Sea Eagles v Canberra Raiders @FortBrookie game day chat thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I reckon it would be impossible to drop George after his last game but then again I am not 2V

Stevo said:
ManlyBacker said:
I would really like to see us rack up a big margin and push along our F&A. Manly by 20+

Probably have a bet on 20+ this weekend

I'm going to give wraps about a betting agency so all those who don't want to be involved in the 'evil' world of gambling - look away.

I'm signed up with a number of different bookies but for me Centrebet is easily the best. Every week they have at least 3 bonus bets across the different sporting options.

This week is a (up to) $25 free bet on Pick Your Own Line on any match this weekend. If it loses you get a matching bet (up to) $25 on any other NRL bet type in the following 7 days.

So you could take Manly @ -20.5 @ $3.25, and if it loses you get another NRL bet of any type for the same value. BARGAIN! Click on the odds displayed in the Next Game box above the jerseys and that will take you there. And no, I get zip for this info (this has been a community service announcement).

Can't wait for trex to make his return, completes out forward pack. And then hopefully the week after fozzie ! And dare I say a full team the following week, touch wood !

I will be disappointed if we don't put a scoreline on the Raiders. Time to stamp our authority, to hell with under the radar!!!

ManlyBacker said:
So you could take Manly @ -20.5 @ $3.25, and if it loses you get another NRL bet of any type for the same value. BARGAIN! Click on the odds displayed in the Next Game box above the jerseys and that will take you there.

See post above for more details. Yes, we need to get right over the Raiders but I'm not confident it will be that big a margin. I went through the games this weekend and decided the Knights had a better chance of scoring well against the iffy Chooks @ -13.5 @ $6.10 = $152.50 or another bet next weekend. Good punting.

Origin battle awaits
6/5/2012 07:29 AM
Paul Gough, Betting Editor
There will be a game within a game on Sunday when Manly host Canberra in the pick of the two NRL Sunday games.

While the Sea Eagles are hot favourites to beat the struggling Raiders, the match pits together the two men battling for the right to be named full-back for New South Wales for the upcoming State Of Origin series against Queensland.

Manly's Brett Stewart and Canberra's Josh Dugan are equal $2.75 favourites at online bookmaker sportsbet.com.au to be named in the full-back position for the Blues in game one of the origin series against Queensland in Melbourne on May 23.

"Brett Stewart has showed in his return from injury just how good he is and if continues that form it will be hard for (Blues coach) Ricky Stuart not to pick him," Ben Hawes of sportsbet.com.au said.

Sportsbet.com.au is also offering several other special bets on the Stewart-Dugan battle on Sunday.

Stewart is favourite to score most points of the two at $1.33 compared to Dugan at $3.20 but Dugan is the favourite to make the most metres at $1.65 compared to Stewart at $2.20.

"Injury has hindered both their game times of late but they’re both back now so it sets up a mouthwatering battle," Hawes said.

As far as match betting on the game is concerned Manly have firmed into a $1.23 at sportsbet.com.au with Canberra, which are struggling now that their best player Terry Campese has been ruled out for the season with a knee injury, unwanted in betting at $4.25.

Manly, which have won six of their past eight against the Raiders, are expected to win the game easily with Centrebet offering a $1.91 for a Sea Eagles win by 13 points or more compared to $3.15 for the home side to win at Brookvale by between 1-12 points.

In the other game on Sunday the punters are shying away from injury-hit Newcastle, which are rank outsiders for their away clash against the Sydney Roosters.

The Knights might be ahead of the Roosters on points difference with Brian Smith's team having dropped out of the top eight following successive defeats but the loss through injury of two of their best players in Kurt Gidley and Danny Buderus has seen the punters flee the Knights in this one.

Betfair has the Roosters at a $1.62 with the Knights at $2.48 while it's a $1.60 the Roosters and $2.40 for the Knights at both Centrebet and Sportingbet.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles v Canberra Raiders
Brookvale Oval
Sunday 2pm

you can be sure newly re-signed Manly fullback Brett Stewart can’t wait to return to Fortress Brookvale on Sunday afternoon.

I am a bit fuzzy this morning, but what did I miss. When did this happen?

Clint said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles v Canberra Raiders
Brookvale Oval
Sunday 2pm

you can be sure newly re-signed Manly fullback Brett Stewart can’t wait to return to Fortress Brookvale on Sunday afternoon.

I am a bit fuzzy this morning, but what did I miss. When did this happen?

I don't think it did.....That said ZeroTackle has him signed till 2015 now on 500k a year.
http://www.zerotackle.com.au/rugby-league/nrl/players/brett-stewart/

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Damn Vet emergency for one of our dogs so I can't go now :(

Hope it all goes well for you mate. Pets are as much as family, as family itself.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Ryan said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Damn Vet emergency for one of our dogs so I can't go now :(

Hope it all goes well for you mate. Pets are as much as family, as family itself.
Staffy pinched a paddlepop off a Grandkid and swallowed the whole stick

Oh no. Could be an operation depending on the size, position or whatever. ****, hope your cashed up mate :(

Glorious warm weather today. I'm sitting on a hill in Beacon Hill and it is wonderful here.

I hope the boys are prepared to put together a stellar performance.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6