1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seymour stood down

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Utility Player, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    Just heard on the news that Brett Seymour has been stood down from all NRL commitments until further notice, did not say if it was the NRL or the Sharks that made the decision though.

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    It was reported earlier I think that the Sharks stood him down until the investigation is over

3. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    yep, they will stand him down for one week so that the nrl dont fine them 100K and a few more weeks ontop

smart move by the sharks

Rorters on the other hand have politis who signs gallops pay check, they have nothing to worry about

4. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Sharks CEO Tony Zattia was in between a rock and a hard place when this incident came up after his comments supporting the NRL's stand on Snake.
    The Cronulla board interviewed Seymour who openly admitted to being sh*tfaced. With his track record they had no choice. He is suspended indefinitely and he may have his contract torn up.

5. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I love it when sharks fans think they have a legitimate chance of winning a Premiership. 

6. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Kudos to Cronulla in a way, for being proactive. However I suspect that Seymour was on a final warning anyway, he has some form on the board. Would have been interesting to see what stance they would have taken had it been someone like Barrett or Tupou.

Anyway as Fluffy has rightly pointed out, it's just one way of avoiding a fine and a 4 week suspension. Stand him down for one game and Gallop will rubber stamp your drunken buffoonery.

7. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Seymour has prior form and I think that is why the Broncos let him go!!