SEAGULLS MYTH BROKEN

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RiverEagle said:
Fascinating stuff!

I've always known us as Sea Eagles, having only just been old enough to fall for Manly as a little kid in the early 70's.

It's ironic that a club as good as any at buying the right players for success, would go to the wall and ultimately almost die, supporting the ARL and not the touted huge dollars with that progressive Super League.

Something special - and perhaps intangible - pumps through the veins of our club to keep it growing and prospering as well as any into the 21st century.

Not the least of which seems to be the foresight and spirit of men like Wally O'Connell, Ken Arthurson, Roy Bull, Bob Fulton to name a mighty few.

Long live the Manly Warringah SEA EAGLES!

LOVE IT.

Any objective reader of the fagan history quoted above would have to conclude manly is the best club ever. The other club histories are so boring.

There are other clubs? Nonsense, you have been misinformed.

Sorry can't help myself, time listen again.

http://youtu.be/FfhjqWLjGVo

If you listen very closely the first 2 mentions is clearly Sea Eagles.
The third time it does sound like Sea Gulls, but then goes on with the words 'the Eagles to win'.
Pretty sure it was just the singer being a bit lazy.

I was having this argument with a mate last Saturday.
A bunch of old blokes with poor enunciation, singing monotonously does not change the history of a club.
Nor does smarmy, snied barbs proliferated by hostile sections of the media.

We never were the Seagulls. There has never been a valid reason for anybody to think we were. Even the "Seagull" jersey is just a funny nickname. The only reason it's funny is because it's supposed to be an Eagle but it didn't come accross too well.

Why do people still want to carry this stuff on? It was dealt with back in the 50's or 60's and that should've been an end to it.

Indeed @Shoe1 ...I think you're right!

We are the best rugby league club ever.

I don't even care if other clubs' histories are more interesting, or potentially better...knowledge and lifelong bias wins out!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4