SeaEagles v Roosters MnF @FortBrookie Rd9 Gameday thread #GoManly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

pick the Margin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
SeaEagles v Roosters MnF @FortBrookie Rd9 Game day thread #GoManly

MANLY SEA EAGLES v SYDNEY ROOSTERS at Brookvale Oval, Monday 9nd May kickoff 7:00pm
Gates open 4:30pm

LIVE TV | FOXSPORTS
LIVE RADIO | Triple M Sydney & Brisbane, ABC Grandstand.

Referees:
Matt Cecchin/Henry Perenara; Sideline Officials: Paul Holland and Jason Walsh; Video Referees: Ashley Klein/Justin Morgan

SEA EAGLES: Brett Stewart, Jorge Taufua, Jamie Lyon (capt), Steve Matai, David Williams, Kieran Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans, Brenton Lawrence, Matt Ballin, Brent Kite, Anthony Watmough, Justin Horo, Glenn Stewart. Interchange: James Hasson, Tom Symonds, Jamie Buhrer, George Rose, Esi Tonga (one to be omitted).

Ins: Steve Matai, Jamie Buhrer
Outs: Jesse Sene-Lefao

Other unavailables: Richie Fa’aoso (suspension, round 16), Jason King (shoulder, indefinite), Joe Galuvao (Achilles, season)

Supercoach Comment: Steve Matai (suspension) returns at centre, Pushing Tom Symionds to the bench and Jesse Sene-Lefao out of the side. Jamie Buhrer (knee) also returns. Brett Stewart (hip) is in doubt. Anthony Watmough has been a massive revelation this year.

ROOSTERS: Anthony Minichiello (capt), Daniel Tupou, Michael Jennings, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, James Maloney, Mitchell Pearce, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Jake Friend, Martin Kennedy, Mitchell Aubusson, Sonny Bill Williams, Boyd Cordner. Interchange: Daniel Mortimer, Frank-Paul Nuuausala, Aidan Guerra, Luke O'Donnell.

Ins: Frank-Paul Nuuausala
Outs: Sam Moa (knee, indefinite)

Other unavailables: Tautau Moga (knee, indefinite), Jack Bosden (hip/wrist, indefinite), Isaac Liu (ankle, indefinite)

Supercoach Comment: Sam Moa (knee, indefinite) is out, replaced in the starting side by Martin Kennedy, with Frank-Paul Nuuausala (knee) returning from injury on the bench. Daniel Tupou has peaked, while Sonny Bill Williams is simply unstoppable.

Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks (CRO/MEL) v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles (MAN) @ Leichhardt, Wed 5:30pm

VB NSW Cup Round 9
North Sydney Bears (SOU) v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles (MAN) @ North Sydney Oval, Sun 3:00pm

Twitter follow
@manlyseaeagles
@NeilEvansmail
@NRL @LeagueUnlimited
@TripleM_NRLlive
@FOXSportsNews
@FOXNRL
for live updates and chat

Hashtags
#GoManly #NrlMANSyd
#SeaEag13s
#Fu**offtom

#MiGoty

RE: SeaEagles v Roosters MnF @FortBrookie Rd9 Game day thread #GoManly

Noooooooo we have Cecchin.

Roosters will be out for some revenge after we humiliated them last year. Another epic forwards battle in the making. Call out the air raid warden.

Matai is back; he loves these big games against his (former) kiwi teammates. And we know Foran's going to be ready for this one. If we skip the mental fade out for 20-30 mins we should be good enough.

Those less fortunate people love to hate Manly, but everyone must be looking forward to this one. How much high quality rugby league entertainment do we provide the hoi polloi, dragging them out of their humdrum existences, with their humdrum teams. Everyone should pay us an annual tribute for always being there as a major challenge to their aspirations as every now and then their club gets its **** together for a serious tilt.

We are tough, we are resiliant, we are possessed .Nothing will stop us from Rooting the Roosters not even the refs

I remember round 2 of 2011. We played the Chooks at SFS, we were seriously down on troops and the Chooks were hot favourites as GF losers in 2010.

We played real tough, particularly Foran when he smashed pearce, and won the game 27-16 and set the season up for a premiership win. This feels a lot like the lead in to that game.

watch out for JWH and his cheaps shots monday,I noticed his game against the riff last week he did a couple of shoulder charges,nothing was even mentioned,probably because ch9 are deaply associated with the rorters through Gyngell,they are probably told not to highlight any misdemeanours by any rorters player on TV

Bad news

Breaking: a second scan has found Brett Stewart is worst than first thought. Out for 5-6 weeks. Will miss Origin

Blood Gutherson I say

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Bad news

Breaking: a second scan has found Brett Stewart is worst than first thought. Out for 5-6 weeks. Will miss Origin

Blood Gutherson I say

It would have been good to blood Gutherson for the second half at Oki, has to happen at some stage. Unfortunately we are playing 2 big teams who will be favoured by the refs against us so tough bringing him in for the next 2 weeks. Tough call but sure Toovey will make the right call.

Fluffy said:
Hiku would play FB if Stewy is out

I hope thats the way Tooves goes. Dont want Tonga in 1st grade again, a step backwards picking him instead of Hiku.
Also think Hiku will handle fullback alot better than wing.

Hiku apparently did well in the trial at FB and was safe defusing kicks, Chisholm would be creative in attack, Gutherson in the mix.

Damn. Bad news. Maybe Wolf to FB and bring someone onto the wing.
Alot of possibilities I hope we win half of the matches we play without Snake, that would be a pass mark for me.

Wolfie was great at fullback last year.:angel:

Wolfie runs straight at the line, whereas Jorge meanders and that allows the defenders to converge on him as his speed reduces with each sidestep.

Clint is too skinny and much too young to go into first grade this year IMO.

But, also am keen on Dane Chisholm as he has played first grade and is Mr Zippy :angel:

Guthersson is simply not physically ready and will not play first grade this year.Our club rarely throws blokes in too early and it wont happen this time.Tooves is even averse to playing blokes who are on the bench so playing a skinny kid like Gutherson is simply not in his DNA.

susan said:
Guthersson is simply not physically ready and will not play first grade this year.Our club rarely throws blokes in too early and it wont happen this time.Tooves is even averse to playing blokes who are on the bench so playing a skinny kid like Gutherson is simply not in his DNA.

Take a look at Molan at Penrith he is a toothpick and goes good

Brett was put in 1sts too early and did his shoulder 1st game trying to tackle Jamie Lyon, I recall.

Wolfie was that far in field a few times on Monday night (tries were hence scored), could have been practicing as fullback

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6