Sea Eagles v Dogs @ Fort Brookie GameDay chat thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BULLDOGS coach Des Hasler will travel more than 200km today - and work a 20 hours - as his front-running side prepares for and plays arch-rivals Manly this evening at Brookvale Oval.

Hasler, a workaholic, will leave his northern beaches home at 5am today and drive directly past Brookvale Oval on a 50km journey to Canterbury's home base at Belmore Sports Ground.

He will work on video and preparations before taking his side into a mini-camp from lunchtime at a Sydney hotel. There, they will have lunch and hold a team talk before heading to Brookvale.

Rather than drive, Hasler always rides in the team bus to Sydney games. While at Manly, superstitious Hasler always sat in the second seat on the left. Yet rather than be dropped home - just 5km from Brookvale - after the match, Hasler will stick with his side and return to Belmore on the team bus.

He will then drive back to the northern beaches, arriving home about 1am.

Meanwhile Manly coach Geoff Toovey has tipped big Tony Williams to make a huge impact tonight.

"I just think with the amount of time he has been out through injury and suspension that he just wants to pick things up for himself and for the team," Toovey said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/bulldogs-coach-des-hasler-driving-himself-hard-in-his-bid-to-beat-manly/story-e6frexnr-1226430397612

Down to business as Brookie hype builds

There's no denying the Sea Eagles' second encounter with the Bulldogs and Des Hasler's return to Brookvale is a big deal but the challenge for the Manly men is managing the hype.

While the public anticipation for the blockbuster rematch at Brookvale Oval builds, the players are trying to narrow their focus to exclude everything but the football.

"Nothing other than wanting to perform well and win," co-captain Jason King said.

"...When we get out there and we're playing, we won't be thinking about any of that type of stuff."

Lots more @ http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Down-to-business-as-Brookie-hype-builds/59645

only 20 hours?

Luxury!

We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of 'ot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!

Late mail. Gift trained with the team and will take his place tonight. Go manly.

globaleagle said:
only 20 hours?

Luxury!

We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of 'ot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!

Get off the drugs mate

Nthn NSW said:
globaleagle said:
only 20 hours?

Luxury!

Get off the drugs mate

Or I could go and watch some monty python.

sitting in a pub in Exmouth. Jumper on, beer in hand... game on moles... let's get it on...

GIFTYS PLAYING

AyO-0SjCcAA06q-.jpg:large

Ceagle said:
Just hoping for a close game this week, hate to see us be humiliated.

Oi head up mate no one Is going to beat us let alone humiliate us champ.

Ceagle said:
Just hoping for a close game this week, hate to see us be humiliated.

Settle down , we have every chance of a win . No reason to think otherwise .

Snake out makes it harder , but the win will be all the sweeter for it .

Well the NYC are back to normal. Usually when they get flogged we win the firsts.

I'm listening via ABC Digital Grandstand - live here in Delhi, Pre match stuff is on. as soon as match finished, we have to get the train to Varanasi.

GO THE EAGLES !!!

on the hill:

M A A A N N L Y ! M A A A N N L Y ! M A A A N N L Y !

EagleFromMay1967 said:
I'm listening via ABC Digital Grandstand - live here in Delhi, Pre match stuff is on. as soon as match finished, we have to get the train to Varanasi.

GO THE EAGLES !!!

on the hill:

M A A A N N L Y ! M A A A N N L Y ! M A A A N N L Y !

Safe travels mate.
Go Manly!!!

nervous as.. i think we all need to remember its just another game.. we may lose and still win the grand final and vice versa..

i really hope we win though

mickqld said:
Well the NYC are back to normal. Usually when they get flogged we win the firsts.

please mate please say you have a bad feeling about this game, thats normally means we win

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6