SeaEagles v Sharks @Brookie Rd6 Heritage round Game day thread #GoManly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Pick the Margin Manly v Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol, i accidentally pressed on Sharks 13+. Really need some sleep. Was meant to pick us 13+

Every time I see this level of confidence (read over confidence) we seem to get our pants pulled down.

I agree that IF we play to our potential we should smash em, but I have a niggling feeling in the pit of my stomach that tells me an ambush is in the making here.

Yep. We always get ambushed when overconfidence is in the air.

However, they will struggle to score points without Carney. Our for and against may just skyrocket up the green this weekend.

Ralphie said:
Every time I see this level of confidence (read over confidence) we seem to get our pants pulled down.

I agree that IF we play to our potential we should smash em, but I have a niggling feeling in the pit of my stomach that tells me an ambush is in the making here.

So true, this is how i feel about this Sunday, can't wait for Sunday Arvo footy but slighty nervous about it. Big expectation that we will win by large margin doesn't bode well for us alot of the time and we struggle but hopefully we overcome it this week. With Carney out we should strangle them out of the game surely!!

We have win as I'm going with a Sharks fan and a Norths fan so will get a bagging if we lose!

Hi there,

Not sure yet exactly who from the 1973 team will be at the game on Sunday.

We will be doing a pre-game presentation of premiership rings for them and having a post-match function with interviews at the Leagues Club Post Match.

Larissa said:
Hi there,

Not sure yet exactly who from the 1973 team will be at the game on Sunday.

We will be doing a pre-game presentation of premiership rings for them and having a post-match function with interviews at the Leagues Club Post Match.

oh man. How awesome is that!!!

@[Larissa]

Hi Larissa, this Sunday at Brookie will there be a jumping castle behind the Hill for the kids?

I really really hate these games....those ones after we have played our hearts out to defeat a top side(s) the week(s) before and then turn up against a side we should beat easily to get our backsides smacked....for example the Titans game last year is one that springs to mind.

Matt Parish, when he was assistant coach, told me when talking about this in Leeds last year that in reality most players are within 1% of ability of each other, barring of course the games superstars.

And then he went on to say that as most of the players are close (in ability) to each other that it's largely their mental attitude that can determine the outcome of a game.

And that's what worries me, mentally are they "up" for this game or mentally are they just thinking of this as a walk in the park!!

MIGOTY in my opinion!!

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
I can't see us peaking this week. I reckon we'll just grind out a solid win and come off they bye fresh and ready for Souths.

Mals said:
@[Larissa]

Hi Larissa, this Sunday at Brookie will there be a jumping castle behind the Hill for the kids?

Larissa said:
No jumping Castle's this weekend, sorry!

I have never had to resist typing something so much on this forum (a witty repose)....as I have after reading these 2 posts.

must.....move......fingers......away....from.....keyboard.....

dowdz said:
Lol, i accidentally pressed on Sharks 13+. Really need some sleep. Was meant to pick us 13+

Well I was all like "lol @ you"

Then I went and did the exact same thing.

:blush:

Stevo said:
I can't see us peaking this week. I reckon we'll just grind out a solid win and come off they bye fresh and ready for Souths.

I'd be happy with that @[Stevo] a win is a win and 2 points are 2 points

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6