Second Game Day Thread:

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
too many mistakes in crucial times...

they were gone when ballin missed the touch finder...

very hard from here..

Jerry1 said:
Stewart plays we would have won

Yeah unfortunately even Hiku having an outstanding game does not make up for Snakes experience, especially in attack.

Jerry1 said:

Spot on.

Look, no one is a bigger fan of Snake than I am and I am on the record as saying he has earned the right to choose when he retires, but FFS he is out more than he is in and Hiku can't settle and grow unless it's his position week in week out.

Brett, have a long hard think during the long disappointing off season.

Jerry1 said:

Hiku not one mistake , safe at FB . he had a great game...

our attack looked lost at times , but that defense tonight is the best ive ever seen !!!

cant blame anyone !!!

panash said:
Jerry1 said:

Hiku not one mistake , safe at FB . he had a great game...

our attack looked lost at times , but that defense tonight is the best ive ever seen !!!

cant blame anyone !!!

No I can't fault him either. Outstanding effort. Not what my post meant to infur.

There ya go - hiku man of the match

The only area Brett would of made a difference is in the sharpness of the second man and wrap around plays but to be honest Roosters would of had that covered.

Hiku was very hesitant in those plays too deep and sideways and not really sucking in any defenders. Other than that he attacks the ball on kick returns runs it back with good purpose and footwork a tough composed confident player.

In the end it is the same pattern in five games against the top 2 teams, dominate field position, line breaks, tackles in red zone but the red zone attack not good enough.

In saying that you have to give respect where respect is due great defence from both sides, we tried hard in attack but still way too lateral with not much attacking directness or penetration.

I will say it again defence keeps you in games attack is required to win games.

Yeah i know from the Roosters perspective you might think defence won them the game but it was more a combination of an attack that tried hard but not good enough and great commitment in defence to put pressure on our execution forcing us to play more lateral.

If the stats for the amount of tackles in the red zone was reversed i'm sure the Roosters would have put on one more try and that is the difference at the moment.

Brett will offer more in attack(sharpness wise) obviously but lets not overstate or rely on his return to add that difference because it won't be enough with that mentality.

3 penalty goals would have won the game. Why the **** wouldn't you take easy points in a game you know will be won by a small margin. Both sides defense was outstanding so the coach and captain should know to take points on offer. Utter madness and it cost us a win.

• 👍
Reactions: God
Technical Coach said:
The only area Brett would of made a difference is in the sharpness of the second man and wrap around plays but to be honest Roosters would of had that covered.

Hiku was very hesitant in those plays too deep and sideways and not really sucking in any defenders. Other than that he attacks the ball on kick returns runs it back with good purpose and footwork a tough composed confident player.

In the end it is the same pattern in five games against the top 2 teams, dominate field position, line breaks, tackles in red zone but the red zone attack not good enough.

In saying that you have to give respect where respect is due great defence from both sides, we tried hard in attack but still way too lateral with not much attacking directness or penetration.

I will say it again defence keeps you in games attack is required to win games.

Yeah i know from the Roosters perspective you might think defence won them the game but it was more a combination of an attack that tried hard but not good enough and great commitment in defence to put pressure on our execution forcing us to play more lateral.

If the stats for the amount of tackles in the red zone was reversed i'm sure the Roosters would have put on one more try and that is the difference at the moment.

Brett will offer more in attack(sharpness wise) obviously but lets not overstate or rely on his return to add that difference because it won't be enough with that mentality.
I agree to an extent. I think any other team bar the roosters we wouldn't have noticed.
Hiku isn't Brett but the kid is an exceptional prospect. He deserved his man of the match tonight

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2