Seu Seu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pretty sure Seu Seu was on a one year deal (i asked in a different thread) and on base wage like 55k or something?  If that's the case, he'd be cheaper to keep than Farrar i'd say. 

Really impressed when he came on too, tried hard and went well.  Maybe he can be our utility?  It'd be great to have someone in that role that's creative and adds spark, something Bailey didn't do as he'd go on in the 2nd row and do some hit ups

how many more years do we have to put up with bailey i hope 2011 is his last yr  on his contract  with us...

Seu Seu showed enough at NRL level at his previous 2 clubs to be worth more game time for us, especially with how far off the boil Ballin was near the end of the season

Would someone like to elaborate on why Ballin played so poorly at the back end of the season?

At a guess DSM, I could suggest that playing 80mins every week took it's toll on him

His lack of attacking options is becoming a bit of a concern for me and I would like to see it worked on over the off season, mainly trying to develop a scoot out of dummy half and reworking his attacking options close to the opponents tryline

Ballin is an interesting player, he puts in every match and patrols the centre in defence. If his form did taper a bit it is more likely to be from exhaustion than boredom.

Even though he is super fit his style may take more out of him than say Cameron Smith, who also plays 80 minutes. I wonder if using him for the full 80 may not be the best way to go next year.

Maybe he should look at how Farrah plays.  Although I detest the grub, he certainly gets the Tigers going forward.  In hindsight it was a shame letting LeStrange go.  He certainly added uncertainty in the opposition when he came on.

I don't think Ballin has the skill set to replicate Farah.

I think Ballin is a good player, don't get that wrong, but he does have some limitations at this point imo, and that is where a Seu Seu type coming off the bench may help the side

I loved the way he punched the air when he stopped a certain try by falling under the ball. 
Its as if he had scored a try  ;D - great enthusiasm is always appreciated by the fans. I dont want anything but to watch the guys ENJOY playing the game - then it always falls into place. 

I thought the couple of games after he played Origin were Ballins best, he tapered off after that. He just doesn't seem to have a lot of spark, his passing game is pretty good but he rarely troubles the opposition with darts. I'd also like to see him kick more. He hasn't developed his game to the standard of what a good 9 should have, which costs us a little as it is a vital position these days, especially when you have rookie halves.

I might be in the minority but I didn't think the Seu Seu was anything spectacular in any of his appearances this year. He made one half break on Sunday but that was about it. I guess he looked dynamic because everyone else was pretty tired and devoid of creativity by the time he made it on the park. Anyway, perhaps he has something to offer, but I doubt we'll find out though. 

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I don't think Ballin has the skill set to replicate Farah.

I think Ballin is a good player, don't get that wrong, but he does have some limitations at this point imo, and that is where a Seu Seu type coming off the bench may help the side

I think Farah is a ball hogging moron

I wonder if the lack of structure in our attack from our halves for much of the end of the year deadend Ballin's effect. i..e he had to spend so much time organising things instead of hte halves doing it that it stopped him being able to spot opportunities etc he normally would have taken.

HappilyManly link said:
I loved the way he punched the air when he stopped a certain try by falling under the ball. 
Its as if he had scored a try  ;D - great enthusiasm is always appreciated by the fans. I dont want anything but to watch the guys ENJOY playing the game - then it always falls into place. 

Totally agree. That was a highlight in that game for sure

That was a great hold up and certain try saver.
As was mentioned during the coverage, the ensuing penalty was a very harsh call. He should have been ruled to have lost it rather than the ball being pinched.
Anyhow........

Ballins fatigue playing 80 is certainly an issue. Especially when in numerous games this year we have had a 3 man bench. Much rather a darting sub come on & relieve Ballin than simply waste a bench spot. 

Seu Seu is only 23 and was signed for 55k. He showed enough on the Sunshine Coast and against the Dragons to suggest that if he could be signed again for similar money he could be a useful bench player.

Jatz Crackers link said:
Ballins fatigue playing 80 is certainly an issue. Especially when in numerous games this year we have had a 3 man bench. Much rather a darting sub come on & relieve Ballin than simply waste a bench spot. 

Iw as a big fan of LeStrange I thought he was a good impact player and hooker, and more than held his own. Would love to get another player like him on the bench

I thought the young hooker who played for us this year in the Toyota cup looked like he has some potential...buggered if i can remember his name, but looked very dangerous in the attacking zone.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4