Sea Eagles v Roosters rd 11 @FORT BROOKIE Game day thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Oldfield did fine against Mogo at left centre at Henson park a few weeks back. They were opposing centers. Oldie got past him a few times.

Will be a big boost to win this with our origin players out. Will put us in a great postion to grab a top 2 spot with the 2 byes still up our sleeve and a win here.

MANLY have again had to call on their own version of Mr Fix-It with utility Dean Whare called up to replace NSW State of Origin fullback Brett Stewart.

The esteem in which coach Geoff Toovey holds him in is obvious when you consider he has also been called on to fill in for teammates Jamie Lyon, Steve Matai and David Williams - playing every outside back position for the Sea Eagles this year except left wing.

His solid performances in all of those games suggest Toovey has no problem turning straight to Whare when injury strikes his backline. The 22-year-old has already played two games for the Sea Eagles at fullback where they beat the Panthers 30-0 and lost to the Gold Coast on home soil.

Just one week ago it looked ominous the Sea Eagles could lose as many as six players to State of Origin commitments. The team they announced yesterday looked far from decimated.

Click here for the latest Origin news, analysis, games and more

The reason is players like Whare who have already proven they can do just about the same job as the superstar teammates they are filling in for.

While the Sea Eagles will be without Brett Stewart, Glenn Stewart, Tony Williams and Jamie Buhrer, they have enough depth for bookmakers to declare them strong $1.48 favourites against the Roosters ($2.65).

In other team selection news:

SEA Eagles coach Geoff Toovey will send an SOS to his Queensland State of Origin counterpart Mal Meninga in a bid to get star halfback Daly Cherry-Evans back before Sunday’s clash with the Roosters at Brookvale Oval.

Cherry-Evans is in camp with the Maroons as 18th man, but is slotted to play for Manly this weekend.

His absence is a further disruption for the Sea Eagles, who have already lost Tony Williams, Jamie Buhrer and Glenn and Brett Stewart to the NSW Origin team.

On top of that, winger David Williams is in real doubt for the game with a hamstring injury.

Toovey said he would have to sort out the situation regarding the availability of Cherry-Evans by contacting Meninga.

Lots more @ http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/for-evans-sake-mal/

QUEENSLAND Origin coach Mal Meninga has assured Manly they will have star halfback Daly Cherry-Evans back in time for Sunday afternoon's match against Sydney Roosters.

Cherry-Evans, who was named the Maroons' 18th man for the series opener, flew in to Melbourne with the Queensland side yesterday. Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey isn't over the moon about losing his play-maker in the lead-up to this weekend's clash at Brookvale Oval, saying he was out of the loop on Cherry-Evans's whereabouts this weekend.

''That is one of the disappointing things. I just don't know what is going on there to be honest with you,'' Toovey said.

''They have picked an 18th and 19th man, which is great for Queensland but not so good for the clubs who are missing their players. I don't want to spoil anyone's parade, but obviously he is a vital part of our team and we need to prepare for the game, which is an important game for us against the Roosters.''

While Cherry-Evans will be a huge boost, Manly are expected to be buoyed by the return of five-eighth Kieran Foran, out since round five with of a hamstring injury.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/manly-sweat-on-cherryevans-as-maroons-leave-toovey-on-a-promise-20120515-1yp50.html#ixzz1uz13yc3z

manlyforever08 said:
Clint said:
Great stuff Annelise. Thanks for sharing. That was awesome.

Welcome!

Yes, I will echo the thanks. Great work Annelise, I really enjoyed that. And for feedback sake I will explain why.

Most clips you see tend to focus on the periods where there is the most on field action or excitement in the crowd. Thats whats supposed to be the most entertaining. But your vid did it differently. It built the anticipation early on, from the preparation & the travel, to the arrival at the ground and the buzz up till that point. Then the after game snippets and personal interactions.

Congratulations. Brilliant.

i really hope we see the old choc on sunday, he has a different role these days, but im thinking with gifty and buhrer out and gnalavo and harrison playing tight, chos may be the wide running second rower, hitting gaps courtesy of foz all day. .. roosters are tough in the middle with there big foprward pack, but look really vunerable on the edges.. choic needs to be out there i believe.

Stevo said:
Most important game of the year so far!

Indeed. I believe this week to be slightly more important than last week and i do believe this week will be slightly less important than next week. Danger game.

Jatz Crackers said:
manlyforever08 said:
Clint said:

Welcome!

Yes, I will echo the thanks. Great work Annelise, I really enjoyed that. And for feedback sake I will explain why.

Most clips you see tend to focus on the periods where there is the most on field action or excitement in the crowd. Thats whats supposed to be the most entertaining. But your vid did it differently. It built the anticipation early on, from the preparation & the travel, to the arrival at the ground and the buzz up till that point. Then the after game snippets and personal interactions.

I agree it was great, and you gotta love "Snakes" she's such a passionate supporter...she tells me she's a MWTS "convert" now...been waiting for a while to do one but won't ever look back!!

By the way I can see the real Snake really appreciates the "Snakes Alive" banner and what she does......great suff!!

Jatz Crackers said:
manlyforever08 said:
Clint said:

Welcome!

Aww thanks mate! Really appreciate this comment :) I wanted to make a video like this to look back on! I've made a few more not just for Manly games so check out my YouTube - http://youtube.com/manlyforever08

Mark from Brisbane said:
Jatz Crackers said:
manlyforever08 said:
Clint said:

Welcome!

I agree it was great, and you gotta love "Snakes" she's such a passionate supporter...she tells me she's a MWTS "convert" now...been waiting for a while to do one but won't ever look back!!

By the way I can see the real Snake really appreciates the "Snakes Alive" banner and what she does......great suff!!

Thanks Mark! Yes I'm finally converted now! I will be back in Rd26 for Gold Coast (and bringing my Dragons supporting boyfriend. Can we convert him to?!). Hopefully we get a Saturday night for that game.

The roosters have a strong forward pack. Our boys upfront will need to aim up esp without Gift, T-Rex and Ferris.

No point having Foran and DCE in the halves if the forwards don't lay the platform.

Hoping for a big performance from Choc/Kite/King

Top work Annelise. I opened this thread on my phone to look for this weekends line up, left it for a sec and the eagle rock tune lit up. was glued to the clip!!! Great stuff

Brings back memories of previous GC, Brissy & NQ trips!!!!!

I groaned when I saw the refs - Klein is not up to NSW Cup standard - worst ref in the NRL after Gavin Badger. And I really hope Wolfman plays.

I wouldn't be too devastated if the Wookie is out. Oldy seems to be playing with some more confidence in the NSW cup & his headspace was what was holding him back early this year. When he plays confidently he is great. Deserves another crack.

The club needs to get a longer look at what Oldfield's got as well. If the rumours about Wookie possibly going to Leeds (where there's smoke there's fire) are true then Oldfield is going to be one of the contenders for the spot.

Manly are confident star five-eighth Kieran Foran will finally be right to return from injury to help ease the burden of the absence of their four NSW Origin stars for Sunday's clash with the Sydney Roosters at Brookvale Oval.

Foran has missed the last five games after picking up a hamstring injury in the shock loss to Parramatta in Round 5.

The New Zealand international has been named in Manly's starting side alongside Daly Cherry-Evans in the halves, with his older brother Liam moving back to the bench.

Foran's return would be a huge boost for the Sea Eagles, who will be without Brett Stewart, Tony Williams, Jamie Buhrer and Glenn Stewart who are on Origin duty with the Blues.

"We're pretty sure he'll be right," Toovey said when asked about Foran's fitness on Tuesday.

"If it was a grand final last week he definitely would have played.

"But we're pretty confident that he'll train this week with us and he'll be playing."

Dean Whare has taken Stewart's spot at full-back while veteran Joe Galuvao returns at lock for the other Stewart.

In-form winger David Williams has been named for the Sea Eagles despite suffering a hamstring injury in the win over Brisbane last weekend but Toovey admitted he is at long-odds to play.

Youngster Michael Oldfield would be the likely replacement should Williams be ruled out.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-display/foran-named-by-sea-eagles-176797

Brandy's preview:

Manly Sea Eagles vs Sydney Roosters, Brookvale Oval, Sunday 2pm (EST)

Manly have strung together three-in-a-row and look to be working into some serious form. Their win over the Broncos was one of the matches of the season. The talented Dean Whare steps in at fullback for Brett Stewart, but I think they'll really miss his brother Glenn. Their right side attack really struggled at the start of the year without him. Manly will be hoping that Kieran Foran and Anthony Watmough are fit to limit the damage from Origin. I like the way the Roosters competed over there against the Warriors. However Mitchell Pearce is a big loss; he's been in terrific form and they'll really miss his kicking game. Tip: Sea Eagles

Late Mail from DT:

David Williams (hamstring) is in doubt for the Sea Eagles and it is unclear how serious the niggling injury is. Michael Oldfield would be the likely replacement. Kieran Foran is back to a full training load and will play. Daly Cherry-Evans re-joins the Sea Eagles today from Queensland's Origin camp. The Roosters have made no changes and Jack Bosden is expected to drop-off the bench.

Im going to keep an eye on JWH this week. If the Roosters are coming into form twill be interesting to see how he aims up this time.

He hasnt done much damage to us previously and he is coming off contract soon isnt he ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6