Server / Forum Move phase 1 completed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Haha no problems though I may upset you when I say I need to do anothr change today but will wait until everyone is offline

Thanks for your help Dan. Have no idea what I did, but back on here now. You are a treasure. :)

Dan said:
Haha no problems though I may upset you when I say I need to do anothr change today but will wait until everyone is offline

Bad gateway 502. Means there's a problem with the website not your PC. I googled that.:)
Thought Dan's doing some improvement stuff. so all is Awesome for Silvertails.

niccipops said:
Dan said:

Bad gateway 502. Means there's a problem with the website not your PC. I googled that.:)
Thought Dan's doing some improvement stuff. so all is Awesome for Silvertails.

Correct, basically being hit with so many connections that PHP-fpm crashes, I tuned that more and now spread the load across all of our 3 CPU cores and changed the connection parameters, so I should now see a decline in that error, if it arises again I will do further investigation, but should be sweet now.

Mavin said:
Dan I fairly new to the forum and thank you for all the hard work you do to have it run so well. 1 question is there an ignore feature like some sites? If so how do I go about it.

Cheers

Don't answer Dan! Lol.

Mavin said:
Dan I fairly new to the forum and thank you for all the hard work you do to have it run so well. 1 question is there an ignore feature like some sites? If so how do I go about it. I have sorted it thanks Dan
Cheers

we are moving to new forum software in a few weeks so you may need to reset it

Dan said:
Mavin said:
Dan I fairly new to the forum and thank you for all the hard work you do to have it run so well. 1 question is there an ignore feature like some sites? If so how do I go about it. I have sorted it thanks Dan
Cheers

we are moving to new forum software in a few weeks so you may need to reset it

No Problem Dan

Cheers

For me Silvertails was offline for the whole of the 25/10 on my phone and PC. I thought some work was being done but just wondering if anyone else experienced the same. The message was the server couldn't be found.
I'm with Telstra if that accounts for anything.

Hey all,

For those have trouble on IPad and iPhone, you will need to change the DNS address to 8.8.8.8

You do this by selecting the "info" icon next to the network you are linked to in settings.

I tired everything and this worked perfectly!

Anthony

anthonyb1965 said:
Hey all,

For those have trouble on IPad and iPhone, you will need to change the DNS address to 8.8.8.8

You do this by selecting the "info" icon next to the network you are linked to in settings.

I tired everything and this worked perfectly!

Anthony

In addition to what Mr Anthony just said......

Important: Before you start

Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS, be sure to write down the current server addresses or settings on a piece of paper. It is very important that you keep these numbers for backup purposes, in case you need to revert to them at any time.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

I've been checking in frequently (as per my long-standing addiction) but have scarcely been able to access the site for several days. On pc, ipad or mobile.

I was just starting to remember what life was like before ...!!!

(at first I thought the Penn's might have paid off Dan to shut for a while in the wake of their takeover) ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4