Sea Eagles v Panthers Game day thread rd 6 BACK @FORT BROOKIE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DSM5 said:
Is the incorrect use of a numeral in the initialism a spelling mistake Jethro?

No, I wouldn't say that it was a spelling mistake but rather it is a numerical error or a deliberate numerical error in the DSM numbering by SER8.

DSM5 said:
Not your call Jatz, Jethro's the current Spelling Nazi in the absence of Fro, who I believe is off having a baby.

Hey, why am I suddenly being labelled the current Spelling Nazi in the absence of Fro? You had better watch your "of" and "off" usage :p

If I as in a tipping comp I would be tipping the Panthers. Whilst they have been hot and cold we have been more cold lately. Hopefully no one drops out but it sounds like Foran might if his brother was not playing today.

One thing I believe though, is that if Liam Foran (who I have seen play a fair few times both live, and on television) plays very well, I'd love for him to play his way permanently on the bench as a utility player. Just gives us so many more options, remembering he played Hooker at The Storm. Something like:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tony Williams
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Liam Foran
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Joe Galuvao
17. Jamie Buhrer

But DSM5, I think this will be out team this week:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Liam Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Jamie Buhrer
13. Daniel Harrison

14. Nick Skinner
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Joe Galuvao
17. Vic Mauro

I also think that team will let in circa 24-30 points against us. Just no attitude in defence at crucial times.

I think we'll score somewhere around 18 points.

As I say, round 9 odd is where I think we'll get our next win.

Defence has always been the key for many Premiership winners.
If we can get that right, we can beat anyone.

Interesting statistic re Panthers. Penrith have only won two games at Brookie in the last twenty years... "The reigning Premier's first game at 'fortress' Brookvale couldn't have come at a better time, with the club facing its fourth consecutive loss. Even better news for Geoff Toovey's men is that the Panthers have won at Brookvale only twice in the last two decades." http://betting.betfair.com.au/betting-tips/nrl-betting-are-we-there-yet-070412.html

Well I don't know about some of you.... But I can't wait to get out there tonight. I haven't been to Brookie in what seems like ages and I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks.

As for our prospects tonight, I'm confident of a win. They've played well in patches but thru a combination of injuries and what looks to be fatigue, the results haven't fallen their way.

Hopefully Lyon will play and that alone will make a big difference over last week. At the same time I hope K. Foran and G. Stewart don't play as both are too important to risk so early in the season.

The key thing tonight will be attitude and I expect to see a much improved attitude from the players, spurred on by a vocal home crowd.

Our first home game of the year . We will lift in front of our home crowd . I am confident of a win .

Travis Burns is a worry for me. He's been playing some really good footy lately. I wish a fully fit Foran was playing to match up against him. That would have been a good contest in a physical sense.

losing against parra last week and penrith this week would have people slashing their wrists.

that ain't gonna happen though

Daddycool said:
Well I don't know about some of you.... But I can't wait to get out there tonight. I haven't been to Brookie in what seems like ages and I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks.

Me too!

CHANGES: OUT - Brett Stewart, K Foran. L Foran to 6, Whare to FB. Panthers: McKendry to bench, Galea prop http://t.co/TTSM8wI5 #NRLmanpen

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6