Sea Eagles v Warriors Teams 2011 GRAND FINAL teams, news & discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
From twitter rlw

BREAKING: Our Mole reports Tony Archer and Matt Checchin will be announced as grand final refs later this morning

time to put money on the Warriors if Checcin is there

Just went to ticketek and it seems all Manly bays are gone
I typed in Manly then went best available for 1 ticket and got this

Unable to obtain offer, this is possibly because the allocation is exhausted or the number of tickets you requested is greater than the maximum availablae adjacent seats

Warriors #NRLGF, 1-13: Locke, Tupou, Brown, Inu, Vatuvei, Maloney, Johnson, Sam Rapira, Heremaia, Lillyman, Mateo, Mannering, Luck. #NRL

bench: Hohaia, Packer, Matulino, Taylor, Steve Rapira (one to be omitted).

DSM5 said:
I told you that the fix was on. Look for the thread.

As long as its fixed our way DSM thats fine by me :D

Warriors have announced an unchanged lineup from last weeks' team according to 3pm ABC news

Weather for sunday: have been looking at the BOM 4 day forecast all week and trying to work out what the weather will give us for the grand final:

Hard to make an accurate prediction so many days out but to my eye it looks very similar to the day we got for the 2008 grand final: overcast cool S/SE moderate breeze, good chance of showers but will probably be dry.

The days earlier from Thursday morn til Sat morn will have plenty of rain so the track will be heavy but should hopefully drain well on sat and sun morning and be firm underfoot.

It definately won't be a sunny hot day by the looks of it - just like 2008

Grand Final Team List - Sea Eagles vs Warriors
27/09/2011 3:15:48 PM
The Sea Eagles have named their side to take on the New Zealand Warriors in the NRL Grand Final this Sunday.

In an added boost for the game, Glenn Stewart returns to the side after serving a three week suspension.

Brett Stewart
Michael Robertson
Jamie Lyon (c)
Steve Matai
Will Hopoate
Kieran Foran
Daly Cherry-Evans
Joe Galuvao
Matt Ballin
Brent Kite
Anthony Watmough
Tony Williams
Glenn Stewart

Shane Rodney
Jamie Buhrer
Vic Mauro
George Rose
Darcy Lussick
Tim Robinson

What do you think of the side?

Rose and Robinson would be my ommissions.
We need mobility and ball playing skills off the bench.

May all 17 play to their full abilities

Yes talkin Sport said Mauro and Robinson are dropped from the run on team.

Lussick and Gifty haven't played for 4 weeks so that is an issue. It won't be a hot day but game fitness is an issue for Des to consider for those 2.

Tunks thought Glenn might even come off bench once the tough stuff softening up period of 15-20 mins is over

A big shout out to Kingy, Wolfy, Dean Whare, Terry SeuSeu, Michael Oldfield & Daniel Harrison #2011Eagles #gomanly

brookiegreg said:

Lussick and Gifty haven't played for 4 weeks so that is an issue. It won't be a hot day but game fitness is an issue for Des to consider for those 2.

Tunks thought Glenn might even come off bench once the tough stuff softening up period of 15-20 mins is over

Fitness won't be a problem for Gifty and Lussick. They've been doing 90 extra minutes fitness every day. They'll be fit and super fresh. No bumps or niggles.

Fonz said:
brookiegreg said:

Fitness won't be a problem for Gifty and Lussick. They've been doing 90 extra minutes fitness every day. They'll be fit and super fresh. No bumps or niggles.

Agreed. What helps is that T-Rex has shown he can go the 80 minutes these days as well and with cover like Rodney and Buhrer on the bench if at any stage Gift needs a rest he can get it. Its even less of a worry for Lussick who'll pretty much be wound up and told to rip and tear til he can't anymore and he'll be given a rest. Wouldn't think he'd play more than 30 minutes match total anyway.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6