Shane Rodney

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Great to see him back on the field. He'll be another valuable addition to our finals campaign. If he can regain the form he had before injury I think Hasler will be in a good but difficult position as who he will drop.

So where is he this week? He was great for us last week but on the NRL site & the telegraph he is not listed to play.

Newcastle Knights v Manly Sea Eagles at Ausgrid Stadium, 3:00pm

Sea Eagles: Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Jamie Lyon (c), Steve Matai, David Williams, Kieran Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans, Jason King (c), Matt Ballin, Brent Kite, Anthony Watmough, Joe Galuvao, Glenn Stewart. Interchange (from): Vic Mauro, Jamie Buhrer, George Rose, Tim Robinson, Darcy Lussick

Knights: Wes Naiqama, James McManus, Junior Sa’u, Keith Lulia, Akuila Uate, Ryan Stig, Jarrod Mullen (c), Richie Fa’aoso, Isaac De Gois, Evarn Tuimavave, Chris Houston, Neville Costigan, Joel Edwards. Interchange (from): Matt Hilder, Antonio Kaufusi, Cameron Ciraldo, Dan Tolar, Mark Taufua, Steve Southern, Adam MacDougall

The team list I have has Shane Rodney listed third on a six man bench!

14. Mauro
15. Buhrer
16. Rodney
17. Rose
18. Robinson
19. Lussick

Standby for Tony Williams to be available too so all looking good for the mighty Sea Eagles.

manlysister said:
So where is he this week? He was great for us last week but on the NRL site & the telegraph he is not listed to play.http://forums.silvertails.net/jscripts/editor_themes/default/images/television.gif

Sea Eagles: Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Jamie Lyon (c), Steve Matai, David Williams, Kieran Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans, Jason King (c), Matt Ballin, Brent Kite, Anthony Watmough, Joe Galuvao, Glenn Stewart. Interchange (from): Vic Mauro, Jamie Buhrer, George Rose, Tim Robinson, Darcy Lussick

Knights: Wes Naiqama, James McManus, Junior Sa’u, Keith Lulia, Akuila Uate, Ryan Stig, Jarrod Mullen (c), Richie Fa’aoso, Isaac De Gois, Evarn Tuimavave, Chris Houston, Neville Costigan, Joel Edwards. Interchange (from): Matt Hilder, Antonio Kaufusi, Cameron Ciraldo, Dan Tolar, Mark Taufua, Steve Southern, Adam MacDougall

I'd say that the NRL have made a mistake & left him off their team sheet. He is on the team sheet released by MWSE which carries more weight.

One of the best second rowers in our team & I would say the back up goalkicker should Lyon not be able to kick for whatever reason. Rodney is the kind of player you want in your team if you are going to win premierships.

Assuming that he gets back to his 2009/2010 form I think that Buhrer gets dropped to make room for Rodney.

Wolfpack said:
manlysister said:
So where is he this week? He was great for us last week but on the NRL site & the telegraph he is not listed to play.http://forums.silvertails.net/jscripts/editor_themes/default/images/television.gif

I'd say that the NRL have made a mistake & left him off their team sheet. He is on the team sheet released by MWSE which carries more weight.

One of the best second rowers in our team & I would say the back up goalkicker should Lyon not be able to kick for whatever reason. Rodney is the kind of player you want in your team if you are going to win premierships.

Assuming that he gets back to his 2009/2010 form I think that Buhrer gets dropped to make room for Rodney.

No way to dropping Buhrer. He was the spark that got us going in the 2nd half last week. Rodney should be starting 2nd row. Bench should be Rose,Galuvao,TRex,Buhrer. Buhrer can fill in at hooker as well. T Rex can fit into any spot in the backline or forwards. Its the perfect bench and WILL carry us to another premiership.

Full strength we will be unbeatable.

1. B Stewart
2. W Hopoate
3. J Lyon
4. S Matai
5. D Williams
6. K Foran
7. D Cherry-Evans
8. J King
9. M Ballin
10. B Kite
11. A Watmough
12. S Rodney
13. G Stewart

14. G Rose
15. J Galuvao
16. J Buhrer
17. T Williams

18. V Mauro
19. M Robertson

Hmm, fair call. I suppose that Nood can do the job as a 4th prop.

Either way, Rodney is definitely in our team at full strength.

Love the Rocket and good effort first time up for the top flight. Nood and him are a toss-up for starting position by I would probably go with Joe.

Wolfpack said:

T-rex could be used as a prop aswell. We also Robinson, Lussick waiting in the wings. Before the season started I thought we wouldn't have a lot of depth but we've got plenty to fill all positions. It will be difficult to keep them all.

How did Rodney play against the bunnies? I wasn't paying that much attention to him although did see him drop the ball after being put in the gap from DCE which he should have taken and gone on to score a try. How was his defence? Did he make many tackles?

Wolfpack said:
manlysister said:

good to see him back princess.

even better to see your unflagging manlove for him as well.

I sit next to his cousin at work and she is now a big fan of the Wolfpack after reading your above post :)

twitchk said:
rodney had 4 runs which made 46 metres.

He missed 2 tackles and made 21.

And only that 1 error.

more importantly he came out of the game fit. the more game time the better he will be.

He's like a new and improved version of Luke Williamson IMO

Cambo said:
Wolfpack said:
manlysister said:

good to see him back princess.

even better to see your unflagging manlove for him as well.

I sit next to his cousin at work and she is now a big fan of the Wolfpack after reading your above post :)

Mate, everyone is a big fan of the Wolfpack, you already know this.

As far as the manlove goes, let's just say that if Manly somehow found a way to clone players & we ended up with a team of Glenn Stewarts' & Shane Rodneys' I would die a happy man after seeing them destroy whatever team they went up against.

Rodney's Rebels represent.

Wolfpack said:

Spot on Wolfpack , Rodney will do the job as a 4th prop as well as he does in the back row .He has the size streangth is mobile and has good speed , he has it all.

BOZO said:
Wolfpack said:

Spot on Wolfpack , Rodney will do the job as a 4th prop as well as he does in the back row .He has the size streangth is mobile and has good speed , he has it all.

Yeah good call re rodney as back up for front row. When all fit I reckon the bench will be TREX, Rose, Ferris and Rodney. Unfortunately wolf or robbo to miss out to make way for hoppa.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4