1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seems we just missed out on Aaron Woods

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Chip and Chase, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Interesting read this article. Woods was a massive Manly fan as a kid and we made him a pretty good offer last year which he eventually turned down. He played well today and was the best prop out there. Would have been a good get to replace Kitey.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/onetime-manly-fan-aaron-woods-gives-wests-tigers-pack-a-punch-20140405-zqr3x.html

2. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,808 / 53
    He is a gun. I'm looking forward to seeing him in a blues jersey. Didn't like him in a Tigers one today.

3. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,078 / 26
    What were we planning on paying him with ? Doritos ?

Last time I checked we have salary cap issues. We're not the Scumdogs who have no cap.

We've got guys off contract that we're struggling to keep. I'll just be happy if Gift, Hiku and Ferris can be retained.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Simon, it was last year, so I assume before we made offers to Starling, Lui, Andrews, etc.

5. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    His performance yesterday was the best by a prop all season. He should be in the NSW team. As a local junior it's refreshing to see that he stuck by his club.

6. Buchanan

Buchanan New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Know for a fact that he he didn't get close to signing with manly. Had signed with the tigers before a very informal question was asked by manly.

7. The Prince of Brookvale

The Prince of Brookvale Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    He is going great guns at the moment. In the blue jersey last year, he was ordinary. Made 17 metres in game 3.

8. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,632 / 74
    Maybe he just used the rumour to push his price up - tigers panicked and offered more