1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season still alive

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by maxta, Jun 1, 2015.

1. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,357 / 56
    Manly are only 2 wins out of the 8 & realistially could easily have won 3-4 more games & be 4th or 5th.
    Being realistic they dont deserve that position but it shows theres not too many consistent teams & what an open comp 2015 is.
    When confidence is down & things are not going your way its easy to find a way to lose, like the games against Nth Qld, Penrith & also the Dogs & Illawarra were there for the take.
    Combine some bad luck , injuries & at times - lack of belief & it can become frustrating.
    At least Saturday nights game showed character & want - the performance would have been enough to beat most teams, but the Cows are a team that can pull a game from the fire & thats simply all it was.
    At this stage its Cows & Roosters imo who look the goods but Broncos & Melbourne are not far off...theres a fair break back to Souths who without Reynolds - look average at best.
    The loss of Sam Burgess who got them over the line in many tough games, plus the departure of the underrated Teo has them much softer with the physical game their trump card in recent seasons, giving room for Luke & Inglis to exploit.
    Manly even with the full squad are off the pace with the top guns imo, but can compete with anyone if able to sneak into the 8, which is the most open in recent memory & a real possability at full strength.
    Illawarra have shown attitude is a winning formula & that McGregor has worked miracles with a limited team who compete all day but realistically come finals, cant see them raising to the required next level as they are already at 100% which is a credit to them.
    The Manly season though on a thread can turn quickly, this Friday vs Brisbane would be ideal but its a massive ask up there ....who knows, with a similar effort they give a chance to start a 2nd half season resurgence.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    Yep, only need a small run of 3 or 4 wins to put up back on the fringe.

3. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    Agree but its fading rapidly.

The difference between the good teams and those at the bottom is the ability to win the close matches. We have lost that ability.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,801 / 122
    We've got 13 matches to play, and one bye.

I reckon from here we need to win 2 for every one we lose, and if we do that, we'll end on 28 or 30 points!

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,842 / 103
    I think we may be able to sneak into 8th position. 6th, 7th and 8th will be fought out by the Worriers, Panthers, Dogs and, hopefully, us.

6. Sea Eagle 4 Life

Sea Eagle 4 Life Active Member

Ratings:
    +262 / 6
    We can do it but it will be tough. We need to win 9 out of 13 games to finish with 28 points. Wake me up if you think I am dreaming???????????????

7. Wombat64

Wombat64 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Church Point
    Ratings:
    +1,373 / 37
    Season still alive? Admire the optimism but the post is very, very funny .......... We have about as much chance of making the 8 as Zorba walking past a tray of pies and not eating one.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Ironstine Ironstine x 1
  8. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,240 / 37
    I think in our next 5 we play, Broncos, Tigers, Souths, Sharks,Titans

We'd need to win 4 of those....obviously Tigers, Sharks, Titans and one of Souths and Broncos

Possible but not at all likely

9. The Who

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,842 / 103
    Perhaps, if they were vegetable pies . . .
    Hey, we might still be a chance for the eight!

10. maxta

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,357 / 56
    Look forward to talking to you in 6 - 7 weeks Wombat - could be hilarious by that time.

11. Terry Zarsoff

Terry Zarsoff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,553 / 68
    I just can't wait for it to end. I just hope they can avoid the spoon. Currently I'm reliving the 1979/80/85/89/92/99/Northern Eagles era/2003/04 seasons in my head, whilst hoping for a 1974/77/98/2009-like salvage job.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    WAKE UP JEFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Vyssini

Vyssini Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +464 / 1
    I hope I'm wrong, but I am very very close to booking a family holiday in September...

14. The Who

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,842 / 103
    Townsville, Brisbane, Melbourne and possibly Auckland could be hosting finals matches - all suitable holiday destinations. The difficult decision is knowing in which of these cities Manly will be playing the hosts . . .

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,552 / 32
    My bet would be here

magicland_mini.jpg

16. maxta

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,357 / 56
    Let me tell ya Moondog - I can have Manly play anywhere on PS3 Rugby league Live 2....@:D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    In the last 4 games we are 2-2 have lost by 1 and 4 points.

Our defence has improved a lot letting in just 45 points in 4 games, equal best with the roosters (previous 4 games).

Keep improving like that and we will win a few more yet

18. weev

weev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +684 / 17
    We can't do it without Trendy Trent.

19. danny-boy

danny-boy Active Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 2
    If we can win our remaining 7 home games we'll make the 8. I'm not giving up hope yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. NYEagle

NYEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,154 / 69
    From what I have seen on the field I absolutely believe we can scrape into the eight, and even do a little damage, particularly if we can build on that great defence pointed out by the great Fluffy.

The problem is it just feels like everything is conspiring against this team - injuries, the NRL, even the Manly powerbrokers "banking" on Manly losing games so they can bring an outsider in.

I have never felt so irrelevant and powerless being a fan of this rugby league club.

NYEagle

• Friendly Friendly x 1