1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shane Shackelton

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by km@ntis, Apr 27, 2012.

1. km@ntis

km@ntis Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Shane Shackleton was this week denied an immediate release to join the Manly Sea Eagles, who were poised to snap up the out-of-favour Parramatta Eels prop on a second-tier contract. Shackleton – who represented City last year – has made just one NRL appearance in 2012.

The 29-year-old’s demise coincided with an extraordinary social media attack on Stephen Kearney, in which he called the Parramatta coach a “f*&^wit” on Facebook.

Shackleton has been stranded with NSW Cup feeder side Wentworthville ever since, but has performed strongly and collected two players‘ player awards in recent weeks. Off-contract and fearing his cards were marked with Kearney, Shackleton pleaded for a chance to showcase his NRL wares at another club.

But at a meeting earlier this week, the coach maintained there were no hard feelings and promised Shackleton every chance of a first grade recall.

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com.au/shackleton-denied-release-eels-5699/#ixzz1tCCodIhH

2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    At least he's honest.

Would've been a decent pick up IMO.

3. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    I would be happy with him at a cheap price.

4. km@ntis

km@ntis Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Yeah I rate this guy, every team needs a good 'ranga' afterall, we already have Daniel Harrison but, we must not upset the balance.

5. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Kearney is a fu@kwit. He'll be lucky to survive another full year at Parra.

6. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    I gotta say I think the treatment of Rose by the club has been poor. I was told on the weekend he was asked to lose 10kgs hes lost 8 do far.

No offense to seymour skinner but I would rather George carrying 2kg extra than someone as inexperienced as Skinner tonight.

7. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    I heard Rose might have also stuffed up which has contributed to his absence.

8. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,803 / 53
    We need a prop. Glad to see the cluib is out there trying to do something about it.

9. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 37
    I'd be very happy with Shackleton on a second tier contract

10. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    Uv got to be kidding. George is a 10x better player than Shack. Shacks a plodder at best and belongs in NSW cup. Big George can bend the line and has great ball skills, Shack does neither. No thanx.

11. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,243 / 131
    Did someone forget to let Kearney know that parramatta are our feeder club?

12. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    Mate, you haven't seen George play this year. I'm as much a fan of the big fella as anyone but he has really lost his mojo. He honestly doesn't deserve a crack at first grade at the moment & with the contract that he's got now he's probably going to be looking at heading elsewhere at the end of the year.

13. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,842 / 190
    I think the attitude of Rose has been poor . It shows that he has no self discipline . No offense also to skinner but he offers no impact of the bench . Hopefully if he plays tonight he can prove me wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Vyssini

Vyssini Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +464 / 1
    It's a shame about Shackleton- would've done great Joe Galuvao impersonations

• Like Like x 1
  15. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Imo Rose even 20 mins tonight would have been good but I'm sure Tooves has his reasons.
    Skinner has better potential than some of the others we have had on the bench recently but lacks a bit of power in his game.
    Shacklton - the guy hits like a sledgehammer in defence & at Manly could have offered plenty imo.

16. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    I agree George brings plenty to the table. Problem is, he then eats all of it.

17. Cameron

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    RLW mole is saying George will be a late inclusion. Hope so

18. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    Interesting we would be in a position re cap to offer a contract to him?

19. Cameron

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    Mate thats poor form. I don't know you but I think it's safe to safe an nrl player whose 2kg over weight will be fitter than anyone on this forum making jokes about him.

From RLW media release

20. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    Well I didn't know that he was bothered by the social media comments - probably should have though. I am a big fan of George and would love to see him tearing it up in top grade.