1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Second up for grabs

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by simon64, May 12, 2013.

1. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,081 / 27
    Winner tomorrow night takes second spot after the Scum got rolled tonight.

Do we have a definitive decision on the make up of the side ?

Personally, I think we have the quality to get the chocolates if we don't lose focus.

2. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,654 / 14
    History, and my pessimistic side, says we will get rolled.
    My optimistic side says we will beat these over acheiving Rooters that haven't beaten anything of note.

3. Pittwater Legend

Pittwater Legend Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +780 / 28
    If we keep going the way we are going then first will eventually become up for grabs.

Barring injuries/suspensions I think we have a team that can finish first and take out the premiership.

4. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    If Snake was playing i would be confident but without him our chances drop dramatically. It will be our best win if we can pull it off.

5. cherry_poppins

cherry_poppins Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,038 / 131
    Are we celebrating that the toothless rabbletohs are winning the comp?

6. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    Look what crawled out from under the bridge - troll!

7. Blake

Blake Active Member

North Narrabeen
    Ratings:
    +90 / 1
    The problem here is that there are at least 3 other teams in the same position. And that's not including the "smokies". Dogs are starting to find form, Cronulla have stepped up without Gallen involved and its hard not to take notice of Canberra these days. I hope the players aren't getting caught up in feeling like they must win tomorrow night. I hope they are thinking big picture and motivating themselves for consistent form over the origin period, which will hopefully carry us through the "glory bound" rounds.
    I'd rather be somewhere in the top 4 at the end of the season instead of 2nd in May, and stumble our way through due to the weight of expectations as a result.

8. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,081 / 27
    Out of the top 4 sides, the Scum will struggle even more than they have this week and last week. The Bunnies lose GI and maybe Merritt. Be interesting to see how much they rely on him. My guess is heaps.

The Rooters will lose Pearce and maybe Moloney.

We only lose Choc as Snake will still be out injured and Gift will be overlooked and rightly so.

9. Cliffymagic

Cliffymagic Active Member

Ratings:
    +143 / 2
    i think the bunnies are lucky they have G.burgess . Is the 1 player id like see manly sign up!

10. TWO DOGS

TWO DOGS Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Berry
    Ratings:
    +429 / 1
    Do you like divers?

11. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Torana, we won against the goons with Brett off the field. We will win this. Stevie to slay them.

12. Spuds Bodyguard

Spuds Bodyguard Active Member

Taree, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    We won the game, but we only scored 6 points with Brett out. All the hard work was done in the first half.

I agree with the sentiment though... Skivvy back is a massive bonus.

13. Cliffymagic

Cliffymagic Active Member

Ratings:
    +143 / 2
    no, i thk he was more shocked than diving, and he's easily one of the best props going round at the moment.

14. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    The goons are not anywhere near as good as the Roosters imo. Also most of our points were scored while Snake was on the field.

15. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    I'm with you, a diver is someone who get tapped and stays down

Burgess got absolutely smashed for the 1st time this season, anyone who has played and taken a big shot knows how it feels
    [hr]
    No point comparing who did what to who and against who, tonight is a fresh game and all that means nothing

Look at Penrith, lost to some rubbish teams but beat Melbourne well last night