Seu Seu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Gumby

I was pleasantly surprised by Seu Seu's performance today. He added some much needed spark to the attack, had a good passing game and was solid in defence. I know he copped a lot of criticism after the first two rounds, but it's pretty obvious now that he wasn't the cause of our 2nd half fade-outs in those games.

I would have loved to see him take on the defence more with scoots from dummy half, he could have caused some real havoc - maybe he wasn't confident enough or was playing it safe, but the couple of times he took them on he looked great. I think he would be a great option off the bench next year, doing the job Lestrange did for us so well in '08. Bargain basement price too.

He added instant spark. Something we've missed on the bench since the Stranger departed.

Yeah I liked the spark he added. In fact it highlighted how 'flat' the rest of the team was in attack!

he has been playing very very very well in 5/8 for Sunshine coast and certainly has improved for it

I think these people who are doomsaying for next year will have egg on their face. I have watched a fair bit of SSCSE in Qld cup and their 2nd half of the season was awesome. Its a shame they played so poorly in the semi final because I thought they were a big shot for another title. DCE, Seu Seu when he went to 5/8th, Buhrer were all a class above the rest.

the games ive seen of the sunny coast, he invariably outplays DCE ( only saw 5 games) and with his ability to play in the halves and hooker, i was really confused why he hasnt had a run earlier off the bench. I mentioned a few weeks ago he must have been fiddling with someone elses goat.

Though I thought people were saying Hodko was amazing at that level - and while he was fine for us he certainly wasn't wow. So while I'm looking forward to seeing Seu Seu I'm not sure Qld Cup is a sure indicator.

ads link said:
I'm not sure Qld Cup is a sure indicator.

Yep, in Hodkos case it wasnt.

Seu did come off the bench for us early in the season & didnt really impress but id like to see how he goes now after his stint in the more creative role at 6 for SCSE.

See I don't agree that Hodko looked that great at level.

He did look good, don't get me wrong. But you will recall after the Sunny Coast grand final in my write up I essentially said that I don't think he is first grade just yet and he looked slow and his kicks a little awkward.

That basically turned out to be exactly right.

No one can deny that early in teh season our momentum switched the moment Ballin was taken off for Seu Seu and I would say that is why he was dropped.

I seem to recall somewhere seeing he was only signed until the end of this year, so who knows, we may have seen the last of him, but worth trying next year if he is around still

Well I assume if he was only signed on a one year contract then there won't be much chance of him playing for us next year.  We've had to offload Farrar and others and we wont even consider Beaver so I can't see why Manly would would consider re-signing Seu Seu.

Don't quote me on it. I just remember reading it somewhere. It may have been part of the usual Silvertails misinformation machine though :)

Dan link said:
No one can deny that early in teh season our momentum switched the moment Ballin was taken off for Seu Seu and I would say that is why he was dropped.

And it was subsequently proven that the momentum shift at the time Seu Seu came on was mere coincidence. The identical momentum shift continually occurred at the same time of the game when Ballin stayed on.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6