SeaEagles v Knights Rd2 Game day thread #GoManly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What will be the Margin

• Manly 1-4

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Manly 5-8

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Manly 9-12

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • Manly 13+

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle 1-6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle 7-12

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Newcastle 13+

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Manly Sea Eagles v Newcastle Knights
Sunday 17th March kickoff 6:30pm
Gates open 4:00pm

LIVE TV | FOX Sports 1
LIVE RADIO | Triple M Sydney & Brisbane, ABC Grandstand

Referees: Ben Cummins and Chris James; Touch Judges: Russell Turner and Jeff Younis; Video Referees: Steve Clark and Gavin Badger

Sea Eagles: 1. Brett Stewart 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Jamie Lyon (c) 4. Steve Matai 5. David Williams 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Brenton Lawrence 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brent Kite 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Justin Horo 13. Jamie Buhrer
Interchange: 14. Richie Fa’aoso 15. Joe Galuvao 16. David Gower 17. Jesse Sene-Lafao 20. Tom Symonds

Knights: 1. Darius Boyd, 2. James McManus, 3. Dane Gagai, 4. Anthony Quinn, 5. Akuila Uate, 6. Jarrod Mullen, 7. Kurt Gidley (c), 8. Kade Snowden, 9. Travis Waddell, 10. Willie Mason, 11. Beau Scott, 12. Chris Houston, 13. Jeremy Smith. Interchange: 14. Tyrone Roberts, 15. Neville Costigan, 16. Robbie Rochow, 17. Alex McKinnon, 18. David Fa’alogo

Holden Cup Under 20s | Round 2
Sea Eagles v Knights @ Brookvale, Sun 4:15pm

VB NSW Cup | Round 2
Mounties (CAN) v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles (MAN) @ Mt Pritchard Sports Ground, Sat 3:00pm

1.Peta Hiku 2.Michael Chapman 3.Ben Farrar 4.Esi Tonga 5.Jacob Gagan 6.Jason Seage 7.Dane Chisholm 8.James Cunningham 9.Kayne Lawton 10.George Rose 11.Michael Chee Kam 12.James Hasson 13.Nick Skinner
14.Liam Higgins 16.Justin Lemalu 17.Ligi Sao 18.Steve Tavita

COACH: Luke Williamson

1.Haydon Hodge 2.Dimitri Pelo 3.Sami Sauiluma 4.Matt Allwood 5.Michael Bani 6.Mitch Cronin 7.David Farkas 8.Paul Vaughan 9.Michael Picker 10.Sam Mataora 11.Jake Foster 12.Scott Jones 13.Jarrad Kennedy
14.Pat Galea 15.Reece Goldsmith 16.Shannon Boyd 17.Clay Priest 18.Shane Shackleton 19.Will Dreves 20.Lancen Joudo 21.Mitch Cahalane

Coach: Steve Antonelli

Twitter follow
@manlyseaeagles
@NeilEvansmail
@NRL @LeagueUnlimited
@TripleM_NRLlive
@FOXSportsNews
@FOXNRL for live updates and chat

Hashtags
#GoManly #NrlManNew

So same team ?

From @NeilEvansmail on twitter
NRL: Manly squad going through another searching training session 2day ahead of the Sunday twilight showdown with the Knights! #gomanly #Rd2

This game will be a big test for us. Brisbane is a genuinely rubbish team and although I thought we were pretty strong, I didn't take much from the game because of how weak the opposition was.

By contrast Newcastle seemed pretty strong, albeit also against pretty weak opposition. I think we will get a pretty solid gauge on our form after this weekend.

If we win this game, then I am very confident of winning the next 4 weeks against the Titans R3, Tigpies R4, Dogs R5 & Sharkies R6 to be 6-0.

Brookie to bring Knights back to earth
John Chammas
Tuesday 12 March 2013 1:03 PM

The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are relishing the opportunity of hosting current ladder leaders Newcastle Knights in the Return to Brookvale Sunday night.
The Knights produced an eye-catching performance on Monday night against the Tigers, thumping Mick Potter’s men 42-10.
But Manly halfback Daly Cherry-Evans isn’t concerned about playing against a red-hot Newcastle side, instead taking it as an opportunity to test out his teammates.
“I’m definitely excited about the prospect of playing a side that’s just come off a good win.” Cherry-Evans said.
“Their forwards were really dominant and I think it’s going to be a good match up for our forward pack as well.”
Sea Eagles defensive machine Matt Ballin is similarly looking forward to putting his shoulders on the line and bringing the high flying Knights back down to earth at Brookvale Oval.
was impressed with fresh Newcastle recruits Jeremy Smith and Beau Scott, saying they'll be on his rafa on his radar after Monday's game.
“I was really impressed with their forwards, in particular Mason and a few of their younger guys and Jeremy Smith and Beau Scott,” he said.
“Kurt Gidley was great as well. It’s a big challenge for us and its great to be home at Brookvale playing on a Sunday.”
The home ground advantage proved immense between the Sea Eagles and the Knights last season, with both posting big scores against the other in front of their faithful.
Sea Eagles head coach Geoff Toovey is making no assumptions however, expecting both sides' first round momentum to carry onto the field.
"Our players have been very focused, I think you saw that in their performance on the weekend. We need to do that again this weekend.
"Newcastle are on top of the comp now, after their big victory over the Tigers so they'll be coming down to Brookvale full of confidence and we need to be just as confident."

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Brookie-to-bring-Knights-back-to-earth/69785

Rip & tear Manly! My kids & I will be be screaming our heads off on the hill :)

What is the go with Mullen's hand?

2:31pm: Talkin' Teams: Knights coach Wayne Bennett has named an unchanged line-up for this Sunday's clash with Manly. Jarrod Mullen will play for the Knights despite suffering a hand injury in the 42-10 thrashing of the Wests Tigers last night. He was brilliant for the Knights last night, so too was Darius Boyd. I know it's only round one but Knights fans have every right to be excited about their premiership aspirations this year. And what about Dane Gagai, is he the most improved player in the NRL?

Knights: 1. Darius Boyd, 2. James McManus, 3. Dane Gagai, 4. Anthony Quinn, 5. Akuila Uate, 6. Jarrod Mullen, 7. Kurt Gidley (c), 8. Kade Snowden, 9. Travis Waddell, 10. Willie Mason, 11. Beau Scott, 12. Chris Houston, 13. Jeremy Smith. Interchange: 14. Tyrone Roberts, 15. Neville Costigan, 16. Robbie Rochow, 17. Alex McKinnon, 18. David Fa’alogo

Same side announced, Tom Symonds 18th man......George Rose not mentioned.

Source Twitter-RLW

And details here as well http://www.leagueunlimited.com/news/show/leagueunlimited-nrl-teams-round-14/

Teams and refs added

Waiting on 20s and NSWCup

3:29pm: Talkin' Teams: Manly coach Geoff Toovey has named an unchanged side and has added new recruit from the Sydney Roosters, Tom Symonds, to an extended bench. Jason King is a chance of returning from injury against the Knights on Sunday, despite not being named.

I think we might see Symonds debut this week. I assume they will replace gower or sene-lafao.

Or is question over chocs fitness?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8