Shane Shackelton

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

km@ntis

Shane Shackleton was this week denied an immediate release to join the Manly Sea Eagles, who were poised to snap up the out-of-favour Parramatta Eels prop on a second-tier contract. Shackleton – who represented City last year – has made just one NRL appearance in 2012.

The 29-year-old’s demise coincided with an extraordinary social media attack on Stephen Kearney, in which he called the Parramatta coach a “f*&^wit” on Facebook.

Shackleton has been stranded with NSW Cup feeder side Wentworthville ever since, but has performed strongly and collected two players‘ player awards in recent weeks. Off-contract and fearing his cards were marked with Kearney, Shackleton pleaded for a chance to showcase his NRL wares at another club.

But at a meeting earlier this week, the coach maintained there were no hard feelings and promised Shackleton every chance of a first grade recall.

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com.au/shackleton-denied-release-eels-5699/#ixzz1tCCodIhH

km@ntis said:
The 29-year-old’s demise coincided with an extraordinary social media attack on Stephen Kearney, in which he called the Parramatta coach a “f*&^wit” on Facebook.

At least he's honest.

Would've been a decent pick up IMO.

Yeah I rate this guy, every team needs a good 'ranga' afterall, we already have Daniel Harrison but, we must not upset the balance.

I gotta say I think the treatment of Rose by the club has been poor. I was told on the weekend he was asked to lose 10kgs hes lost 8 do far.

No offense to seymour skinner but I would rather George carrying 2kg extra than someone as inexperienced as Skinner tonight.

Uv got to be kidding. George is a 10x better player than Shack. Shacks a plodder at best and belongs in NSW cup. Big George can bend the line and has great ball skills, Shack does neither. No thanx.

Cameron said:
I gotta say I think the treatment of Rose by the club has been poor. I was told on the weekend he was asked to lose 10kgs hes lost 8 do far.

No offense to seymour skinner but I would rather George carrying 2kg extra than someone as inexperienced as Skinner tonight.

Mate, you haven't seen George play this year. I'm as much a fan of the big fella as anyone but he has really lost his mojo. He honestly doesn't deserve a crack at first grade at the moment & with the contract that he's got now he's probably going to be looking at heading elsewhere at the end of the year.

Cameron said:

I think the attitude of Rose has been poor . It shows that he has no self discipline . No offense also to skinner but he offers no impact of the bench . Hopefully if he plays tonight he can prove me wrong.

Imo Rose even 20 mins tonight would have been good but I'm sure Tooves has his reasons.
Skinner has better potential than some of the others we have had on the bench recently but lacks a bit of power in his game.
Shacklton - the guy hits like a sledgehammer in defence & at Manly could have offered plenty imo.

the mauler said:
Uv got to be kidding. George is a 10x better player than Shack. Shacks a plodder at best and belongs in NSW cup. Big George can bend the line and has great ball skills, Shack does neither. No thanx.
I agree George brings plenty to the table. Problem is, he then eats all of it.

Interesting we would be in a position re cap to offer a contract to him?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
the mauler said:
I agree George brings plenty to the table. Problem is, he then eats all of it.
Mate thats poor form. I don't know you but I think it's safe to safe an nrl player whose 2kg over weight will be fitter than anyone on this forum making jokes about him.

From RLW media release
Out-of-favour Manly prop George Rose breaks his silence, saying: “I can’t get back the time in the NRL I’ve lost over the past couple of months.

“I have been copping abuse from fans on social media and that has really upset me. These people are really tough, hiding behind their keyboards. I’ve had informal questions asked by rival clubs but I’ve just brushed them away.”

Well I didn't know that he was bothered by the social media comments - probably should have though. I am a big fan of George and would love to see him tearing it up in top grade.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4