Season Review: Off-field drama and Geoff Toovey’s sacking bring Manly’s golden era to an end

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagleheart

Bencher
Season Review: Off-field drama and Geoff Toovey’s sacking bring Manly’s golden era to an end
September 11, 2015 7:00am
Dan Walsh FOX SPORTS

FOR the first time in a decade, Manly’s mark on the NRL finals is felt only by their conspicuous absence.

After the 2015 the club endured, mostly through their own doing, as is the Sea Eagles way, it’s impressive they ended up just two points shy of the top eight.

But all good things — even the good times — must come to an end, and Manly’s 2015 campaign represents a significant changing of the guard.

Read more..........
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...521673139?sv=c142db8bc9a88686c7c3dac0aad182d6

A not so interesting article, highlighting most of what we already know....!

However I liked that it pointed this out..........

"But they also had the hardest draw in the competition — playing the eventual finalists 14 times across the season and only coming up against the bottom four teams four times."

Obviously the NRL are corrupt mongrels......! Our crappy draw along with so many other factors certainly had a hand in where we finished this year.........!

Last edited:
While I disagree with your point because something like that is impossible to foresee, I have no doubt the NRL have been instrumental in doing everything humanly possible to ensure Manly missed the finals this year.
Let's see how one of their loser puppet teams StGeorge go. I'd be surprised if they show any fight, and expect them to be beaten by 20+.

And in the end, it serves the NRL right.

I suggested recently that the draw is done based on the top 8 playing each other twice and those from the top playing the bottom only once BUT I was shot down in flames.

Will be interesting to see the 2016 draw, and if that happens again then yes its an unfair scenario being thrown at us.

As if we needed this draw contrivance to confirm that there is an anti MMWSE conspiracy. Just think about the treatment given to our players by the match review committee, also, that dished out by News Corp. And the blatant bias demonstrated by Shame Hayne and Cecchin, Toady Greenslime. Everything from Brookvale oval surface to how DCE was ridiculed.

I heard someone ring up Talkin' Sport the other day and pretty much summed up our missing the semi's as akin to Long Service Leave - I know it was a tongue in cheek call but...
After 10 straight years of doing the business we're entitled to September off for a change and will resume normal transmission next year.

In regards to the harder draw....
We lost the easy games against 2 of the bottom 4 teams anyway.

Yep, we lost to the Speels twice and Penrith who had as bad a season injury wise as we did.

Off-field drama's aside, those 4 losses definitely hurt us. Had we won even 2 of those games we would be playing this weekend.....o_O Then there is the game in Townsville that we probably should have won.

Even though we might not have had the team to win this years premiership, we're definitely better than at least two teams in the finals (St Merge and Cronulla). Add to the fact that in the past month or so we thrashed both Brisbane and Souffs and it makes missing the finals so hard to take :(

This season is one that got away.

Last edited:
Yep, we lost to the Speels twice and Penrith who had as bad a season injury wise as we did.

Off-field drama's aside, those 4 losses definitely hurt us. Had we won even 2 of those games we would be playing this weekend.....o_O Then there is the game in Townsville that we probably should have won.

Even though we might not have had the team to win this years premiership, we're definitely better than at least two teams in the finals (St Merge and Cronulla). Add to the fact that in the past month or so we thrashed both Brisbane and Souffs and it makes missing the finals so hard to take :(

This season is one that got away.
Agreed. Premiers need to click every week. Our worst this year was pretty bad, but frustratingly, our best was good enough to thrash top 4 teams.

How can the nrl be instrumental in us not making the finals , they weren't the ones throwing the stupid passes and missing the tackles.

Now, where's my tin foil hat gone?????
tinfoil-HAt2.gif

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7