Season is set up well

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
so after 10 rounds were 7 and 3 and 14

add 4 points for the two byes and were 18
so that means 5 out 14 will make the 8
8 or more wins out of the last 14 will get us in the top four

Its going to be an exciting 3 months.

Hopefully we don't pick up any major injuries to throw a spanner into the works

Its a hard road for the boyce.

Just hoping to come away with the 2 points.

We are taking it one week at a time.

Lets see what happens.

over to you lot...................

Cambo said:
so after 10 rounds were 7 and 3 and 14

add 4 points for the two byes and were 18
so that means 5 out 14 will make the 8
8 or more wins out of the last 14 will get us in the top four

Its going to be an exciting 3 months.

That's if we go on the past results of "28 points is the magical number!!" In all honesty I think the Dragons will break off and leave us in their dust. That will leave 5 teams fighting for the last 3 home games: Melbourne, Manly, Brisbane, Cowboys and Bulldogs.

Our luck comes down to the fact that we are the masters of our own destiny this year. Of our last 14 games we play the above 5 teams 7 times. Win those games plus a couple of others and we'll be 2nd.

melbourne play 9 of their last 13 away (and have origin) and I reckon they lose a bunch of them.i think melbourne may finish lower half of 8.we fight it out with broncos and dogs for second IMO.dogs have already played saints twice,melbourne and brisbane and cowboys have played them as well.cowboys,however,struggle to win away.

we need to win the coming games against the good sides to run second but with no origin players other than king it is right on the cards.

Just watched the titan game replay and was fired up for a 'can we win the comp?' thread. Serious question this year imho. So great to see the mighty eagles on the front foot again in a big way. Probably the dragons will go again once they come out of origin duties and get their **** together, but....

positives:
recent gf experience across the park,
matchwinners: b stewart, hopa, foran, lyon
test, origin-experienced players
proven big match players: watmough, matai, ballin, lyon
mongrel in the pigs plus workhorses
experienced coach in the business end games

risks:
inexperience in the halves
maybe one prop short of a full rotation
we haven't played the big guns except the purple ones, so acid tests not passed yet.

Injuries will be key. can b stewart get on the field regularly? if he can, and most other key players stay healthy, I see us as in with a shot if we get to the big one even against the queens who played a competitive but inexperienced roosters last year. top 4 is a realistic expectation from here. let's hope we get to there in good shape.

We did fine for a round 1 clash against the scum and the other losses were unlucky at the end of the day,they came very close to beating souffs and cows on the hooter

DCE and Foran will continue to get better as the year progresses,i love Forans kick out to Robbo

If Foran and Lyon are fit, I can see us going far. Of course we all want Brett fit (hello he's my favourite player - I'm devo every game he is a late withdrawal) but we are traveling pretty good which is a good sign for the future in maybe 5 years.

I'm loving how everyone wrote us off and we are 3rd. I repeat, 3RD. I'm sure everyone thought we'd be down the other end of the ladder. I'm happy and impressed by the boys.

I said 5th at the start of the year, I'd be over the moon with anything higher but I'll stay with what I suggested 5th.

Yeah cambo looking nice at this stage and congrats to the boys for a mighty effort, but so much can happen between now and September.

Lets wait til August to review chances eh

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4