Season still alive

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Manly are only 2 wins out of the 8 & realistially could easily have won 3-4 more games & be 4th or 5th.
Being realistic they dont deserve that position but it shows theres not too many consistent teams & what an open comp 2015 is.
When confidence is down & things are not going your way its easy to find a way to lose, like the games against Nth Qld, Penrith & also the Dogs & Illawarra were there for the take.
Combine some bad luck , injuries & at times - lack of belief & it can become frustrating.
At least Saturday nights game showed character & want - the performance would have been enough to beat most teams, but the Cows are a team that can pull a game from the fire & thats simply all it was.
At this stage its Cows & Roosters imo who look the goods but Broncos & Melbourne are not far off...theres a fair break back to Souths who without Reynolds - look average at best.
The loss of Sam Burgess who got them over the line in many tough games, plus the departure of the underrated Teo has them much softer with the physical game their trump card in recent seasons, giving room for Luke & Inglis to exploit.
Manly even with the full squad are off the pace with the top guns imo, but can compete with anyone if able to sneak into the 8, which is the most open in recent memory & a real possability at full strength.
Illawarra have shown attitude is a winning formula & that McGregor has worked miracles with a limited team who compete all day but realistically come finals, cant see them raising to the required next level as they are already at 100% which is a credit to them.
The Manly season though on a thread can turn quickly, this Friday vs Brisbane would be ideal but its a massive ask up there ....who knows, with a similar effort they give a chance to start a 2nd half season resurgence.

We've got 13 matches to play, and one bye.

I reckon from here we need to win 2 for every one we lose, and if we do that, we'll end on 28 or 30 points!

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
I think we may be able to sneak into 8th position. 6th, 7th and 8th will be fought out by the Worriers, Panthers, Dogs and, hopefully, us.

We can do it but it will be tough. We need to win 9 out of 13 games to finish with 28 points. Wake me up if you think I am dreaming???????????????

I think in our next 5 we play, Broncos, Tigers, Souths, Sharks,Titans

We'd need to win 4 of those....obviously Tigers, Sharks, Titans and one of Souths and Broncos

Possible but not at all likely

Season still alive? Admire the optimism but the post is very, very funny .......... We have about as much chance of making the 8 as Zorba walking past a tray of pies and not eating one.
Perhaps, if they were vegetable pies . . .
Hey, we might still be a chance for the eight!

Season still alive? Admire the optimism but the post is very, very funny .......... We have about as much chance of making the 8 as Zorba walking past a tray of pies and not eating one.
Look forward to talking to you in 6 - 7 weeks Wombat - could be hilarious by that time.

My bet would be here

magicland_mini.jpg

In the last 4 games we are 2-2 have lost by 1 and 4 points.

Our defence has improved a lot letting in just 45 points in 4 games, equal best with the roosters (previous 4 games).

Keep improving like that and we will win a few more yet

From what I have seen on the field I absolutely believe we can scrape into the eight, and even do a little damage, particularly if we can build on that great defence pointed out by the great Fluffy.

The problem is it just feels like everything is conspiring against this team - injuries, the NRL, even the Manly powerbrokers "banking" on Manly losing games so they can bring an outsider in.

I have never felt so irrelevant and powerless being a fan of this rugby league club.

NYEagle

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4