Sharks Chairman v Penn

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So this thread is the official low point of Silvertails. Either it's up from here or this is the new standard. What will it be..?
That's a jump in logic Loobs. Just because we've hit a low point doesn't imply this is some new, low standard.

We could settle much lower.

Penn's only fault was to believe if you can afford to buy a club ... then your good enough to run it. He should have bought the club, selected the most experienced and qualified people he could find to run it ... then sat on the hill and enjoyed it.

Even Crowe has the sense to let the professionals run Souths, and only appears to get involved when they need help wooing recruits ...( except of course when he gets pissed at team bondings.)
Good point. I think penn also needs to know that culture and history are attached to the club whether you buy it or not, and if you do buy it then you are the temporary custodian of it.

That's a jump in logic Loobs. Just because we've hit a low point doesn't imply this is some new, low standard.

We could settle much lower.
After a few loses next season I'm expecting it to get much, much lower. It's only October wait till till round 3 next year.

As a club we have made so many stupid decisions in recent years why not sign up a chairman who can drink beer from a shoe? Make it a KPI

Maybe Todd Carney can be our chairman? He can drink a schoey of his own urine

Have a look at other sports and how they do it. Less than a week after losing the flag the Swans CEO wrote to their members to give them his take on things. Cost him nohing but will get him heaps.
Less than a week after missing out on the playoffs ( not acceptable for their fans) the New York Yankess cheif held a 40 min press conference to tell the fans what went wrong, what the ideas are for next year and what positions they are looking at improving. The yankees are one of the most recognisable brands in sport and obviously they know what they are doing.
Now what do we hear from our beloved here at Manly? Just give us your money.

Have a look at other sports and how they do it. Less than a week after losing the flag the Swans CEO wrote to their members to give them his take on things. Cost him nohing but will get him heaps.
Less than a week after missing out on the playoffs ( not acceptable for their fans) the New York Yankess cheif held a 40 min press conference to tell the fans what went wrong, what the ideas are for next year and what positions they are looking at improving. The yankees are one of the most recognisable brands in sport and obviously they know what they are doing.
Now what do we hear from our beloved here at Manly? Just give us your money.

Very very good point that, it's not so much the Chairman who has a beer after a win it's more the Chairman who chooses to engage the fans after a GF loss or a terrible year.

Even BHP allows me as a shareholder to go to their AGM, and ask a question from the floor.

We don't have a CEO at present , he might change that when he gets here, but then again based on the sacking of the last one after he engaged the fans and allowed himself to be videotaped the chance of that is Zero.

Dont know the new guy but I can almost bet he will be nothing more than a puppet!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4