Sea Eagles v Warriors Rd6 teams & Chat thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi Eagle said:
And Oldfield wouldn't have scored some tries that T Rex has scored as well. I don't mind who plays there tbh

The rain worries me though, the Warriors are well used to these sort of conditions

That's crap mate, and you know it. No-one knows whether Oldfield would or would not have scored. Put any winger next to Lyon, they are going to score a lot of tries.

EDIT: Watching the NYC team guys. Lets hope the NRL doesn't need to call up any of these guys anytime soon. Most other years, we had a number of standouts. This year, they just seem pretty ordinary in both attack, and defence.

I know Hoppa could still be there, too, and yes, he'd be the standout.

Just had a big aftershock over here, was fearing a loss of power again but so far so good *fingers crossed*

Kiwi Eagle said:
Just had a big aftershock over here, was fearing a loss of power again but so far so good *fingers crossed*

They said on tele there was a quake in Nth QLD, too mate.

Hope it wasnt a big one mate. These days I don't worry about the bastards too much but sitting here watching the big cabinets wobbling from side to side as everything came out of the cupboards had me up on the pins !! Would have been at least a 5

Portlock is terrible in defence today - anyone watching this? I wonder what Darren thinks of the bloke???

Ryan said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
And Oldfield wouldn't have scored some tries that T Rex has scored as well. I don't mind who plays there tbh

The rain worries me though, the Warriors are well used to these sort of conditions

That's crap mate, and you know it. No-one knows whether Oldfield would or would not have scored. Put any winger next to Lyon, they are going to score a lot of tries.

EDIT: Watching the NYC team guys. Lets hope the NRL doesn't need to call up any of these guys anytime soon. Most other years, we had a number of standouts. This year, they just seem pretty ordinary in both attack, and defence.

So you think Oldfield could have scored a lot of tries running over the top of people from a standing start ? They are different wingers, Oldfield wouldn't have scored some of the power tries and Williams wouldn't have scored any of the genuine speed tries, does it really matter ?

Ryan said:
Portlock is terrible in defence today - anyone watching this? I wonder what Darren thinks of the bloke???

I hardly watch the 20s these days, the footy does nothing for me tbh

Kiwi Eagle said:
Ryan said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

So you think Oldfield could have scored a lot of tries running over the top of people from a standing start ? They are different wingers, Oldfield wouldn't have scored some of the power tries and Williams wouldn't have scored any of the genuine speed tries, does it really matter ?

To the argument of who's a better winger for our team, yeah...
In a one on one choice mate, who would you prefer (without your NZ glasses on, too ;))

Williams isn't eligible for NZ if that was your point lol

I would prefer Oldfield on the park to see more of Williams in the forwards, but it doesn't concern me if it goes the other way either. Last times we played the Warriors Rex had a big one

The Toyota Cup side has been very ordinary so far this year. Although I guess thats to be expected with the number of players that have moved on to PL or NRL in the last year or so. Have to rebuild the squad again.

No one in their right mind could argue for T Rex on the wing at the expense of Oldfield. It's not even close.

Penna's attitude pre-game was really, really scary - as though he'd resigned to losing before a kick happened. I was Gob smacked too be honest. Aaaaand, The Warriors score again.

For the record, how accurate is the official sites NYC players section? That's an actual question, I'm not trying to be smart.

They havnt been losing by that much but i suppose it dosent matter how much you lose by.

eagles2win said:
liking what I'm seeing from the Rapira kid though(our).

Also Magnus Stromquest is having a huge game

Huge game? Easily pleased mate? You looking at some of them Kiwi forwards in comparison?

To be honest whilst it is god to see the junior teams go well I don't care if they lose. NRL is where its at. Our junior teams historically have normally been pretty poor yet our success in the top grade has been good. Parra and Penrith normally excel in the juniors yet their top grade success is not as good as ours.

I always hear huge wraps on that Magnus guy. Everytime I've seen him he's been slow and average.

I don't much 20's though anymore, pretty boring.

Magnus IS slow and lumbering Volley. He's poor laterally. He DOES do the occasional good run forward. He has poor constitution (he starts blowing after 2 minutes on the field).

Portlock was on camera, laughing his head off behind his try line, as The Warriors just doubled the Eagles score.

That's not the attitude we need our apprentices with.

manlyseaeagles Manly Sea Eagles
LATE MAIL: Hoppa at Fullback, @oldie90 on the wing with T-Rex to start off the bench #gomanly

Didn't really watch it, but 30-18 isn't a bad result against this warriors side, they are red hot. Warriors should win this 20s comp every year

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6