Second Game Day Thread:

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly stuffed up plenty in attack. Dropped balls and looked lost at times. But..that was a very gutsy game. What I want from Manly as a supporter is 100% effort and they gave that tonight. Disappointed in the loss not in the team.

mickqld said:
3 penalty goals would have won the game. Why the f**k wouldn't you take easy points in a game you know will be won by a small margin. Both sides defense was outstanding so the coach and captain should know to take points on offer. Utter madness and it cost us a win.

You think if the score was 4-2 they would have kept deliberately giving away the penalties ? Not a chance

Kiwi Eagle said:
mickqld said:
3 penalty goals would have won the game. Why the f**k wouldn't you take easy points in a game you know will be won by a small margin. Both sides defense was outstanding so the coach and captain should know to take points on offer. Utter madness and it cost us a win.

You think if the score was 4-2 they would have kept deliberately giving away the penalties ? Not a chance

Exactly what i am saying. It would have put more pressure on them not to conceed penalties which may have led to more chance of defensive errors. They may have not given as many away but there may have been more chance of them making errors.

niccipops said:
Manly stuffed up plenty in attack. Dropped balls and looked lost at times. But..that was a very gutsy game. What I want from Manly as a supporter is 100% effort and they gave that tonight. Disappointed in the loss not in the team.

Well said

Technical Coach said:
we tried hard in attack but still way too lateral with not much attacking directness or penetration.

For such a low scoring game that was so defense intensive, i disagree about our attack. We had them up the middle and I mean that with no two ways about it. The only thing that stymied us was the 5 (3 choc+2 Symonds) errors. Plus one impossibly screwed up touch finder. (a more wft moment i have never seen, lol)

From mid way in the 1ST HALF we had them cracked right up the centre of the park if we only had been able to maintain pressure. More short passes off the hip to running back rowers would have changed that game significantly. The roosters would have been busted.

Sterlo said, post match, that Manly will have major phsychological difficulties if we meet the roosters again. IMO, that misses the mark bigtime, we have them if we want them.

Very disappointing loss, but you can't fault either teams effort out there. Dropped balls aside, both teams were outstanding in defense. If I'm right, we actually lost the game without the Roosters making a line break.

The only thing I'm glad about is that we've at last had a finals game this year where the refs aren't the biggest talking point.

mickqld said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
mickqld said:

Exactly what i am saying. It would have put more pressure on them not to conceed penalties which may have led to more chance of defensive errors. They may have not given as many away but there may have been more chance of them making errors.

Hindsight has 20/20 vision mick. But if we play them again like in a gf we should take every penalty kick we can

Jatz Crackers said:
niccipops said:

Well said

Technical Coach said:
we tried hard in attack but still way too lateral with not much attacking directness or penetration.

For such a low scoring game that was so defense intensive, i disagree about our attack. We had them up the middle and I mean that with no two ways about it. The only thing that stymied us was the 5 (3 choc+2 Symonds) errors. Plus one impossibly screwed up touch finder. (a more wft moment i have never seen, lol)

From mid way in the 1ST HALF we had them cracked right up the centre of the park if we only had been able to maintain pressure. More short passes off the hip to running back rowers would have changed that game significantly. The roosters would have been busted.

Sterlo said, post match, that Manly will have major phsychological difficulties if we meet the roosters again. IMO, that misses the mark bigtime, we have them if we want them.

It was more in reference to our spreads, too lateral, too deep and not enough prior work done in the lead up to make a conducive environment for the spreads to work. At times trying to finesse and not go through on the edges either but easier said than done when defences jam in hard on the hole runners.

CAMBO said:
Hiku isn't Brett but the kid is an exceptional prospect. He deserved his man of the match tonight

That made me really proud, it was a true Manly moment.

The kid is a "few game" debutant and thrown into a cauldron against a hot Roosters outfit, against the odds & yet here we are with the 9 team recognising him for outstanding play despite being in a losing team.

If we go no further this year I am supremely proud of Peta Hiku for that alone.

Technical Coach said:
It was more in reference to our spreads, too lateral, too deep and not enough prior work done in the lead up to make a conducive environment for the spreads to work. At times trying to finesse and not go through on the edges either but easier said than done when defences jam in hard on the hole runners.

Robinson had our spreads worked out at the start of this year.

Jatz Crackers said:
CAMBO said:
Hiku isn't Brett but the kid is an exceptional prospect. He deserved his man of the match tonight

That made me really proud, it was a true Manly moment.

The kid is a "few game" debutant and thrown into a cauldron against a hot Roosters outfit, against the odds & yet here we are with the 9 team recognising him for outstanding play despite being in a losing team.

If we go no further this year I am supremely proud of Peta Hiku for that alone.

Technical Coach said:

Robinson had our spreads worked out at the start of this year.

Makes you wonder what do we do with him next year he's too good for nsw cup

CAMBO said:
Jatz Crackers said:
CAMBO said:

2015 is going to be interesting isnt it.

Is 2014 gonna be boring :D

I was about to say no way, but then thought for a minute. It might well be.

lol !

CAMBO said:
Jatz Crackers said:
CAMBO said:

2015 is going to be interesting isnt it.

Is 2014 gonna be boring :D

You would assume Wolf is signed up for the 2 years. Tafua signed to end of 14, Matai 15, and Lyon to 15+.

So unless Tafua bails and Hiku replaces him, yep 2014 is going to be mind numbing.

How are we going to fit in Hoppa when he returns to the promised land of gods country ? Where the hell are we going to fit all these talented backs in I ask you ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6