Sea Eagles v Roosters rd 11 @FORT BROOKIE Game day thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm in the minority here I know, but I think the Chooks have been in good form and I think Mortimer has something to prove and is at least as good as Pearce. We will miss Gifty & Snake badly and the enthusiasm Buhrer injects when he comes on.

I think we will lose this one I'm afraid.

How nice would a win of 20+ be in this game with 5 stars missing.

And while I'm at it big George should start at lock and put on a demonstration.

Going to Brookie for the 1st time this year for this game, taking the +1 & little next gen member bloke and very much lookin' forward to it.

Weather says chance of a shower at this stage, let's hope there's none and plenty of sunshine!

Go Manly!

Jatz Crackers said:
Im going to keep an eye on JWH this week. If the Roosters are coming into form twill be interesting to see how he aims up this time.

He hasnt done much damage to us previously and he is coming off contract soon isnt he ?

Has just signed a three year extension to his contract with Easts.

The curse of the winger strikes again.

It just doesn't feel right if Manly don't have at least one winger injured.

Ralphie said:
I'm in the minority here I know, but I think the Chooks have been in good form and I think Mortimer has something to prove and is at least as good as Pearce. We will miss Gifty & Snake badly and the enthusiasm Buhrer injects when he comes on.

I think we will lose this one I'm afraid.
Dont be afraid mate , Its the roosters that should be afraid when the face Lyon, Matai, Foran , DCE , Whatmough, and the rest of the high flying Sea Eagles at Brookvale !!!

Wolfpack said:
I wouldn't be too devastated if the Wookie is out. Oldy seems to be playing with some more confidence in the NSW cup & his headspace was what was holding him back early this year. When he plays confidently he is great. Deserves another crack.

The club needs to get a longer look at what Oldfield's got as well. If the rumours about Wookie possibly going to Leeds (where there's smoke there's fire) are true then Oldfield is going to be one of the contenders for the spot.

Oldie will do alright, but I am bemused at your comments on wolf. He was instrumental in the win vs broncos.

Bemused, why? I never said that he didn't play great. It's not like Oldfield or Whare are terrible though. Each can be just as impressive in their own right.

Oldfield isn't as bad as some make out.
He gets another chance to try and secure a starting wingers spot so hopefully he seizes the opportunity. He will need to outplay Jorge in just about every game that Wolf is out for.
If not, then so be it.

SKD out for @sydneyroosters, Tagive in. Oldfield replaces Williams for @manlyseaeagles. Pre-game 1.30pm, kick-off 2pm live on FS2. @FOX_NRL

Geoff Toovey was just on Sunday footy show confirming that David Williams is out with a Hamstring Tear, thinks he will be back 2- 3 weeks.

No Pearce or SKD is a big attacking loss for them. This will be tough it's up to our forwards to take it up to them. Our backs are superior.

Geez I hate it when Gift isn't playing. So much more confident when he is out there.

We can cover most other losses but we never cover it if Gift,Snake or Lyon is out.

With the 4 players we have out we should not be such heavy favorites. This will be a very close game. Im not really confident.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6