Season Launch - too expensive?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles Terrorist

Reserve Grader
Is it just me or is $150 per ticket a bit steep for the season launch at Brookvale?

I gather it's in a marquee?

And while I'm at it - did anyone notice the spell checker on the forum doesn't think Brookvale is spelt correctly? Isn't that peculiar (blame Des?)

If I was able to and looking at attending I would definitely think twice about paying the $150.00 But itis almost priceless thinking that you will get to spend the afternoon with the Sea Eagles and that you are supporting the Eagles. It is the cost of a jersey, which the memory lasts with you forever(or until you lose your mind).

I'm going, it was $90 in 2004 when we were nuffies. So 150 now for a gf team 8 years later is fair enough IMO

We run events at work and if the cost of hosting this is anything like our events, $150 sounds pretty reasonable. When you factor in the cost of food, booze, AV, staff and setting up the marque I doubt they would be making a great deal.

$200+ for lunch and grog in the Chairman's Lounge on Game Day (cheaper if you're a sponsor or you with someone who is) so $150 for food and entertainment... very realistic!

It's not meant to be a 'pie & peas' night at the Leagues Club!
And at $150 you won't get your general riff-raff (except for the players).

To be honest it is not aimed at the average punter - a bit more top shelf if you know what I mean. $150 for Ross Wilson, the premiers, food/grog and a chance to mingle with players and past greats - good value IMO

Just as a point of interest, most other Clubs are charging $180-$200 for tickets to their Season Launch events.

Trust me, this event is going to be a cracker. You wont be disappointed!

Larissa said:
Just as a point of interest, most other Clubs are charging $180-$200 for tickets to their Season Launch events.

Trust me, this event is going to be a cracker. You wont be disappointed!

I agree, it sounds pretty good.

Any idea on how much the tix will be for the season launch in Canada?

:angel:

I think $150 is a little much but I definitely think that it's worth it. Some clubs don't even open their season launches to the general public.

Unfortunately I can't even drink the booze because I'm on my green P's and gotta drive an hour to Brookie :p

Hey Brookie4eva....copied and pasted from the official site...

Season Launch 2012 24/2/2012 6:00:00 PM
Join our 2011 Premiers as we launch our 2012 season

Held in a spectacular marquee on the sacred field of The Fortress, Brookvale Oval. This event is quite simply a once in a lifetime experience.

Live performances by Ross Wilson of Mondo Rock & Daddy Cool, with his band!

Hosted by Lavazza Eagles Angel, Wendy Harmer & 2UE sports commentator, John Gibbs.

Special Guests include members of 1972 Premiership Team and the Lavazza Eagles Angels.

Cocktail food, beer, wine and soft drink is provided. The event runs from 6pm - 9:30pm.

If you have any questions regarding this event please contact us on 02 9970 3000 or email us at [email protected]

manlyforever08 said:
Unfortunately I can't even drink the booze because I'm on my green P's and gotta drive an hour to Brookie :p

I'm from the bush but hasn't Sydney got thing called Public Transport, so drunks like me can drink and not drive?
I know it's difficult especially if you live north of Mona Vale but the thing finishes at 9.30pm.

It's interesting and I'm glad I don't work for the club. As fans we get dirty about the club moving a game to Perth for money, we get dirty about the price of the season launch but then we would be the first ones to point the finger at the administration if the club couldn't spend the cap and lost players or worst folded.

If I was still in Sydney $150 to attend the launch have a few beers and see some legends of our club that's good value for me.

Exactly Cambo. Also, the event is not supposed to cater to every single fan. Just as Wheel said. If $150 is too much for your budget, too bad.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6