Season stats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

effnic

Reserve Grader
Player stats:

Most points in the nrl
James Maloney - 144
Adam reynolds - 138
Jamie Lyon - 136

Most tries in the nrl
James McManus - 16
David Simmonds - 15
Jorge Taufua - 14

Most Try assists
Adam Reynolds - 19
Mitchell Peacre/Todd Carney - 16
Kieran Foran/ Brett Stewart - 14

Most Tackles
Shaun Fensom - 809
Matt Ballin - 789
Kevin Kingston - 719

Most Line breaks
Jorge Taufua - 26
Daylight
David Simmonds - 19

Line break assists
Mitchell Pearce - 14
Dean Whare - 12
Brett Stewart - 11

Most hit-ups
Andrew Fifita - 267
Aaron Woods - 264
Anthony Watmough - 247

Club stats:

Best attack in the nrl
Rabbits - 424
Roosters - 418
Manly - 385

Best Defense in the nrl
Rooster - 197
Rabbits - 230
Manly - 240

Most tries
Rabbits - 73
Roosters - 72
Manly - 71

Try Assists
Roosters - 60
Manly - 53
Rabbits - 51

Line breaks
Roosters - 92
Manly - 89
Rabbits - 77

Line break assists
Roosters - 65
Manly - 53
Rabbits - 52

Hit-ups
Manly - 2767
Penrith - 2748
Knights - 2727

Source NRL.COM

Wow shows we are travelling fairly well

Hopefully another big score against the tigers will push alot of those stats right up. I didnt realize Taufua was so close to be leading try scorer. I will be celebrating every one of his tries even more now. Would love for him to get an award at the dally m's.

The most tries stat was the biggest suprise for me .Manly coming third with only 2 less tries than anyone else..I thought we have been really struggling in Attack....

Most stupid loses MANLY. Should have Beaten:
The Titans , we lost on goal kicking.
Storm, Extra point.
NZ we lost 18-16,
Dogs Extra point.
That is 7 competition points right there.
The stats say we are right in this thing and just need to win the tight ones.

Come on people read the stats in a way that makes use of them not just admire the numbers. Apply a standard deviation, ask what teams we played against and their form, remove the last 3 weeks, what type of passes do they constitute as an assist etc etc.
What about how many slow and fast play the balls, how many offload assists from forwards, how many tries up the middle, how effective are our tackles, how often do we win the collision the list goes on and on.

bones said:
Most eggs put on the faces of poor judges- Brett Stewart.

Not really bones but yesterday was more the old Brett now lets see that week in week out against all opposition.

Technical Coach said:
Come on people read the stats in a way that makes use of them not just admire the numbers. Apply a standard deviation, ask what teams we played against and their form, remove the last 3 weeks, what type of passes do they constitute as an assist etc etc.
What about how many slow and fast play the balls, how many offload assists from forwards, how many tries up the middle, how effective are our tackles, how often do we win the collision the list goes on and on.

bones said:

Not really bones but yesterday was more the old Brett now lets see that week in week out against all opposition.

Yes, really TC. Excluding when he has been out injured, he has been doing it week in week out against all opposition for 7 years or 8 years.

Yeah stats show we are a really strong side. Hopefully it all starts coming together.

If killer had of kicked all his conversions against titans he would be leading points scorer.

Nah, think I'll read them thar stats how I want.

Tends to be how everyone else reads and interprets stats.

Go Manly!

Technical Coach said:

bones said:

Why exclude the last 3 weeks of data? None of the other clubs will exclude their games against the bottom teams. Only reason to doctor the data is for you to pat yourself on the back again as far as I can tell.

Since we are making stupid data doctoring I am going to exclude 3 sides from the table at random. *rolls dice* .......... Souths, Roosters and Storm.

WE"RE NUMBER 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fluffy said:
Technical Coach said:

bones said:

Why exclude the last 3 weeks of data? None of the other clubs will exclude their games against the bottom teams. Only reason to doctor the data is for you to pat yourself on the back again as far as I can tell.

Since we are making stupid data doctoring I am going to exclude 3 sides from the table at random. *rolls dice* .......... Souths, Roosters and Storm.

WE"RE NUMBER 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was expecting such a reply the point being the last three weeks we have played against well under strength and very weak opposition that is why you apply a standard deviation to show numbers that are more reflective of performance.

I was suggesting all clubs should look at stats in the same way not just singling out Manly to doctor the input data to suit my analysis.

I'm not saying we have not improved as I have stated before Toovey has improved Manly in many areas along with Johns but some of those stats are not a true reflection of how well or not so well we are performing.

bones said:
Technical Coach said:

bones said:

Yes, really TC. Excluding when he has been out injured, he has been doing it week in week out against all opposition for 7 years or 8 years.

Did I suggest he has not been doing it over the years but he has not performed week in week out this year.

I know he is coming back from injury have no issues there but sometimes on this forum having a "Stewart" in your name automatically makes that player have a better performance than it really was. A protect one of our own out of respect mentality is all well and good and should be encouraged as that promotes a good club culture which other clubs would love to have but If I feel he is under par or over-rated in some areas I will state it.

effnic said:
**UPDATE**

Manly now 2nd in defense after souffs leaked 22 points against Dragons.
But that can't be true if we have a Stewart in our team. Enter TC to explain (with more dribble) why manly are not really second in defence.

Some people wouldn't be happy with anything short of perfection. But those people never seem to take time to smell the roses (no not big George).

bones said:
effnic said:
**UPDATE**

Manly now 2nd in defense after souffs leaked 22 points against Dragons.
But that can't be true if we have a Stewart in our team. Enter TC to explain (with more dribble) why manly are not really second in defence.

I've rated our defence many times higher than our attack over the last 5-6 years. Manly have set the bar with line speed, dominant tackles, effective tackles, slowing down the play the ball and pro-active up and in defence which has improved on some of Melbournes own defensive structures.

You guys can take my comments and twist them in a negative light for fun banter(who am I to take your enjoyment away) but like I have mentioned a million times even if our attack or defence is on top of the league I prefer to look at what we can improve than sit back and say "oh wow we really are not travelling that bad".

Even if I was the coach(well this is the coach but imagine if this was not the case lol) I would not be happy leading the comp, leading all the stats and winning a grand final 40-0 other than it keeps me employed on a good salary for an extra year and keeps the fans happy. There is always improvements to be made and that is how I look at things, it's not like I'm trying to be a negative troll--- just giving the average observer something to think about and eventually you will see the light.

Our attitude in defence has been great this year, our scramble and lateral movement have improved big time. In saying that under pressure in the red zone we are not as composed compared to our peak years, we are not as dominant in general play defence as previous years and we are not winning the ruck as much as previous years.

I've stated many times that I think Tooves is doing a good job unlike some people here who ride the bandwagon when we are doing well against easy beats then put the boot in when we struggle against the top teams. A Johns has improved our attack and I was sick to death of people putting the boot into him also. Players themselves have to take responsibility to improve their skillset and become a more rounded player you can't expect Johns to create another A Johns or Cliffy Lyons he just guides them on the right path they should take.

Honestly I think with the lack of depth in our forwards and in some respects a generation behind in our forward stocks(in relation to size, explosiveness and skill levels) it's remarkable that Tooves and the coaching staff have been able to squeeze more juice out of this squad and keep Manly in the top four.

I will make things even clearer for all----I don't rate highly all the attacks in the NRL going back some 25-28yrs and still feel this way---even Melb. In saying that Manly and Melb have had the best attacking structures for years and the best defensive structures for years.(does not mean I am happy with those structures just happy they are better than most)

Souths backline moves are nothing great or even all that sharp but what they lack in creative skill they make up for in strength at the line
and are dangerous one on one. Manly need this strength play up the middle to take pressure off all our over used edge and spread plays and it also helps keep the inside defence tight opening space out wide.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4