1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharks new sponsors

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
  2. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,408 / 35
    I think Donut King might be more appropriate. ;)

3. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    I'll be honest this game worried me. I thought Gallen, Lewis and Carney all back, with Choc out for us and DCE either out or on 1 leg, and we could be in trouble.

I expected the Sharks to just get down and dirty and make it into a war of attrition, but that's a bit hard when they don't complete sets or put pressure on us.

Plus then all you do is run at their right hand defence. Foran, Skivvy and Snake were all seen at various times laughing and smiling....and why would you not? Tonight was nothing more than a chance for them to do some game drills down the left hand side.

• Like Like x 3
  4. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,740 / 125
    Paul Gallen said that Feki's no-try in the first half was an embarrassing decision (maybe he was right, but I still think he received a forward pass so justice prevailed). Personally I thought the Sharks defence was even more embarrassing than that though. We hardly seemed to get into top gear and still put 26 on them while bombing at least two tries.

Brandy and Warren Smith both said in the post-game that it was like a training run for us out there. They were right.

5. wedgetail eagle

wedgetail eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,727 / 10
    Gallan did say after the game on 2GB, that their troubles go beyond the disallowed tries.
    This was good to hear as it would've given the commentators more ammunition against Manly.

6. TWO DOGS

TWO DOGS Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Berry
    Ratings:
    +429 / 1
    How funny is it to see "long chin Gasnier" come up with a reason to tip against us every game. I seem to remember he even tipped Canberra to beat us.

Perhaps he is still dirty on Matai belting him years ago.

• Like Like x 3
  7. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    I think it's more a dislike of Matai than Manly. I have no idea why though. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,792 / 58
    NRL club Cronulla has finally attracted a major sponsor - ironically, it seems, as a direct result of their woes on and off the field.

Labour Health, whose services include conducting drug and alcohol testing in workplaces throughout Australia, has reportedly committed to paying a six-figure sum to feature on the front of the Sharks' jersey for the remaining 10 weeks of the season and possibly next year.

nrl.com

http://www.nrl.com/sharks-finally-sign-major-sponsor/tabid/10874/newsid/79931/default.aspx

9. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Woolgoolga, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +522 / 0
    They strongly advise against the recent craze of self-testing urine analyse stating that taste alone is not a reliable indicator.

• Like Like x 2
  10. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    No wonder they flicked Carney - he is a direct competitor of theirs :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. RiverEagle

RiverEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 0
    Wow how ironic is that!?

I saw the piece on the Footy Show about this.
    I didn't pick up the actual detail of this new sponsor.

If it wasn't true you'd swear it was April Fool's Day, fair dinkum.

Maybe they see it as a statement moving forward, but the ASADA fallout is yet to be fully seen. And it's extremely brave for ANY sponsor to get on board the Sharkies' ''ship of fools'' right now.

12. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
  13. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    As marketer I like it - good way to get bang for your buck (for a relativly minimal spend)