Sea Eagles vs Rabbitohs - Team Line-ups

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Sea Eagles vs Rabbitohs - Team Line-up

1/04/2008 - By Manly Sea Eagles

Sea Eagles Head Coach Des Hasler has named a very strong line-up for the important clash against the South Sydney Rabbitohs on Sunday.  Jamie Lyon has been named in the centres, with Luke Williamson at 5/8 and Steve Menzies at Lock.  Glenn Hall and Jack Afamasaga have been named on the 6 man bench.

SEA EAGLES NRL TEAM:
Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Steve Bell, Jamie Lyon, Michael Bani, Luke Williamson, Matt Orford ©, Jason King, Matt Ballin, Brent Kite, Anthony Watmough, Glenn Stewart, Steve Menzies
Interchange: Josh Perry, Glenn Hall, Adam Cuthbertson, Mark Bryant, Heath L'Estrange, Jack Afamasaga (2 players to be omitted)
Coach: Des Hasler

Sea Eagles Toyota Cup Team: Rhys Wolloghan , John Grey  , Mark Page , Matt Grieve , Bodie O’Connell , Kieran Foran , Daly Cherry-Evans , Inoke Tapaatoutai , Jamie Buhrer  , Jared Waerea-Hargreaves , Kenny Edwards , Ilija Radan , Santana Palmer. Interchange: Jai Jones-Wiegold , Cameron Woo , Darcy Lussick , Michael Tiopira , Zac Bowles , Jake Lingard , Lincoln Gutherson , Todd Wilson
Coach: David Penna

Sea Eagles NSW Cup Team: David Williams , Sean Meaney , Shane Neumann , James Mortimer , Gideon Mzembe , Nick Bradley-Qalilawa , Jeff Robson , Phil Morwood , Trent Rose , Chris Trembath , Jon Grieve , Vic Mauro , Jason Wells. Interchange: Ray Nasso , Mark Offerdahl , Tim Browne , Junior Palau
Coach: Craig Sandercock

Souths NRL team
Nathan Merritt,Germaine Paulson,Fetuli Talanoa,Beau Champion,Shannon Hegarty,John Sutton,Jeremy Smith,Michael Greenfield,George Ndaira,Roy Asotasi (c)David Kidwell (c),Luke Stuart,Ben Lowe

Interchange:

Beau Falloon,Dean Widders,Manase Manuokafoa,Jaiman Lowe,Shannan McPherson

Coach – Jason Taylor

Hmm I hope LeStrange plays again I would like to see him have another shot

WILLOW AT 5/8 !!!!!!! HOW COME NO ONE HAS MENTIONED THIS?
Obviously an April Fools joke !

Des playing ducks and drakes again  LOL

des still don't realize that Willo don't want to get involved

Ryan link said:

Only the number on his back, he will play as he always does.  Nothing to worry about.

Yeah, don't mind seeing Willo there. As long as Lyon is at centre.

That's the best backrow we have. I'm glad to see Menzies running on and he'll have plenty of room to move and hopefully he plays a roaming type role as he normally does and can put Bell and Lyon away a couple of times.

you have to worry about the halves dont you.. if Orford gets injured.. theres not much to call upon.. considering were putting backrowers and centres at FIRST CHOICE 5/8.. what happens if Orford gets injured? Robson? Nick Bradley Koala? Lyon at half?

Sure we could put Ballin or Heath but geez its not ideal is it.

Ryan link said:
  Probably to contain the only two attacking threats they have - Luke and Sutton.

And Luke's not playing.  We're as likely of beating this mob as I thought we were of beating the Knoights.

Le Strange or Ballin could play half if Orford gets injured.  Feed the scrum, pass and defend in the middle.  Simple stuff really.  I really don't think Orford would be missed against this hapless bunch of armani wearers.  40 plus or I'll be disappointed.  Willo is OK.  His defense if sound and there's plenty of potential attack without relying on him.  He does what he does best and does it reasonably well.   

What game have you boys been watching?
Williamson will drop off onto the bench for Perry to come into the starting line up. Menzies to start at 5/8 and Kite will start in the 2nd row.

KaZa link said:
you have to worry about the halves dont you.. if Orford gets injured.. theres not much to call upon.. considering were putting backrowers and centres at FIRST CHOICE 5/8.. what happens if Orford gets injured? Robson? Nick Bradley Koala? Lyon at half?

Sure we could put Ballin or Heath but geez its not ideal is it.

The same can be said for just about every team in the NRL Kaza.

Matabele link said:
And Luke's not playing.  We're as likely of beating this mob as I thought we were of beating the Knoights.
I thought the main danger for souths would have been issac luke now he's out they have no chance.

Rabbit hunters

John Greco
http://manlydaily.com.au/article/2008/04/03/9498_sports.html
3 April 2008

A CULTURE of hating the Rabbitohs from his time at the Roosters will inspire Manly utility Heath L'Estrange to keep the Redfern club at the bottom of the NRL ladder.

L'Estrange has been named on an extended Sea Eagles bench for Sunday afternoon's round four clash with South Sydney at Brookvale Oval.

The Sea Eagles will be looking to build some momentum following Monday night's thrashing of the Warriors while the Rabbitohs will be desperate after a winless start to the year.

But the Bunnies will be getting no favours from L'Estrange who declared his time at the tricolours was added motivation this weekend.

"When you're at the Roosters your brought up to hate the Bunnies," the 25-year-old said after a light training session at Narrabeen yesterday.

"I was at the Roosters for four years so there's a little bit of hate there, that's just the way it is.

"Being with Manly now I've got nothing against (Souths) ... but I still want to go out and flog them (on Sunday).

"I want to beat every side.

"We just have to concentrate on our own game, keep them down (the bottom) and us moving up."

Which is what L'Estrange is also hoping for himself after making his NRL debut with the Sea Eagles on Monday night.

After starting the season in Manly's NSW Cup team, L'Estrange is eager to cement his spot in the club's top squad.

While Matt Ballin has performed strongly in the no.9, the Hills Bulls junior is confident the pair can both have a role to play in the club's top 17.

"Hopefully I can stay (in first grade) and get a bit of cohesion with Matty (Ballin) because I think we can play well together," L'Estrange said.

"He's been doing a good job and I think we can compliment each other and the team at different times of the match.

"It was great to play my first game for Manly ... I was hoping for a bit more game time but it was just good to be back in first grade.

"The last time I played at Brookie (for the Roosters) I got beat by 50 so it was good to win 52-6."

A win for Manly can see us jump to 5th spot if the Knights lose to the warriors or 6th if they win

as it stands now Manly has the best defence at 35 against followed by Knights 50 who play warriors and then storm on 53 against bronx 56

in attack 25 points scored by Manly will see us jump to 2nd most points scored, 39 will see us with the most

so possibly the best case scenario would be a win by 38+ to very little against wiil see Manly in 5th spot with the best attack and defence, that would be a great effort after the 1st 2 rounds of poor games we started with

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4