1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting the mood

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Dan, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lztKkkOF9A4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjdBaTkduWc[/youtube]
    [hr]Post  automatically merged: [time]1299800455[/time][hr]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fIyCkhX7zY[/youtube]

2. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    Man you can't help but smile at that 08 grand final. GO MANLY!

3. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    agreed I did a fist pump for Beavers try even though I have seen it that many times

4. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    What about Stewarts pass for the last try???

5. lismore_fan

lismore_fan Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +206 / 1
    Not expecting anything (ho-hum) but looking forward to Snake's miracle passes that we've been loving for years.

6. lloydy

lloydy Active Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    I reckon T-rex is going to kill it this year!!

7. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    kills what, his reputation for being sluggish and lazy?

8. Reggie 12

Reggie 12 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0

[/quote] Yeah kill it lol if I hear the rubbish about how he is going to play second row again I'm going to spew. We signed him on big dollars and this is his 3rd and hopefully last season with us and from the moment we signed him we were told he was going to play second row. He has more talent then most but he is the laziest player I have seen since Kevin Iro

9. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    I know Trex is tongan but i would love to make a joke about them being Kiwi's to piss Kiwi off! ;-)

10. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74

[/quote] Yeah kill it lol if I hear the rubbish about how he is going to play second row again I'm going to spew. We signed him on big dollars and this is his 3rd and hopefully last season with us and from the moment we signed him we were told he was going to play second row. He has more talent then most but he is the laziest player I have seen since Kevin Iro
    [/quote]

To be fair the club never told us he would be a second rower, that was just made up fancies of the fans and nothing more.

If he can pick up his urgency I may be converted to a fan, but he just isn't showing enough urgency and consistency for mine.

11. davohan123

davohan123 Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +985 / 56
    I didn’t want to start another thread but from everyone on this website
    I can sincerely say to Brett Stewart may you have a safe and prosperous return tomorrow to the NRL
    What you have been through no one can comprehend, we all just hope that you can take your frustrations out on the storm; we are all behind you and the team 100 %
    May you and the whole team have a better year than the last 2 years

12. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    Up the Snake!

13. lloydy

lloydy Active Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    T-Rex was payed overs and they always said it will take a couple of seasons so we will soon see.

14. Reggie 12

Reggie 12 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0

[/quote]

To be fair the club never told us he would be a second rower, that was just made up fancies of the fans and nothing more.

If he can pick up his urgency I may be converted to a fan, but he just isn't showing enough urgency and consistency for mine.
    [/quote] You sure I will link you to an article with crusher talking about him when we signed him http://www.rleague.com/content/article.php?id=30525
    [hr]Post  automatically merged: [time]1299815835[/time][hr]
    Were is Kiwi he hasn't posted for a while, maybe got a job ;)

15. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    I don't know if anyone else read the T-Rex article in RLW, but I liked a lot of the stuff coming from his mouth

He is expecting to move into the forwards this year, and has lifted his fitness accordingly

Here are a few quotes

"My expectations going into this season are as high as they have ever been. I've got no problems with my hamstrings and the training programme I am on has really built up my stamina, which is something that I had to do in order to keep the consistency in my game"

"My running has also got a lot better and I think I have picked up a bit of pace. Im confident this year is really going to be my year and when my teammates are looking for someone to produce something special, I want to be the person able to do that"

"In the past, I probably havent gone looking for the ball as much but this year, I'll certainly be doing that. I've been training with the backs and the forwards throughout the summer and I'm looking forward to the chance to play in the pack"

Sure, they are only words, but if they are backed up we could have a weapon, apparently des set him some hefty goals over the off season which he has hit as well

16. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I know what I would love on Saturday night. Smith drifting wide looking to throw a tricky one to the winger and doesn't see a hulking T who just smashes him deep into the turf. He's dazed, he rises, he stumbles, someone calls for the stretcher.

17. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Please, could he be dazed from having had slater thrown at him from close range by T.

18. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    Can we find another as good as him?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNLzoAcImfI&feature=related[/youtube]

19. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZhVl1DlWLI[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxvaz8RidjM[/youtube]