1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seu Seu waste of money

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Mar 21, 2010.

Was the purchas a waste of money

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
  2. court83

court83 Active Member

Ratings:
    +158 / 14
    Last I checked seu seu wasn't wearin a refs uniform and missing 5m forward passes...blaming him is pathetic

3. inside pass

inside pass Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yes he is ...should b playing bush footie however he did not lose is 4 us.
    how much r we paying him anyway?

4. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    not blaming him at all, just a topic to discuss
    odd that 2 weeks in a row when Ballin goes off and He comes on we lose all consistancy and game plan

5. susan ridgepipe

susan ridgepipe Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we have enough experienced blokes going missing without blaming him.not sure if he is a worthwhile purchase but may be stretching it by singling him out.perry and chock were the main culprits today unfortunately re effort and discipline.

the side today looks to be better balanced but drop in intensity was ordinary.we need to stick solid and with that 17 or 18 players now and hope the attitude improves dramatically.remember parra had to be buggered after first half too but they hung in there.

they do have that extra touch of brilliance though to get them rolling.hayne is a freak and he lifts everyone around him.maybe only inglis and slater could have created that try like he did.without that try at that stage they lose.

if we were down 20 nil we would have lost 26-8 im afraid and therin lies the difference.

6. court83

court83 Active Member

Ratings:
    +158 / 14
    I dunno,I don't think he's a waste of $$$ however,maybe we should play ballin for 80 for the next few weeks n see how he goes???
    Seu seu was touted as buderus's replacement for a reason,we gotta atleast give him a shot
    (Lets not count his time at sharks,I don't think andrew johns,cliff lyons and tooves woulda improved much on that cr*p outfit last yr)

7. Pepi

Pepi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +318 / 20
    He was crap last week, crap this week. Poor service from Dummy Half.
    Harsh, but the truth.

8. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    We went backwards once he came on last week. We lose our go forward and IMO we can keep ballin on for the full 80 and lose nothing.

Tge game is evolving a little to where this hooker change for impact is pointless

9. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    look at who else comes on at the same time, its not just him

10. bhot

bhot Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Is Matt Ballin a fitness fanatic? I heard that he was...so 80 minutes doesn't seem like an issue for him.

11. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    I'll reserve my judgment of him until I have seen more of his game time.

12. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    We went backwards once he came on last week. We lose our go forward and IMO we can keep ballin on for the full 80 and lose nothing.

Tge game is evolving a little to where this hooker change for impact is pointless

13. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    you can say that again

14. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    We lose our go forward because the 2 times he has come onto the field, we have given away penalty after penalty and basically been defending the whole time, or returning the ball off our line

I would prefer to see him get more of a go before being consigned to the rubbish bin, he has shown talent at NRL level on quite a few occasions prior to coming to us

15. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    Exactly Kiwi, he is not the one giving a away penalty after penalty.  Give him a chance. 

16. Liueli of Brookvale

Liueli of Brookvale Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Chris Bailey, Tony Williams and Shane Rodney are a bigger waste of money! Seu Seu hasn't had that much time to prove himself. Give him a chance..

17. Daddycool

Daddycool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +283 / 2
    The short answer is no. If anything was to happen to Ballin, I'm sure we'll all be glad of him. He just needs to shift gears a bit and play more direct out of the ruck. pick it up and scoot, then use his power to break the line. Then in defense, just rip & tear.

18. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Perry is more of a waste of money.... he is a joke. Fair dinkum... how long has he been playing and he still doesn't know the rules??? Time to go

19. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    I can't agree with you on Shane Rodney.  His stats are normally pretty good and he always seems to me to put in.  Looking at his stats today, he has performed better than some of our bigger named players.  As for last year, it was just unlucky for him that he picked up an injury in the latter half of the season because I thought that he was playing well up until then.   

As for Eeyore (Tony Williams), I will give him a little more game time this year to make judgment on him.  Last year was a complete disaster for him and I would have agreed with you straight up but this year he is not carrying any injuries and I think that he played a lot better today than what he has previously played (whether that was only because he was playing against his old team I don't know but I will wait to see his performances in a few more games).

As for Chris Bailey, he has never impressed me the whole time whilst he has been with us at Manly so he would be the only one of the three that you have mentioned that I would agree with you who would probably be a bigger waste of money in my opinion.

20. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    you are kidding if you think Rodney is a waste of money, you are either stirring or know nothing about footy. He had fair impact in the first round and on the radio (I was driving and they only played the first half) Rodney and Cross seemed to be giving us a lot of go forward