SeaEagles v Roosters MnF @FortBrookie Rd9 Gameday thread #GoManly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

pick the Margin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
effnic said:
What the hell is wrong with most of you wanting Hiku to be the fullback?
The guy was literally petrified of catching bombs.
I think just because we won against the sharks that day it blinded most of you.

What are you basing this statement on?

effnic said:

I think your guide dog was explaining the wrong game to you

I'm now more confident about the game on Monday. Mark "the Chin" Gasnier picked the Roosters to win by 13+ on the Sterlo show last night.

susan said:
The other main reason Gutherson isn't an option is that we tend to always turn big clashes into absolute no holds barred physical slugfests(eg souths, dogs) because it is in our DNA and looking at the roosters there are not many shrinking violets in their roster,particularly their pigs.

If ever there was going to be some serious rag dolling then this would be it.

I agree completely. It's the same as Meritt playing Origin. Anyone remember a little encounter Brett Hodgson had with a bloke called Gorden Tallis?

Not sure why we're even talking about this? Esi Tonga was the only player named on an extended bench. Tonga outside Matai and Taufua to fullback.

Mals said:
I'm now more confident about the game on Monday. Mark "the Chin" Gasnier picked the Roosters to win by 13+ on the Sterlo show last night.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion , but seriously 13+ . Very brave or very stupid , I'm leaning towards the latter

Stevo said:
Not sure why we're even talking about this? Esi Tonga was the only player named on an extended bench. Tonga outside Matai and Taufua to fullback.

Stevo, when you play on a Monday night the team named on Tues for the next round means squat in relation to who actually runs out.

This is a crucial home game for us now. A loss and we drop 4 points off the top 2 and with the mounting injuries it will make it much harder to claw back those points. Plus we face the drizzle away next week so another loss will probably mean 6 points off top 2 and that will be a killer for our chances. We cannot afford to drop this game, it is a must win for our season and impossible to imagine us losing 2 home games in a row. We wiull step up here. Interesting comment from S Burgess on MMM today. He said he hasn't played a more physically demanding,faster or tougher game this year than the one against Manly. I think Manly's aggression will upset the Rorters , they haven't been battle hardened for this like we are. The loss oif Snake is a bitter blow but at home we will be desperate not to drop this game. Manly by 8 definitely take the $2.12 here.

For anyone worried about Jorge at FB if you notice he takes the ball up most times from Snake anyway, his defense is tough and his hands have improved. Pearce and Maloney will try it on with bombs and that will play into our hands. They will concentrate more on that than putting the ball through the hands and it will backfire on them.

I think we will win by 8+ on Monday night. Is Choc's 250th game for Manly, he will have another big game and doesn't really matter who we play at fullback, the whole team will lift for this one. Well sounds good to me. :)

effnic said:

Maybe a little harsh.....

As much as Id love to see Peta play I understand why Tooves possibly doesn't play him. Besides the Souths game these next few games are probably the toughest of the year. Tough to bring a rookie into such crucial games against elite competition. Though I'm uncertain of Taufua's bomb diffusing ability at fullback I think he is probably the best option at present. His 1st grade experience is a big plus. I think it's also the reason Esi Tonga replaces him on the wing over Peta. While Im not overly impressed by Tonga he does have more 1st grade experience than Peta. He went ok last week while being unspectacular. I think Tooves doesn't want to give Peta the Baptism of Fire and wants him to keep on improving his game in NSW Cup and gradually integrating him to 1st grade. While I will be stoked if Peta does somehow play and I believe he can step up I'm fine if he doesn't. I would love him to get at least a game in while Snake is out though. Preferably when we play the Warriors and Peta comes home and plays his old club. GO THE MIGHTY SEA EAGLES!!!

Tonga missed 4 tackles and made 6 last week. He worries me, but there may be no other option. Remember years ago we always had creary or Bradley qalilawa ready to come up on the wings? They'd usually get one or two tries, then back to reserves. I don't think we have that sort of experienced player in reserves these days.

Shoe1 we do have that sort of player, Esi is that sort of player. He has just turned 25, and has now played 40 NRL games.

Nick Bradley-Qalilawa played a total of 45 NRL games, the last in 2008. He also played 55 ESL in between his stints at Manly.

Mitch Creary played a total of 15 NRL games, the last in 2006.

Esi Tonga 2012 highlights on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckZm7yKtfws

Hiku was the FB in the trials and he caught every ball.
Some old Thread would show how we were all impressed :angel:

Both our flanks are amazing and should be kept intact.
Gift>Killer>Wolfie best RHS
Horo>Matai>Jorge best LHS

Go Ma'aanly !

Tooves on the Sunday footy show gave nothing away when asked, said Jorge did well at FB last week but he has Hiku on the bench and is yet to make a decision on it

Let's just hope the club isn't skimping on no-name brand sticky tape for Snake, he needs the best quality possible. Meanwhile whoever we send out will do us proud. (If they don't, we'll send out someone else next week.)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Shoe1 we do have that sort of player, Esi is that sort of player. He has just turned 25, and has now played 40 NRL games.

Nick Bradley-Qalilawa played a total of 45 NRL games, the last in 2008. He also played 55 ESL in between his stints at Manly.

Mitch Creary played a total of 15 NRL games, the last in 2006.

Yeah you're right, he can hopefully fill that role

Tomorrow nights game would be a very nice one to win now

Pick up the 2 points and we have a 4 point buffer on 5th spot

Let's hope for a 2011 round 2 repeat.

No one gave us a chance with no Lyon, Matai, Gifty, Rodney and King.

That game was Fozza's coming of age. We need another massive game from him. Hopefully smash ****chell again.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8