Sea Eagles v Tigers Game Day chat and stats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
[img=313x400]http://www.lookpic.com/files/Capture134.JPG[/img]

to see full image click this link below as the site says the upload folder is full

http://www.lookpic.com/files/Capture134.JPG

lader.jpg

Head To Head Records (2003 - )
Overall Head-to-head Records

Played 11; Manly 7, Wests Tigers 4

Head-to-head at Brookvale Oval
Played 5; Manly 4, Wests Tigers 1

Record Crowd these Clubs (Excludes Finals)
27564 at ANZ Stadium, 23/8/2008 (Rd 24), Manly Won 48 - 16

Last 10 Games Head-to-head: Played 10; Manly 7, Wests Tigers 3
Won By Score Venue Date
Manly 48 - 16 ANZ Stadium 23/8/2008 (Rd 24)
Manly 34 - 4 Brookvale Oval 13/7/2007 (Rd 18)
Manly 19 - 8 Leichhardt Oval 24/3/2007 (Rd 2)
Manly 16 - 12 Brookvale Oval 9/6/2006 (Rd 14)
Wests Tigers 24 - 18 Leichhardt Oval 7/5/2006 (Rd 9)
Wests Tigers 49 - 24 Leichhardt Oval 1/7/2005 (Rd 17)
Manly 34 - 26 Brookvale Oval 8/5/2005 (Rd 9)
Manly 26 - 18 Brookvale Oval 11/7/2004 (Rd 18)
Wests Tigers 30 - 22 Leichhardt Oval 25/4/2004 (Rd 7)
Manly 38 - 30 Leichhardt Oval 8/6/2003 (Rd 13)
Biggest Head-to-Head Wins
Manly 48 - 16 ANZ Stadium 23/8/2008 (Rd 24)
Wests Tigers 38 - 12 Brookvale Oval 6/4/2003 (Rd 4)
Most Tries In A Match Head-toHead
3 B Kennedy (Sea Eagles) Sea Eagles Won 34 - 26 (Rd 9, 2005)
2 D Laurie (Tigers) Tigers Lost 16 - 48 (Rd 24, 2008)
Most Goals In A Match Head-toHead
8 B Hodgson (Tigers) Tigers Won 49 - 24 (Rd 17, 2005)
7 B Walker (Sea Eagles) Sea Eagles Won 38 - 30 (Rd 13, 2003)
Most Points In A Match Head-toHead
16 B Hodgson (Tigers)(0T, 8G, 0FG) Tigers Won 49 - 24 (Rd 17, 2005)
14 M Witt (Sea Eagles)(1T, 5G, 0FG) Sea Eagles Won 34 - 26 (Rd 9, 2005)

Toyota Cup
Manly Warringah v Wests Tigers
Brookvale Oval, Sunday 12:45pm

The Sea Eagles undefeated Toyota Cup side will take the field at 12:45pm
and we encourage our members and fans to get in early and cheer
on our top of the table team.

1 Scott Blanch
2 Michael Oldfield
3 Matt Grieve
4 Blake Davey
5 John Grey
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Ilija Radan
9 Brad Bennett
10 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
11 Michael Tiopira
12 Darcy Lussick
13 Jamie Buhrer (c)

Interchange
14 Liam Higgins
15 Todd Wilson
16 Lama Tasi
17 James Cunningham
18 Chris Stolk
19 David Sheehan

Coach David Penna

QLD Cup

Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles v Souths Logan Magpies
Stockland Park, Saturday 2:05pm

Players:
1.  Howie MATTHEWS
2.  Hayden FISHER
3.  Rob GODFREY
4.  Ryan WALKER
5.  Michael CHAPMAN
6.  Jack PEARSON
7.  Trent HODKINSON
13. Jon MUIR
12. Jon GRIEVE
11. Steve McPHEE
10. Vic MAURO
9.  Cameron JOYCE
8.  Phil MORWOOD

Interchange:
14. Junior PALAU
17. Julien RINALDI

Coach: Brandon COSTIN

interestingly that Newman isnt named there either

Memo to Matt Orford.

Bombs, Bombs, Bombs. With Stewy chasing their fullback will be ****ting himself.

Memo to Chris Bailey

You are a 5/8, ****ing play like one. If you see Matty might be under pressure call for the ****ing ball and do something with it.

and you forwards !!
3 word to describe this season SOFT SOFT SOFT

remember the work ethic you displayed last season ?
its not gonna do itself, so roll up your sleeves and get stuck in, if you see a mate not having a go give him a clip under the ear

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
I just have the Feeling we may see T-Rex as a late inclusion , for who I don't know

and is this feeling based on anything in particular??? Or is the wind blowing a certain way and giving you that feeling???

missing_something link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=180053.msg218486#msg218486 date=1239319529]
I just have the Feeling we may see T-Rex as a late inclusion , for who I don't know

and is this feeling based on anything in particular??? Or is the wind blowing a certain way and giving you that feeling???
[/quote]

No there is no wind here in my backroom !

just a gut feeling

[quote author=missing_something link=topic=180053.msg218492#msg218492 date=1239320994]

[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=180053.msg218486#msg218486 date=1239319529]

[/quote]

No there is no wind here in my backroom !

just a gut feeling
[/quote]

So the wind hasn't reached that far just yet. Just wait. It will eventually get there. ;D

Interesting to read in this mornings Herald that Brian Smith reasoned that asking the 'question' at the end of sets is what it's all about.  "Asking good questions is what fires up confidence in your own team"  he said.  Couldn't agree more Brian.  C'mon Matty, ask good questions on Sunday... please.

"If" they are all fit it's about our strongest side of the year, with only Wolfie really missing...and Bani's been doing allright IMO.

There's no "wind up my tunnel" but I have a feeling this might be the turnaround weekend....BUT everything will have to fire.

No Nuemann....thank goodness, good QLD Cup player but as yet not up to the standard of NRL...nothing personal if he's reading this, but more worked needed before it's "big boys time"

BE - where would you start Tony Williams if Des named him in the starting 17 ? he would be a great impact player of the bench he could replace Matai in centres if Matai comes off.

I'm concerned on the fitness of Matai and Lyon saying that i hope they both get through the game ok as another injury to Lyon or Matai again could well keep them on the side lines for some time i would think.?

Manly v Wests TigersBrookvale Oval, tomorrow, 3pm.

What the Sea Eagles say

Fibros and Silvertails they may have been once but both teams agree on one thing: the best way to fix their problems is to patch up their defence. "We're not happy with our defence, it's something that's going to come with confidence and attitude," Manly coach Des Hasler said.

What the Tigers say
Application and attitude will get them through. "We've just got to show up wanting to tackle and wanting to work for your mate next to you," hooker Robbie Farah said of the NRL's worst defensive side so far this season.

What Jackson says

If the Sea Eagles are to recover from their disastrous start to reach the top four, they must win this one. Sunday afternoon at Brookie with Brett Stewart at the back was bread and butter for them last year. Expect the Sea Eagles to try to win this in the first 20 minutes with a frenzied start.

For the Sea Eagles to win
They have great players down on form but they were in form not so long ago. The World Club Challenge showed what Manly were capable of in the new year but they have been shadows of those world-beating players ever since. Jamie Lyon has looked good in patches this year but has been without support. Speaking of which, one of the best support players in the business, Brett Stewart, will give the Sea Eagles an enormous lift. They should win and win big.

For the Tigers to win
Hope that the Sea Eagles are again off their game. The Tigers' defence is simply too ragged to cope with the potency of a Manly side back in form. Still, they will score points. The Tigers might have conceded the most points so far but they have also scored the most, too. They should hit Manly where they're hoping to strike. Play an up-tempo game early, hope to jag a few tries and all of a sudden doubts in fragile Manly minds will reappear. That's when Robbie Farah and Benji Marshall can be at their most dangerous.

The X-factor
Easy to say Brett Stewart, but a good performance from him will be no surprise. What the Sea Eagles really need is for Watmough to rip and tear. He was crucial to both their grand final and World Club Challenge victories, and it's no coincidence that his drop in form has come at the same time as the side has struggled. If he bullies the Tigers, the space for Stewart to take advantage will be created.

What the bookies say
Manly have been steady at $1.36 favourites all week, while the Tigers are $3 outsiders. Stewart is $8 favourite to score the first try.

The late mail
Manly centres Steve Matai (shoulder) and Jamie Lyon (knee) have been cleared to play.

See you at Brooky on Sunday arvo. Just about to leave Canberra for the drive up to Forestville with the kids....

George Rose to drop off the Manly bench as he played for the Sunshine Coast eagles today (the Big fella also scored a try too), also Andrew SUNILA played for them as well, but Shane Newman did not (crosses fingers that Matai is OK)

We are 0/4, but I can't wait for today

Have a ****ing family thing on this afternoon though, so I am planning to poke my head in for a couple of hours then ditch it and come home for the game. The rain better piss off

Just heard on Talkin' sport, Zorba said he didn't think Matai would play.

God I hope that doesn't mean Nuemann gets a go....

God I hope Matai plays.  I don't want that bad luck charm (Neumann) anywhere near the team.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2