NRL are also dancing on their graves and potentially solving the 'too many Sydney Teams' issue with the Shark cull:dodgy:

My heart goes out to our gallant foes in their time of need.:angel:
We may not be able to commemorate the 40 year anniversary of the 1973 GF on the 14 April :(

I'll be cheering them on this afternoon in solidarity of all Sports Loving Fans:angel:

Gallens only got himself to blame. He should've signed with Manly a few years ago when he had the chance.... Would've had a premiership ring as well.

Cronulla was one of the first clubs to join Super League in 1995.

I guess Karma really does exist.

If Rothfield and the other paper puppets thought our board was dysfunctional then the Sharks board must be totaly ****ed

BOZO said:
If Rothfield and the other paper puppets thought our board was dysfunctional then the Sharks board must be totaly f***ed

Worst board ever!

You like that GE?

I know the whole place is a mess but it seems the board gets all the flak and the players get 20,000 fans turn up to thank them.

If the 2 current crises are proven correct it would seem that the needles go into the players stomachs and the cash into their pockets yet some guy who gets paid nothing and told nothing cops the trashing and the players and staff on hundreds of thousand of dollars are painted as victims.
The Storm situation played out exactly the same way.

Nicely constructed post, Susan, especially the analogy about needles and cash...
but I don't agree with your take on the matter. Frankly, I hope the Sharks smash the Titans today and the club survives. Imagine if we were going through what Sharks fans are facing?

They said on the sunday sports show on 2-ky this morning,the sharks will be here for probably this year,but after that,maybe not and Lewis has a get out clause,he only went there because of Flanagan,so if loses his job all together,then he can leave,but they reckon Flanagan will be back next week

The Who said:
Nicely constructed post, Susan, especially the analogy about needles and cash...
but I don't agree with your take on the matter. Frankly, I hope the Sharks smash the Titans today and the club survives. Imagine if we were going through what Sharks fans are facing?
Me too

The Who said:

I'm with you. I hope the Sharks overcome this crap and win all their games against anyone but Manly then lose 42-0 against Manly in the GF.

Napper said:
The Who said:

I'm with you. I hope the Sharks overcome this crap and win all their games against anyone but Manly then lose 42-0 against Manly in the GF.

Can we make that 39 - 0 Napper?
I love the fact that our 40-NIL record is against the Scum.
I hope it stands forever..

I don't have a lot of sympathy for the Sharks. They've been a joke of a club for a long time and haven't won a premiership in almost 50 years of trying. Let's just call for the screen and put them out of their misery.

eagles2win said:
Damian Irvine said to sacked as CEO as well.
I hope this bloke stays in the game would be a shame to lose him.

Why? Sounds like had nfi of what was going on at the club - he has to be accountable

The Who said:

I want the sharks club to survive also and I would hate Manly to be in that position.My comments simply relate to the fact that anything that goes wrong at football clubs never seems to have anything to the players-the Storm situation was laughable with multiple contracts and a control freak coach who knew nothing.

It would seem ridiculous that if this plays out badly for the Sharks it will have zero to do with the players.

One comment made by the Deputy Chairman of the Sharks at the press conference that was highlighted on Offsiders today and discussed at length,but neglected by the rest of the press ,went along the lines of....

""ïn a number of cases,maybe even a majority of cases, the evidence we were presented suggested an issue of negligence rather than outright cheating.

""Maybe a majority"" means maybe 50% weren't cheating,hardly a good result! Doesn't seem to fit the ""it was all just a misunderstanding"" theory.Strange comment and common sense suggests there is more to this as we will no doubt find out over the next few weeks.

Masters said he has numerous sources who said Flanagan simply turned a blind eye and related a specific instance of intravenous injections being given at an away game . Seemed a very forthright pronouncement and he didn't seem to back away from it.Still,he may not be a gossip columnist,but he is still a journalist so who knows.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6