select your manly forum team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This is a joke but there is a lot of releveance to the team and the forum. The forum in many ways reflect Manly. Everything that can be said about the team and the club can be said about the forum. Im not using any names as its not vindictive, just fun. But im sure many will try

2011 is a new season. Its been a long arduious off season. Off field performance overshadowed what the posters were able to produce on line.Many posters bought the game into disrepute by continually drinking and posting. At times it was a fractured babbling group, but all had the same goal , a big 2011 in the marroon and white pages

No doubt 2008 was the best forum year in recent memory. The posters were on a roll, Almost everything written turned to gold. There was a great blend of youth, experience and hunger and, the team spririt was high. But its now 2011 and some are older and slower, some have bigger egos that reflect there higher standings in society, or pay packet, and some just go along for the ride

No doubt some of the long time scribes have seen better days, have lost the hunger and as they close in on retirement are less likely to appreciate the new blood that are appearing all over the place. Maybe they have stayed too long, the salary cap and Dans servers can only take so much. Champions know when to call it a day

The new blood, some of which havnt posted in first grade ( do you believe they have an opinion too) have come out all guns blazing looking for the respect they deserve. Wanting to be part of the team, just wanting some recognition but have to encounter the simon woolford of team mates as they earn there stripes. Stick in there i say, your opinions are worthy and offer balance. With the judiciary of 2011 they cant say or do anything that should cause you any concern. We just want consistent referreeing

We have some defence based posters. The poster that are always there to shine a positive light on a flogging, they are the team players, they will defend graham lowes grandmother if she was picked on the bench in origin. They are the players we all want to play with, in the trenches

The attackers, the flashy opinionated types that can attack a game plan, recruitment and even the shape of the nozzle on the drink bottles with a voice of authority. They love opinions as long as they mirror there own and are always the first to get nasty when someone offers a view that may not be theres. Every team needs one, maybe 2 but a good team needs balance and a captian that can take them aside once in a while, a flog the living **** of them. They generally turn in a MOM staright after and are amongst the first picked as when on there game offer plenty.

We have posters with poor work ethic. The ones that spend all day at work on the forum and then reckon george rose doesnt do enough work

We have speed men the wingers. The guys that only post well when its one on one

We have our fullbacks, the last line of defence, those that never ever give up and would always put there body on the line for the team. No matter what

We have our cliffys, those who hold there opinions in 2 hands, display it and deliver it based on what looks like the sweetest option at the time

We have our kickers, the super boots. Those that only venture onto the forum to lay the boot in

The bench, mainly the guests who watch forever until they see there time for some input or until someone posts something they just cant resisit, they jump on make some impact . Some love the experienece, and become househiold names, while others hate the exposure that first grade brings and snuggle off into the sunset never to be seen or heard of again

Every team has a clown too

We have coach minded posters, we have those who believe we should be marketed better, we have some who fancy themselves as a CEO and even some who recognise there role is to be a fan, but its all there. Which one are YOU ???

Maybe as many say, at seasons end its time to put a broom through the place

PS. they is not doubt a couple even posess goat photos. They have too

there are a few similar threads floating around with these over the years, i'm sure someone with more time can dig them up if they feel inclined

I am the poster version of a Des Hasler. Principled, with a clear plan, unconditional loyalty and great determination. Plus he has my hair. I want it back.

I'm more like Gorgeous George!!

Carrying a bit of lunch,good on the tooth,love a schooner and offer a small fraction from the side-line..

But then again!
There's several George Rose's on here ;)

Fro link said:
there are a few similar threads floating around with these over the years, i'm sure someone with more time can dig them up if they feel inclined

If you want to dig up some classic threads search for our virtual rugby league stuff from a couple of years back.  Some rip snorters of team write ups in there. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7