SeaEagles v Dragons MnF @WIN Jubilee Rd8 Game day thread #GoManly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Pick the Margin Manly v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm wondering why Hiku and Tonga have been named? If Tom Symonds moves back into the back row Tonga would probably slot in. But what is Hiku's purpose on the bench?

Love to see Dane Chisholm on the bench.

He can fill all positions from half-back down, kicks goals and is a 5 try a game Player :angel:

Knowing we have two tough games to follow this one, I'm quietly confident. Gift will be much better for the run last week and will prove the difference IMO.

Stevo said:
I'm wondering why Hiku and Tonga have been named? If Tom Symonds moves back into the back row Tonga would probably slot in. But what is Hiku's purpose on the bench?

If Tonga gets a run against the chooks next round, we will have Tonga up against Sam Moa.

MWSE said:
Dragons will also be looking to atone for a flogging on ANZAC Day.
I cant see the dragons recovering after a flogging like that Anzac day massacre . They had shown their true colors against the tri colors .

I think we can maybe win in a tight one but $1,50 is totally ridiculous.We never win at Kogarah,we rarely win Monday nights,we have plenty of players out, the pinkies on the field will be out to get us as usual and Horsehead will be primed to get us in the video box.

Vital game as a loss here with two really tough ones to come would be nasty. Lose the next 3 and top 2 is basically gone and given the scums armchair ride at home in the semis the task becomes a mountain.

On the flip side if we can get a good win away on Monday I think we can get the roosters on our home deck as per usual and set the year up.

Honestly I don't think the top 2 is the be all and end all for us this year, 3 is as good as 2

You'd assume that Melbourne run 1st, with Us, Souths and Roosters in the top 4, we don't get to play at home anyway and have to use 1 of the other 2 teams home grounds

I'm the pessimist here. The top 2 is critical unless we draw a Sydney based team. Playing Melbourne in Melbourne in week 1 of the finals would be disasterous.

I fear that last weekends game with it's accompanying injuries and suspensions was a negative turning point in our season. If we lose in Kogarah we will lose the next two and be on a four game losing streak, all but ruling out a top 2 finish.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Im assuming Melbourne come in 1st

In that case, we finish 2nd and Souths 3rd, it's a neutral venue anyway. If the Chooks came 3rd, our home game is the SFS I'd presume so they actually steal that from us which is a joke

Firstly, the scum aren't certain minor premiers just yet. Last year they lost 5 straight when Slater was out and the dogs got by them.

Secondly, we have beaten them down there b4 (most recently in 2010 on a Monday night just b4 they got busted for cheating) and we r even money to get them again this year. I think a result of our 40 nil win is that they r always primed against us since then and our only wins have been very tough. TOTALLY WORTH IT!

Kiwi Eagle said:
Honestly I don't think the top 2 is the be all and end all for us this year, 3 is as good as 2

You'd assume that Melbourne run 1st, with Us, Souths and Roosters in the top 4, we don't get to play at home anyway and have to use 1 of the other 2 teams home grounds

Not sure about that mate.

First or second is vital if the scum take one of the top 2 spots because if you win your semis from first or second you cant possibly face the scum before the GF unless they lose at home in which case you might get them but it would be in Sydney.In other words your destiny is in your own hands.

Avoiding an away game against them is imperative because with the pinkies in their pocket they are nigh on unbeateable in Melbourne in a big game.

Run outside the top 2 and you have a 50/50 chance of a prelim final in scums backyard and we know what history says happens in scum v manly semis in Melbourne-nightmare!

Just trying to figure out in my head how it works, and if the Storm come in 1st and win week 1, the loser of 2 v 3, provided they make it past their week 2 game, has to head to Melbourne

So if you win the 2 v 3 game you avoid them, lose and you have to go through them down there to make the GF

I'd be interested to know what the position is if we come in 2 and the Chooks 3. Surely we would get the choice, and may pick ANZ instead of the SFS which we normally do

That's why you need to run top 2.Win your semis from there and you cant possibly play them in Melbourne.

I just hate how 2 isn't really an advantage for us with the Sydney sides being up there in the 4 and able to use their own home grounds

Gotta make that 2 v 3 game and win it

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4